Bobby Butler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Bobby Butler

He's a UFA, plays both wings, is only 24, and started to look like he belongs in the NHL late last season. He had 10 goals in 36 games. He would not cost a ton and has good upside. I would add that he's a local guy (Marlborough, MA) but I really don't think that's a valid criteria for acquiring a player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bobby Butler

Scores goalscorer goals.  Had 13 in the Binghamton Calder Cup run.  But that's all he does.  Might be worth a phone call to see where the market is for him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Butler:
    [QUOTE]Scores goalscorer goals.  Had 13 in the Binghamton Calder Cup run.  But that's all he does.  Might be worth a phone call to see where the market is for him. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also think if you get him out of the Ottawa system he could be a slightly more rounded player. The point is, he could still be developing and his upside is decent. I've seen this kid play from when he was 14 all the way through UNH. Good skills and very coachable. Defintiely worth a look. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

He's a RFA not a UFA. There seems to be a code amongst GMs about going after RFAs via offer sheets, so I doubt PC will do it.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1660

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

ZERO character

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

biased post. unreliable.

[QUOTE]ZERO character
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]He's a RFA not a UFA. There seems to be a code amongst GMs about going after RFAs via offer sheets, so I doubt PC will do it. http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1660
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

TSN has him listed as UFA but I think you may be right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]ZERO character

Based on what?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Butler : Based on what?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

based on knowing him and playing against him in the EJ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I know him and his family so you need to give me something more specific than that to sway my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

and you won't. i'm not going to get into it, but i've had a number of dealings with him on and off the ice, and my impression was that he has zero character

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]and you won't. i'm not going to get into it, but i've had a number of dealings with him on and off the ice, and my impression was that he has zero character

Sorry to hear it. It's not like he's a friend, I just know him as we live near each other and his dad is a coach and I deal with him as I'm involved with H.S. hockey in my region. The Marlborough high kids would help out with my daughter's team practices from time to time and Bobby came a bunch and was terrific with the girls. I know lots of people who do know him well and/or have played with him in high school or college and this is the first time anyone has ever questioned his character to me. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we've had different experiences with the guy. You've been a credible poster on here and I have no reason to think you're a dee-bag or anything.
    Cheers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Butler : Sorry to hear it. It's not like he's a friend, I just know him as we live near each other and his dad is a coach and I deal with him as I'm involved with H.S. hockey in my region. The Marlborough high kids would help out with my daughter's team practices from time to time and Bobby came a bunch and was terrific with the girls. I know lots of people who do know him well and/or have played with him in high school or college and this is the first time anyone has ever questioned his character to me. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we've had different experiences with the guy. You've been a credible poster on here and I have no reason to think you're a dee-bag or anything. Cheers.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

and theres a perfectly good chance i just caught him on some bad days, or noticed a dirty play here or there that isn't the way he normally conducts himself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Butler again?  A few months back, some fool here was calling for Chiarelli's head for letting the local kid slip through his fingers.

I think he's "JAHP", just another hockey player.  If he did come to Boston, where would he play? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Butler again?  A few months back, some fool here was calling for Chiarelli's head for letting the local kid slip through his fingers. I think he's "JAHP", just another hockey player.  If he did come to Boston, where would he play? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Not Boston, more likely Providence. Then Boston down the road if he develops further. If he does and there's still no palce for him in Boston, they trade him. He's got a scorer's touch but needs to get better overall but I think he has upside.

I don't care that he's local. Dumbest reason to go after a player ever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Marlborough High eh, just smokin!

Good with the girls, this kid could have been me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Marlborough High eh, just smokin! Good with the girls, this kid could have been me.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I always hated Bobby Butler but that's cuz I went to BU haha...

If PC can get him to sign a two-way deal it would be a great move...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]I always hated Bobby Butler but that's cuz I went to BU haha... If PC can get him to sign a two-way deal it would be a great move...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

The jackwagon should have went to BU!