Bobby Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Re: Bobby Ryan

Does anyone else think that it is a very fortunate for Boston that Krejci is having a hard time during his contract year! 

My opinion is, why mess with the Chemistry that won us a cup, If you acquire Ryan, make it a draft pick prospect package. (Not including Doug Hamilton) They Prob wont bite but so what we certainly arent desperate! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I know what you're saying DC, but to give up a DK for a future is too risky. The B's need to keep doing what they're doing. If anything. If the B's are going to let DK go. I want them to get a Suter type on the backend. That way Hamilton has Chara to help him & then Suter can also help him.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I would support this type of move also but I like the idea of gambling on one of the high-end D prospects in this year's draft because Krejci alone is worth a top-10 pick and Krejci+ could get us one of the elite players in the draft...not a huge gamble, but a risk nonetheless. There are a whole bunch of solid blueliners in this year's draft and I think Boston's depth at center provides the breathing room to take on risk.

However, I would not trade Krejci for a forward. We really don't need another one. Let's assume Krejci is out: Bruins still have 5 centers and our top 3 wingers along with some depth, prospects, and cap space.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Where would you play him? KLH is solid even though Horton can be hot or cold; would not touch Bergeron's line right now; Kelly's line allready has a cheaper role filler in Caron, and I don't think Chiarelli would pay 5-6 mil for a 4th liner. In the pipe are Sauve, Arneil, Hamill, Knight, Spooner, KoKo. The Bruins need to look for a solid defenseman without disrupting the core. Kreji and Horton are the oldest front 6 at 26 so they are all still growing into their prime years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

oops, it's Bergeron and Horton who are 26, Kreji's only 25. He's still playing thru an injury, which is evident once in a while, but can still turn on the jets and control the puck superbly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Shupe, I don't think Ryan is what this team needs. If Krejci is going to be used as trade bait I would want a 2nd pairing d-man in return. McQuaid- Ference as the 3rd pairing is wonderful and McQuaid is looking stronger than last year. Seids-Corvo I don't have a problem with, Corvo will figure it out. The B's need someone to pair with Chara. I would trade Krejci-Boychuk-Knight/Spooner and maybe a 3rd rounder for a Suter or the like and prospects and roster guys.
    This team has proven that they can win without the big time scorer. And once Ryans contract runs out what happens? He is still young and if he continues to improve he will demand more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I would support this type of move also but I like the idea of gambling on one of the high-end D prospects in this year's draft because Krejci alone is worth a top-10 pick and Krejci+ could get us one of the elite players in the draft...not a huge gamble, but a risk nonetheless. There are a whole bunch of solid blueliners in this year's draft and I think Boston's depth at center provides the breathing room to take on risk. However, I would not trade Krejci for a forward. We really don't need another one. Let's assume Krejci is out: Bruins still have 5 centers and our top 3 wingers along with some depth, prospects, and cap space.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Are you considering a posible Savvy return? Or are you going by PB, Kelly, Seguin, Peverly & Campbell?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The Bruins aren't trading Knight. Knight was who Toronto wanted in the Kaberle deal.

[QUOTE]I'm not in the trade Krejci camp at all, but if the return were to be Bobby Ryan I would have to take a hard look at it.  I don't think Hamilton needs to be a part of the deal.  I'd rather give up Knight and a 3rd round pick, or something like that.  The Bruins blueline is a desperate need of young talent in the coming years.  We need Hamilton too much. Interesting deal though.  I love Ryan's game, slow start or not.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Any trade involving Hamilton and/or Seguin is a loss for the B's...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I would trade Boychuk to the first team who offered more than a bag of pucks for him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Wow you guys are some Boychuck haters....Dez you are right i dont know talent becuase i would not trade boychuck so easily...not for a bag of pucks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

