Bieber and the Hawks Logo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bieber and the Hawks Logo

Okay, so people across the hockey globe are upset that Bieber disrespected the Hawks by standing on the team logo when taking a picture in their locker room.  This has to be one of the stupidiest "traditions" ever.  The team logo is IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR.  If they don't want people to walk across it, step on it, stand on it or whatever, don't put there! 

No one has any problems with people skating all over the logo on the ice.  But, oh my, don't you dare step on the team logo in the locker room on the floor!

Like "Don't touch the conference trophy", this is just childish and stupid.  Superstitions are so dumb.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Bieber and the Hawks Logo

I guess not everyone is as big a Bieber fan as you. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, Crowls, that's what started this thread.  Fans being upset because a guy walked across a logo on a floor.

As for me being a Bieber fan, I honestly have never listened to one song he sings.  No idea about that.  Not my style, not my scene.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, I'm pretty sure Crowls knows you're not a Bieber fan.

Seems to me that that superstition might make sense if you're the team, but who really cares if it's some random punk?  Jumping on the logo like Terrell Owens; defacing the logo, wiping your feet on the logo or in any way deliberately disrespecting the logo?  That's symbolic, not superstition.  But the thing about symbols is that if they aren't being used as symbols, they're just...stuff.  In this case, carpet.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Mostly though this is just about how much most people who aren't pre-pubescent girls hate the Biebs.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He never torched a jersey, he stepped on a piece of carpet.

Much ado about nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't really get the logo fuss either.  I think what's annoying about the picture of Bieber is everything else going on there.  The entitled little punk getting a private tour of the lockerroom, when he's not even a Hawks fan.  The way he's dressed.  The entourage that follows him around.  Taking a picture of himself and posing like a jack@ss.  He's irritating to watch.

Standing on the logo is just another straw, but it's certainly being used to rip on a guy that people don't like anyhow.

It isn't unprecedented...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Mick...et tu?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I don't really get the logo fuss either.  I think what's annoying about the picture of Bieber is everything else going on there.  The entitled little punk getting a private tour of the lockerroom, when he's not even a Hawks fan.  The way he's dressed.  The entourage that follows him around.  Taking a picture of himself and posing like a jack@ss.  He's irritating to watch.

I'm no fanboy, as I stated I've never listened to his music, but he came from a single parent poverty stricken family, taught himself to play a bunch of instruments, got discovered and now has more money than he'd ever need or want.

He acts like a dope from what I read, but no more stupid that any of us did at that age.  Christ, the stuff I pulled when I was 19 makes this guy a choir boy.

Oh man, it sure is summer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mick...et tu?

#50?  Clark Donatelli?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

As dumb as it is, Wouldnt this tradition, or superstition, just apply to team members? Trying to tell me no media steps on it? What about the carpet cleaners?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm no fanboy, as I stated I've never listened to his music, but he came from a single parent poverty stricken family, taught himself to play a bunch of instruments, got discovered and now has more money than he'd ever need or want.

He acts like a dope from what I read, but no more stupid that any of us did at that age.  Christ, the stuff I pulled when I was 19 makes this guy a choir boy.

Oh man, it sure is summer!

I'm pretty sure I couldn't hear any of his music and say "Oh that's Bieber" I'm clueless as to his music.

But he's 19 and he's been caught behaving like a twit. That's just called being 19.

Christ... when does camp start?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I guess not everyone is as big a Bieber fan as you. 

If I'm Justin Bieber, I go hang myself. Cause getting made fun of for standing on a logo is one thing, but getting made fun of by a loser rocking a pair of jorts is rock bottom.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I named my new goldfish "Iggy".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Okay, so people across the hockey globe are upset that Bieber disrespected the Hawks by standing on the team logo when taking a picture in their locker room.  This has to be one of the stupidiest "traditions" ever.  The team logo is IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR.  If they don't want people to walk across it, step on it, stand on it or whatever, don't put there! 

No one has any problems with people skating all over the logo on the ice.  But, oh my, don't you dare step on the team logo in the locker room on the floor!

Like "Don't touch the conference trophy", this is just childish and stupid.  Superstitions are so dumb.

It's not like the hawks are alone in having a logo in the middle of the floor that you aren't supposed to walk on. Everyone does that. Junior, College, Pro, every team that has a locker room does that. He's from toronto, it's not like he's from texas and wouldn't know that. He's from Toronto, that's a hockey tradition I would expect him to know. He's just oblivious to the world around him and thinks he runs the place. He deserves all the crap he gets. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If I'm Justin Bieber, I go hang myself. Cause getting made fun of for standing on a logo is one thing, but getting made fun of by a loser rocking a pair of jorts is rock bottom.

