Blackhawks take out full-page Globe ad to thank Bruins, City of Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Blackhawks take out full-page Globe ad to thank Bruins, City of Boston

I haven't posted much since the series ended.  I, like everyone else, was extremely disappointed with the way Game 6 ended.  It was a great series and had the makings of an all-time classic but it fell short by one game.   An OT winner-take-all Game 7 is all that was needed for that.

But I commend the Bruins and Blackhawks on a tremendous series.  And it was all about good, tough, hardnosed hockey.  No whining to the refs, no diving (or not much anyway) and, thankfully, no biting.  The series was a joy to watch. 

Thank you to both teams and cities for amazing series that I didn't want to see end.  And congrats to the 'Hawks (and their fans) on their championship.  They earned it....and my respect.

#BOSTONSTRONG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think that's the thing, here, jalvis.  This is a gesture the winners get to make, and like the handshake line, it's one of those great things in sports where the winners show respect to their opponents who, in turn, congratulate the victors.  And it is more affecting when the series lives up to the standard of that handshake line tradition - when it is a hard, tough series on both sides with some great goals, hits that shake the will, battles that split and resume, and some pleas to the hockey gods that get answered.

I'd watch every minute of a Bruins-Hawks series if it was a best of 1001.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nice gesture.  Chicago is a great city, 2 million showed up to honor the Blackhawks.  No comparison necessary.  Congrats to the team, the organization, as well as the city.  I still wonder if there would have been a game 7 if Bergeron was healthy.  Certainly the Krejci line would not have been on the ice the last minute and half of game six.  

Don't judge me monkey!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I never developed any hate for them through the series.  They played straight up, no crying to the refs.  Not one troll on the forum from Chicago.  Class act all the way through.

I agree. Normally by time a series is over I hate the other team but not in this case.  They are like the Bruins, they play tough and hard but there is no whining. Two great organizations and a very classy move by Rocky Wirtz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

The rest of the league should be in awe of these 2 great organizations -- especially those from Vancouver and Montreal. The respect for each other and and most important -- the great sport of hockey brings me back to the game I knew 50 years ago. It would be nice for the Subban's of the world to take note in lieu of off season diving and acting lessons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

"Chicago stronger classier".

Interesting psychology at work. It was a great final, but this feel good stuff is excessive unless they want to reinforce and cultivate the image of a classy organization that nobody should feel sorry to lose against (which to some extent is true). Not necessarily a bad strategy either since it seems to be working already. I think "Blackhawks, party animals" or "Chicago, the spirit of Al Capone lives on" wouldn't work as well.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Some teams are classy.  Some are not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuF2BTWrvHk

And some teams go far in the playoffs, others don't...