Blank

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Blank

Post deleted

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hey NAS.....re: Marchand

I've gladly stated on many, many occasions that I was wrong about him.

If you're going to dedicate (yet another) thread to me, you should read all of my posts first.  If not, you end up looking like a petulent child shouting "I win, I win, I win".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Wins are few and far between for my predictions and didn't see the retractions. What can I say, I'm glad I was right on that one.........I WIN, I WIN, I WIN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I dont think a lot of people would have predicted that Marchand would have the year that he is having, including myself. Being wrong never felt so good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I also have to admit I didn't want Marchand taking Paille's spot early in the year. I thought our PK was one of our biggest strengths & I didn't think we should be replacing that player that since brought over our PK went to #1 in the league.
    YUCKKKK! Eating crow is AWFULLL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a difference between predicting and that general fantasizing about prospects that so many of us do - you know, players you've seen in their earlier habitats who just looked to have something special, and if they can just bring that something with them to the NHL....

It happens oh, so rarely. My fascination with tracking Zach Hamill comes from watching him slide, Matrix-like, through several WHL teams as though he was standing still and they were whirring by on all sides - then suddenly make a move that made something exciting happen.  He did it against the Russians in the SuperSeries when Lucic was captain, though he didn't get much opportunity there.  Just like he was in a bubble.  I haven't seen him do that in Providence or in the three NHL games.  Marchand was the human Immigrant Song some nights in junior - some sort of screaming berserker.  Just had that knack for dagger goals and plays that would slash the opposition's tires.  Hard for a guy his size to bring that with him, and I'd never have predicted he'd be as good as he's been this year.  Boy, I was thrilled they drafted him, and I hoped that he'd stick this year, but predict?  Never.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Hey NAS.....re: Marchand:
    [QUOTE]Wins are few and far between for my predictions and didn't see the retractions. What can I say, I'm glad I was right on that one.........I WIN, I WIN, I WIN.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    I think this is a situation where we all win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey NAS.....re: Marchand : I think this is a situation where we all win.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    Perfectly said!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

We don't need to say 'i told you so!'  Let's just enjoy the great season the B's and Marchand is having.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey NAS.....re: Marchand : I think this is a situation where we all win.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

i disagree, nash, taz, 40yrs, and others aren't so happy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This better be the last thread I read about NAS, I swear to God.

I'm not blaming him either, and I have seen him readily admit he was wrong about Marchand several times, as many of us were.

But, can everyone just stop ripping on NAS, stop sticking up for NAS, or otherwise stop making us all read and discuss the merits of individual posters??  Whether he is the smartest guy on the board, or a total d*ck, who cares?  Let's talk hockey.  I think (and hope) he is as sick of it as everyone else.  We are all here for hockey talk and some occasional off-topic humor.  This thing with NAS has gotten out of hand.

NAS, would you be willing to just declare victory and let the Chowdah thing go?  I like reading posts from both of you.  Sounds like you were falsely accused, but I don't think it is that unprecedented to be falsely accused or misrepresented here, happens all the time.  As a goodwill gesture to the rest of us, will you let it die?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]This better be the last thread I read about NAS, I swear to God. I'm not blaming him either, and I have seen him readily admit he was wrong about Marchand several times, as many of us were. But, can everyone just stop ripping on NAS, stop sticking up for NAS, or otherwise stop making us all read and discuss the merits of individual posters??  Whether he is the smartest guy on the board, or a total d*ck, who cares?  Let's talk hockey.  I think (and hope) he is as sick of it as everyone else.  We are all here for hockey talk and some occasional off-topic humor.  This thing with NAS has gotten out of hand. NAS, would you be willing to just declare victory and let the Chowdah thing go?  I like reading posts from both of you.  Sounds like you were falsely accused, but I don't think it is that unprecedented to be falsely accused or misrepresented here, happens all the time.  As a goodwill gesture to the rest of us, will you let it die?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you Fletch but we both know NAS loves it when anyone makes a whole post about him, good or bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yeah I could really care less for the for inside joke threads, or threads about posters not about hockey etc...

At least this thread was about his position on hockey, so it was kind of relevant.

Funny thing about the NAS Chowdah rivalry, I remember a while Back NAS started an inside joke thread. I posted something like "These threads are egotistical" or something.

CHowdha absolutely laid into me sticking up for NAS. Now NAS hounds Chowdah ehhhh..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey NAS.....re: Marchand : I agree with you Fletch but we both know NAS loves it when anyone makes a whole post about him, good or bad.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Callo dont think I forgot that Probert- McSorley beating you laid on me last week. Because I just caught you coming across the blueline stevens style for insulting NAS. (Guess he'll be on my team)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ehv4xepJw

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey NAS.....re: Marchand : Callo dont think I forgot that Probert- McSorley beating you laid on me last week. Because I just caught you coming across the blueline stevens style for insulting NAS. (Guess he'll be on my team) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ehv4xepJw
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Oh you SOB. I wait until the final minutes and do this to you.