That's tough, but fair Kel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

It's not like the hawks are alone in having a logo in the middle of the floor that you aren't supposed to walk on. Everyone does that. Junior, College, Pro, every team that has a locker room does that. He's from toronto, it's not like he's from texas and wouldn't know that. He's from Toronto, that's a hockey tradition I would expect him to know. He's just oblivious to the world around him and thinks he runs the place. He deserves all the crap he gets. 

Because it's done across many leagues doesn't make it less stupid.

I was at the Panthers draft part a few weeks ago (Barkov...lol) and went on a tour of the locker room area.  Had they not roped off the logo in the middle of the floor, I never would have thought to walk around it.

This is more about how incredibly stupid it is to put something on the rug in the dead middle of a room and expect every person to avoid walking on it than it is about Bieber doing anything ever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

#50?  Clark Donatelli?

Stones' 50th anniversary.

And it's just the Celtics logo, who cares? :p

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bieber is a dope, my youngest daughter (14) is gaga over the guy & unfortunately I do know the little fawkers songs, but I think there's worse things he could do then to step on a teams logo that isn't roped off. Ahem..Like show up at a concert smelling like a brewery! I hate double standards!! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Because it's done across many leagues doesn't make it less stupid.

I was at the Panthers draft part a few weeks ago (Barkov...lol) and went on a tour of the locker room area.  Had they not roped off the logo in the middle of the floor, I never would have thought to walk around it.

This is more about how incredibly stupid it is to put something on the rug in the dead middle of a room and expect every person to avoid walking on it than it is about Bieber doing anything ever.

[/QUOTE]

That's the point of putting the logo on the floor though. It's put there so you have to walk around it, and show respect for the organization. However it would probably be a good idea to have a sign on the door or to just rope the darn thing off. I still think Beibs, being a canadian, should know better. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I can't really bring myself to defend Bieber since he seems like such a tool to me, but this logo thing is dumb.  

Here is a locker room I spent a little time in (note: I did not play for the Redhawks, lest any think I'm trying to brag -- went there for grad school after playing lower level college hockey and was loosely involved with the hockey program).

Huge logo.  Right in the middle of the floor.  We walked on it all the time.  The coaches would stand there to give speeches.

All this nonsense about disrespect is getting a little out of hand.  I get being superstitious and choosing to avoid the logo, but if you don't want anyone else to walk on it, don't put it in the middle of the floor. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's the point of putting the logo on the floor though. It's put there so you have to walk around it, and show respect for the organization. However it would probably be a good idea to have a sign on the door or to just rope the darn thing off. I still think Beibs, being a canadian, should know better. 

They put it there so people have to walk around it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Who cares if he's Canadian?  I'm 39 years old.  I started skating when I was 4.  I have been playing and following hockey all my life.  If I couldn't remember, he should because he is Canadian?  Again, this isn't about the person, it's about the stupidity.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Here' an idea - you want your logo to be a centrepiece in the dressing room? You want it to be a visual focal point? You want it to be smack dab in the middle of the room where everyone can see it and be reminded of its presence? You want no one to direspect it by stepping on it?

Put it on the damn ceiling!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

well NAS, i'm shocked. maybe this is a more recent trend. I'm 25, I stopped playing last year, and for the 12 years before that, every locker room I set foot in (that wasn't a visiting locker room) had the logo, and it was a rule that you didn't step on it. And it was for the reason I previously stated. 

Red - i think the point is that you have to go out of your way to avoid it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

well NAS, i'm shocked. maybe this is a more recent trend. I'm 25, I stopped playing last year, and for the 12 years before that, every locker room I set foot in (that wasn't a visiting locker room) had the logo, and it was a rule that you didn't step on it. And it was for the reason I previously stated. 

Red - i think the point is that you have to go out of your way to avoid it. 

My last competitive league was in 1998.  Places I played had logos on the floor.  None of us cared.  At all.  It has nothing to do with respecting the team or not respecting the team.  It's on the floor.  It's made to be walked on. 

I love when players get upset that a reporter stepped on it.  Why would Joe Blow from the NewsTimesDaily care at all?  He's not a player.  He's probably not even a fan.  He's there to do a job.

A hockey team's colorful picture on the floor in a room is not sacred.  You know what's sacred?  A tomb in Africa.  Some of the religious sites in the Middle East.  A graveyard.  Gettysburg.

Michael Farber has this article about it

In it, he says he wasn't even aware of it until 2004 when Dave Andreychuk decided it was a good idea.  That was nine years ago.  You were following the rule 13 years ago.  That's odd.

Furthermore, he points out that the Red Wings have no such rule.  Says Farber, "This strikes me as remarkably mature..."  I agree, and also agree that the idea of it being disrespectful for people to walk on a picture you drew in the middle of the room on the floor is immature.