Best players of round 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Best players of round 1

Chris Kelly
    Tim Thomas
    Micahel Ryder
    Nathan Horton (he could play better but had 2 winning OT goals)
    Andrew Ferrence
    Patrice Bergeron (despite a few penalties that cost us)
    Brad Marchand

Next round I expect to see Looch-Krejci-Peverley-Chara-Paille-Campbell on my list

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Best players of round 1

And worst player : Kaberle Sauvignon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

You left Carey Price off that list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Best player: Kelly, hands down with special mention to Horton for scoring the big goals when they counted

Worst player: threeway tie between Kaberle (just aweful), Krejci, and Lucic. They need to step up next round or it is curtains for the B's....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think marchand played his butt off, guys a hustler

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Best Bruins players were Bergeron & Marchand. Marchand was outstanding the entire series & gave the Canadians fits. I give him the edge over Bergy because Bergy took a couple of bad penalties at bad times. (Ironic since I expected Marchand to be taking bad penalties)

Kelly & Ryder were also very good.

Krejci must be better. Has to find away to work through the tough checking game against him. Lucic was horrible. Has to be better along the wall in the defensive zone. Has to cut down on the turnovers. Horton scored huge goals but other then that was pretty blah. Horton & Lucic have to find a way to get open & Krejci has to find them. THat line must be better & all 3 have to improve individually.

THat brings me to Tomas Kaberle. Brutal in the series & appeared to be scared to death against a soft Montreal team. How will he react when guys like Hartnell, Carcillo & Powe are hunting him down in the defensive zone? How about the extra moves at the blueline putting guys offside? The Flyers forwards will make the Canadians forwards look like choir boys and that is not good news for Kaberle.

Kaberle has been a monumental bust to this point considering the package Chia gave up to get him. Hopefully he can relax & bring more to the table in round # 2 because he was horrid in round # 1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

#1:  Bergeron (for OBVIOUS reasons)
    #2:  Marchand (guy hustled non-stop)
    #3:  Tim Thomas (without him, Habs could have scored 5 every game)
    #4:  Nathan Horton (double OT winner and OT winner in game 7, both at home)
    #5:  Andrew Ference (the BEST d-man of the series)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Best players of round 1:
    [QUOTE]Chris Kelly Tim Thomas Micahel Ryder Nathan Horton (he could play better but had 2 winning OT goals) Andrew Ferrence Patrice Bergeron (despite a few penalties that cost us) Brad Marchand Next round I expect to see Looch-Krejci-Peverley-Chara-Paille-Campbell on my list Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

stan i thought seidenberg was great this series. i thought he was really steady and helped calm things down,outside of the shorty mishap last night which was terrible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

In Response to Re: Best players of round 1:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Best players of round 1 : stan i thought seidenberg was great this series. i thought he was really steady and helped calm things down,outside of the shorty mishap last night which was terrible.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    I agree.I was wondering to my brother during the season what was up with him,but he's raised his play.He's fun to watch as a skater and showed a great burst on that late odd man rush.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I thought one of the biggest reasons we lost the first 2 were because of him.  He made some HORRIBLE plays all series, and it seemed like every time he did they scored.  Seidenberg played VERY WELL at times, but when he was bad it was REAL BAD. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dennis Weidmenberg?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]I thought one of the biggest reasons we lost the first 2 were because of him.  He made some HORRIBLE plays all series, and it seemed like every time he did they scored.  Seidenberg played VERY WELL at times, but when he was bad it was REAL BAD. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    He does make glaring errors.But he won me over in crunch time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]Dennis Weidmenberg?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    I literally lol'ed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

NEWFOUNDLANDS OWN MICHAEL RYDER

GO BRUISN GO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bergeron, Marchand, Kelly, Peverly; Thomas was good, but nowhere near his in-season best. Could be overworked Claude!!! Defense was true to form with ference steady; McQuaid conservative;Chara steady; Seidenberg good; Boy chuck dumb at times;Kaberle poor performance in all zones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

stanley, your a big enough bruins fan to learn that theres only one R in Ference. and he was by far the most impressive bruin to me

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Kelly, Ference and Marchand played well the entire series so I'm going with that. can't say the same about too many other B's. They will have to be better in round 2! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

best dy order  Marchand 90 %                           Ference         85 %
                           Kelly        90 %                          Seindenberg     80 %
                           Bergeron   85 %                          Boychuck        75 %
                           Ryder       80 %                          mcquaid          72 %
                           Peverly     75 %                          Chara             70 %
                           Horton     ( 2 goal ) 70%               Kaberle           50 %
                           Paillé         68 %                          Hindy             50 %
                           Campbell    65 %                         Thomas           90 %
                           lucic         60 %
                           Kreci         60 %
                           Thorton     60 %
                           Recchi       68 %

( kelly   marchand Thomas ) ++++++

( lucic  Kreci  Recchi  Chara ) --------

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Thomas and Ryder get my vote, with Kelly getting honorable mention.

Kaberle was awful.  I didn't think Chara was great either, I know maybe he is not totally healthy but too many give aways.  I think he will be the happiest to see those speedy forwards of MTL gone.