What if I throw in Doughty's jockstrap?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe, I don't think Ryan is what this team needs. If Krejci is going to be used as trade bait I would want a 2nd pairing d-man in return. McQuaid- Ference as the 3rd pairing is wonderful and McQuaid is looking stronger than last year. Seids-Corvo I don't have a problem with, Corvo will figure it out. The B's need someone to pair with Chara. I would trade Krejci-Boychuk-Knight/Spooner and maybe a 3rd rounder for a Suter or the like and prospects and roster guys. This team has proven that they can win without the big time scorer. And once Ryans contract runs out what happens? He is still young and if he continues to improve he will demand more.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  A number 2 dman is a need for sure.  Can I take this time to say that I really like Seidz.  What a steady presence back there on the B's blueline.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : Are you considering a posible Savvy return? Or are you going by PB, Kelly, Seguin, Peverly & Campbell?

I was going with the latter 5, yes. I realize only three are signed so far, but I would be surprised if Campbell doesn't re-sign and I bet PC will try his best to get Kelly back too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wow you guys are some Boychuck haters....Dez you are right i dont know talent becuase i would not trade boychuck so easily...not for a bag of pucks
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    I said you were a good evaluator. Boychuk is a risk/reward type of player. I usually like what he brings. My anti- John Boy thread from Friday was game specific. He had a rough one against the Wings. Heck, Corvo had the worst game of the year for a Bruins D-man last game and I'm willing to forgive that so I'm certainly not going to give up on John Boy just yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I said you were a good evaluator. Boychuk is a risk/reward type of player. I usually like what he brings. My anti- John Boy thread from Friday was game specific. He had a rough one against the Wings. Heck, Corvo had the worst game of the year for a Bruins D-man last game and I'm willing to forgive that so I'm certainly not going to give up on John Boy just yet.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Yep! I bet Jonny scores a "JONNY ROCKET!" in one of the next 2 games & it's a GW! I think Jonny is much better than he's ever been. I agree with the Wings game wasn't his best, but for the most part. I think he's fine. Could be worse. We could have Kaberle, who was benched & scratched the last 2 games. Apparently they're even questioning his conditioning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe, you are not usually so far off base, but Hamilton will not be included in any deal. Right now, the Bruins are competitive with every line. I still don't like Pouliot over Caron, and there is less and less a need for a pugilist with so many Bruins being just as tough. Any trade, at this point should focus on defense to replace Kamfer or Boychuck who both have some strengths, but, also obvious weaknesses.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Bogie get it out of your head. Thorts is well respected by his teammates & I`ll bet you PC gives him another 2 yr deal. So, you may as well get used to seeing no.22 Shawn Thornton on your program!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : I agree with you.  A number 2 dman is a need for sure.  Can I take this time to say that I really like Seidz.  What a steady presence back there on the B's blueline.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I agree completely. He is the main reason the cup was brough home last year. No telling what would've happened the year before if he was playing. With the way the B's use him during the season though they could use another d-man. But, with the loss of Krejci they could use another offensive weapon. It's a tough spot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"SPORTSNET’s Darren Millard last night “tweeted” his colleague Nick Kypreos had been told by an NHL executive the Anaheim Ducks are shopping winger Bobby Ryan."

If the Bruins were interested - not saying they should be - it needn't cost them more than Krejci. It would be a swap of of two under-achieving forwards. This time next year, both players will be commanding similiar 5 million dollar salaries and given that Krejci is a centre, Anaheim is getting slightly more value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

This is a tough one.  Do we dump David Krejci?  I don't know.  Someone convince me why Ryan is an upgrade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

