Black Aces

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Black Aces

Do Black Aces only start skating after Providence is eliminated from the playoffs?  Does anybody have any guesses as to who our black Aces will be this year.  I assume everyone that has been called up including Hamill will be Black Aces.  I wonder whether or not Spooner will be a black ace?  I am also very grateful for Mottau and Zanon, because I am not sold on Bartkowski et al.  Does anyone think Tommy Cross might be ahead of the Providence D-men as an option should more injuries occur on the Blue line?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Black Aces

I doubt Cross is ahead of the top Providence D-men, but who knows.  I think Krug is at the top of the list since he has to remain with the big club anyhow.

After Zanon and Mottau, my guess would be Krug, Bodnardchuk, Bartkowski, and Cohen, since he was a black ace last year.  Has anyone seen Trotman play?

I'd like to see Spooner in there too, but that's a bigger decision than just bringing up a few guys from Providence like Camper, Hennessy, and Sauve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not sure there's any reason to worry about Spooner being an Ace.  He's highly unlikely to see the ice in a game, so there are no contractual issues I can think of.  It would be a bit of a slap to all of the guys who did at least contribute something to the cause. 

Mottau is too close to call.  I'm glad he's there, but I'd be happier if he and Corvo were splitting natchos on game night - with Krug and Bartkowski.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Black Aces:[QUOTE ]I doubt Cross is ahead of the top Providence D-men, but who knows.  I think Krug is at the top of the list since he has to remain with the big club anyhow. After Zanon and Mottau, my guess would be Krug, Bodnardchuk, Bartkowski, and Cohen, since he was a black ace last year.  Has anyone seen Trotman play? I'd like to see Spooner in there too, but that's a bigger decision than just bringing up a few guys from Providence like Camper, Hennessy, and Sauve. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/04/bcs-cross-makes-pro-debut-tonight-for-p-bruins.html

"Injured: Hamill, Tardif, Bartkowski, Chaput

Healthy scratches: Staal, Button, McKelvie, Cohen."

I'm curious as well who Chiarelli and Julien will pick. Camper has been the most consistent all year. Since Cassidy took Sauve away from Hennessey after Tardif got injured Camper-Sauve-Cunningham have clicked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I thought that Krug wasn't available for the playoffs? So therefore what would be the point of him being a Black Ace?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Black Aces:
    [QUOTE]I thought that Krug wasn't available for the playoffs? So therefore what would be the point of him being a Black Ace?
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    I wondered the same thing lam. I also wondered why Kreider is supposedly able to suit up for NYR. He burned off his 1st year of eligibilty as soon as he practiced with them (same as Krug). I figured there must be different parameters for Kreider since he was drafted rather than a FA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I also thought that the same would apply to Cross? I know we drafted him, but he signed after the deadline as well?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Horton is the only Black Ace that matters -even though he was ruled out for the playoffs he'l be back as a kick-start in the finals vs. San Jose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The difference is being on the "property" list - Krug and Turco had no connection to the Bruins before they signed, but Cross is Bruin "property" even if they don't have a contract yet.  I forget what the lsit is actually called - the neg. list?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Unless there is a major injury, no one from Providence will play a second in the playoffs this year. 

You can change "Black Ace" to "practice dummy".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Thanks guys.  If Krug was available, I am fairly certain he would be ahead of Corvo and Mottau!!

I do think Corvo had a good game last night, so maybe he can be a better player in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]Unless there is a major injury, no one from Providence will play a second in the playoffs this year.  You can change "Black Ace" to "practice dummy".
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Exactly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hopefully McQ will be back soon, but his day to day seems to be stretching out more than expected. Could be he's following the concussion format. Corvo did seem to play carefully last night, and he does have more speed than Mottau, although Mottau appeared to be "smarter'. Zanon does play a tough hard game. The Providence team is still playing, but a long shot even though they improved in the last two months of their season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/04/black-aces-take-to-the-ice-on-wednesday.html

"Carter Camper, Craig Cunningham, Ryan Spooner, Trent Whitfield, Lane MacDermid, Maxime Sauve, Josh Hennessey, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Kevan Miller, David Warsofsky and Adam Morrison.

The Black Aces are extra players kept around in case of injuries. The name goes back to Eddie Shore's Springfield Indians of the 1950s. Shore put injured players to work doing maintenance in the Eastern States Coliseum, and they came to be known as Black Aces."

Yah put some paint brushes in their hands n put them to work!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/04/black-aces-take-to-the-ice-on-wednesday.html "Carter Camper, Craig Cunningham, Ryan Spooner, Trent Whitfield, Lane MacDermid, Maxime Sauve, Josh Hennessey, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Kevan Miller, David Warsofsky and Adam Morrison. The Black Aces are extra players kept around in case of injuries. The name goes back to Eddie Shore's Springfield Indians of the 1950s. Shore put injured players to work doing maintenance in the Eastern States Coliseum, and they came to be known as Black Aces ."   Yah put some paint brushes in their hands n put them to work!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list.
    Was there a point and time that the Black Aces went on the raod with the team ?
    I remember seeing Caron and Khodobin on the ice in Vancvouver after the Bruins won the cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Too lazy to look for it, so maybe someone else has verified that Hamill and Bartkowski are injured?  Just curious to confirm that the team is fully committed to walking away from Hamill (i.e. if he's healthy and they called up all of those other forwards, he's a goner for sure - if he's injured, there's a sliver of a possibility they bring him back.)  Would also confirm that Bartkowski has slid back a lot farther than I thought if he's healthy and still not called on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

I thought I saw all of the practice dummies skating with the cup.

They are listed on the roster on the shirt I went out and bought. Pretty cool for them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I looked it up. Hamill has been injured since mid-March.  So you can't read anything into his not being included in the Black Aces.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/blogs/whatsbruin/x787557106/Bruins-recall-Black-Aces

"Three prominent players were not called up due to injuries: forward Zach Hamill (shoulder), defenseman Matt Bartkowski (knee), and goalie Michael Hutchinson (hip)."

Only thing I could find and I say it is doubtful Zack is brought back as it would only suck up minutes of players the Bruins are looking to develop. Hamill has had plenty of time and chances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/blogs/whatsbruin/x787557106/Bruins-recall-Black-Aces "Three prominent players were not called up due to injuries: forward Zach Hamill (shoulder), defenseman Matt Bartkowski (knee), and goalie Michael Hutchinson (hip)." Only thing I could find and I say it is doubtful Zack is brought back as it would only suck up minutes of players the Bruins are looking to develop. Hamill has had plenty of time and chances.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If Khudobin or TT go down whose the backup then? Is Rask ready?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Black Aces:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black Aces : If Khudobin or TT go down whose the backup then? Is Rask ready? Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Jeez Red shhhhh....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black Aces : If Khudobin or TT go down whose the backup then? Is Rask ready?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    It seems to me Rask is close, one of the beat writers thought he was in line to back up last night based on theearly part  practice the day before.  The same beat writer backtracked later when Khudobin replaced Rask midway through, but still...