Yes, I indeed went there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=c1437e727718437d01b766750a675d5f&plckUserId=c1437e727718437d01b766750a675d5f">
    First: 7/14/2008
    Last: 3/3/2011
    This better be the last thread I read about NAS, I swear to God.

I'm not blaming him either, and I have seen him readily admit he was wrong about Marchand several times, as many of us were.

But, can everyone just stop ripping on NAS, stop sticking up for NAS, or otherwise stop making us all read and discuss the merits of individual posters??  Whether he is the smartest guy on the board, or a total d*ck, who cares?  Let's talk hockey.  I think (and hope) he is as sick of it as everyone else.  We are all here for hockey talk and some occasional off-topic humor.  This thing with NAS has gotten out of hand.

NAS, would you be willing to just declare victory and let the Chowdah thing go?  I like reading posts from both of you.  Sounds like you were falsely accused, but I don't think it is that unprecedented to be falsely accused or misrepresented here, happens all the time.  As a goodwill gesture to the rest of us, will you let it die?

This is from another post recently which I said this in a similar way and got ripped for it.
     www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=0cd23fb67005650d3e3721cc681191a3&plckUserId=0cd23fb67005650d3e3721cc681191a3">
    First: 7/1/2009
    Last: 3/3/2011
    Starting to turn into more like the Red Sox board everyday.  This board is about the Bruins and talkin hockey.  It should not be about the fools that post on this board including myself.  Go to Facialbook if you want to socialize.  I could care less who NAS is fueding with this week, but I do care about what other knowledgable posters have to say about the Bruins and Hockey.

Go ahead and rip me for saying it-- Could care less about that either!

GO BRUINS!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Don't get me wrong.  I am not saying there should be some strict adherence to hockey topics all the time.  I enjoy funny or personal stories, or the "where you from/what you do" type threads.

But recently it just seems like there is so much talk about particular posters, and people totally ripping them, followed by poeple coming fiercly to their defense...and so on and so on, and I just wonder, who the f*ck cares??

My opinion:  NAS isn't a saint or a bum -- he's a pretty smart poster who has a very abrasive/arrogant style sometimes, and therefore gets lots of feedback. 

Too smart to dismiss, too obnoxious to sympathize with.

There.  Now that I've toally violated my own declaration not to do this (nice principle, eh?), I will move on and away from all of this, hopefully.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]This better be the last thread I read about NAS, I swear to God. I'm not blaming him either, and I have seen him readily admit he was wrong about Marchand several times, as many of us were. But, can everyone just stop ripping on NAS, stop sticking up for NAS, or otherwise stop making us all read and discuss the merits of individual posters??  Whether he is the smartest guy on the board, or a total d*ck, who cares?  Let's talk hockey.  I think (and hope) he is as sick of it as everyone else.  We are all here for hockey talk and some occasional off-topic humor.  This thing with NAS has gotten out of hand. NAS, would you be willing to just declare victory and let the Chowdah thing go?  I like reading posts from both of you.  Sounds like you were falsely accused, but I don't think it is that unprecedented to be falsely accused or misrepresented here, happens all the time.  As a goodwill gesture to the rest of us, will you let it die?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

1.  I am not a fan of threads about me.  People have to be pretty lonely and insecure to start attack threads on the local newspaper message boards.  I am not going to stamp my feet and cry out, "Please stop it", but I don't look forward to this stuff.  My normal reaction is usually, "Oh what now?"    At least this guy is telling the truth.  Unlike...

2.  The thing with Chowda is gone for as long as he is.  If he returns, so do his threads.  I'm not going all Chowda style and make a bunch of attack threads.    I just reply to his posts.  He was out of line and needs to admit it. 

3.  I come here to talk hockey.  I have so many people on ignore, it has to be 75% of all posters.   Most of them are career losers (Bruins8, etc) and others just can't get past the fact that they've said something stupid and I pointed it out (callodom or whatever and the like). 

4.  There is an impressive amount of comedy here.  Nothing will top 32 PIM or the waiters with the tables, but new stuff is coming around all the time. 

5.  Unlike last summer, we now have a hardcore hockey chick in the gang. 

6.  Dez has pictures of Larry Playfair in a thong in his wallet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Was purely a joke thread and I usually (almost always) stick to the topic. Was meant to be a quick poke and instead it turned into a debate about the boards.

End of thread.