I absolutely agree.  Hamilton is a potential constent Norris Trophey D-MAN!!! A RAY BOURQUE LIKE!!!  I like Seguin on the wing keeping the depth & Krejci in BLACK & GOLD!!! Also re-signing Kelly!!! Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell as is!!! Seguin stays a winger. Now you maintain the depth if one of the above gets injured Seguin then can move over to the slot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

did bogie suggest that bobby ryan would be a fourth liner?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I absolutely agree.  Hamilton is a potential constent Norris Trophey D-MAN!!! A RAY BOURQUE LIKE!!!  I like Seguin on the wing keeping the depth & Krejci in BLACK & GOLD!!! Also re-signing Kelly!!! Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell as is!!! Seguin stays a winger. Now you maintain the depth if one of the above gets injured Seguin then can move over to the slot.
    Posted by 54BLITZER[/QUOTE]
    The B's would have a much easier time to recover if they lost a top 3 Center man than if they lost Chara. They need another D-man that can play Chara minutes & be effective in all area's of that position. Right now, I think they need to use DK's money to bring in Suter. He's a UFA & Nashville has the abundence in d-men like the B's have at the Center position. Nashville needs more offense & the B's need to find someone to help stablize the D. They have what seems like a great future d-man in Hamilton. I think if the B's would trade DK for Suter & a pick, would be a great move. The only reason Nashville needs to throw a pick in there is because DK is an RFA & Suter is a UFA.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]This is a tough one.  Do we dump David Krejci?  I don't know.  Someone convince me why Ryan is an upgrade.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]
    Ryan is more physical & I think has more speed. He's bigger, stronger & is a bonafide 30 goal scorer with potential of more. Plus he's already signed till the 2015-16 season. Still I'd prefer the Bruins went after Suter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

SanDog, can you teach me that *shakes head* move?

Do the Bruins need Bobby Ryan?  That has to be your first question because yes, Ryan is a good player and yes, he's a goal scorer first, and yes he's young and yes he's American.  There are a lot of reasons to like Bobby Ryan, but liking him isn't the same as needing him on a team that is already second overall in goals per game.  If the only thing he is is an incremental improvement over the guys you have now, then you don't have much reason to deal for him because the risk is that he won't be the same player in this lineup as he is in Anaheim - we see that all the time.

If for some reason you think Ryan is a must have player who makes the Bruins significantly better, fine.  Krejci's not a bad offer for Anaheim's needs.  They have one line.  Koivu would have Shawn Thornton numbers if Selanne wasn't picking up his slack.  The only place they have depth is on right wing with Perry, Ryan and Selanne all nominally RWs.  They would be a better team with Getzlaf, Krejci and Koivu down the middle, and maybe they give Kyle Palmieri or Dan Sexton a look.

Now ask yourself two things: are you willing to give up Krejci for him, and do you think that offer is better than teams that are in desperate need of a Bobby Ryan?  Unless MO'C is running the Ducks, they'll probably shop him around for a deal they like.  I have to think there would be some kind of bidding on Ryan if he were truly available, and I have to think the Ducks would want a young top six player + in return.

Say what you will about Krejci's start - let me start: he's been disappointing - all he's done in Boston is win.  When he's healthy, they win a whole lot more than when he's not.  In the playoffs two years ago, losing Krejci led to the swan dive vs. the Flyers.  Last year, he led the league in playoff scoring.  Three years ago, saddled with Ryder and Wheeler on the second/third line, he still managed eight points in 11 games even if the Bruins blew the Carolina series.  The Bruins haven't missed the playoffs since he became a regular.  Bobby Ryan's playoff success totals making it to the second round one year and getting swept last year.

Let me sum all that up: Bobby Ryan's a great player, but this isn't collecting hockey cards.  Krejci for Ryan makes very little sense for the Bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Ryan : Ryan is more physical & I think has more speed. He's bigger, stronger & is a bonafide 30 goal scorer with potential of more. Plus he's already signed till the 2015-16 season. Still I'd prefer the Bruins went after Suter.

Completely agree. 
    DK isnt inked and doesnt hold the same value.   Ryan is a pure goal scorer.  Underachieving for Ryan is a slump.  He will get 30 again this year.  One for one the Ducks lose.  Just look what Kessel got traded for.  And Ryan is more established. 
    The one interesting tidbit is that the Ducks also need a young dman.  I bet the Ducks would get a better haul than the Bruins if both were offered up. 

I agree though.  A top 3 dman is a must.  chara needs some help.