Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect?

Everyone knows B's lack a good offensive defenseman.  A #1 Pick of Atlanta in 2008 draft, Bogosian has good offensive skills and size and is only 20 years old.  Bogosian's problem this season?  Byfuglien and Enstrom are getting almost all of the power play time, so Bogosian's numbers have fallen precipitously. 

I wonder if Chiarelli has explored giving up the 2011 #1 pick the B's got from Toronto in the Kessel deal for Bogosian?  The 2011 draft pool is reportedly relatively weak, so I doubt B's could do better than Bogosian.  Thrashers coach Craig Ramsey knows B's personnel, maybe something could be worked out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect?

Im jsut going on stats here but even his #'s last year are kind of weak 10-18 and -18.  Id rather hold out and hope and pray you win the lotto and get Larsson. Worst that happens you trade down and get a 10th pick dman or somethign.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect?:
    [QUOTE]Everyone knows B's lack a good offensive defenseman.  A #1 Pick of Atlanta in 2008 draft, Bogosian has good offensive skills and size and is only 20 years old.  Bogosian's problem this season?  Byfuglien and Enstrom are getting almost all of the power play time, so Bogosian's numbers have fallen precipitously.  I wonder if Chiarelli has explored giving up the 2011 #1 pick the B's got from Toronto in the Kessel deal for Bogosian?  The 2011 draft pool is reportedly relatively weak, so I doubt B's could do better than Bogosian.  Thrashers coach Craig Ramsey knows B's personnel, maybe something could be worked out.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]
    I like him as a player so if he could fit cap-wise that would be great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Bodosian's in the 3rd year of his entry-level contract @ $875,000 per year, will be an RFA this spring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bruins country,
    I would love to see it, but I cant see atl making that trade..this year is still supposed to be a down draft, so unless they cna get larssons, they can't replace bogosian with a top 5 pick.  I'd rather see us take a shot at Johnson, or Johnson as well, but same dilemna..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect?:
    [QUOTE]Everyone knows B's lack a good offensive defenseman.  A #1 Pick of Atlanta in 2008 draft, Bogosian has good offensive skills and size and is only 20 years old.  Bogosian's problem this season?  Byfuglien and Enstrom are getting almost all of the power play time, so Bogosian's numbers have fallen precipitously.  I wonder if Chiarelli has explored giving up the 2011 #1 pick the B's got from Toronto in the Kessel deal for Bogosian?  The 2011 draft pool is reportedly relatively weak, so I doubt B's could do better than Bogosian.  Thrashers coach Craig Ramsey knows B's personnel, maybe something could be worked out.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Right now I would not trade Toronto's 1st pick period!  It could be the first pick overall, who knows.  The Bs first pick ok. Atlanta's play is stellar presently, but, in a few months some of those players like Byfuglein may fall from grace.  Me thinks Atlanta will stay the course.  On a purely speculative point, Bogosian would be an excellent pick up.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's the thing for a team like Atlanta they need to hold onto young players that they have RFA rights too. Small market teams can't afford to let go of players like this although I wouldn't mind having a player like Bogosian. Certainly a great thought BC!

The way that Toronto has been playing as of late Chiarelli has to have a smile from ear to ear just thinking about what he can do with four picks in the 1st two rounds, one of them being the grand daddy, this summer especially if Shea Weber balks at contract extension offers from Nashville.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Drew Doughty is the only defenseman in the league who when their name is mentioned with Ray Bourques I don't wince. There is no way in hell Doughty is being traded, that just plain insane.

Bogosian, meh. I'd rather keep Kamfer and see where he goes. Even with the cap (potentioally going up next year) he's still going to end up with a bigger deal than we can currently afford, and he's not worth a roster player and a #1 pick.

In Response to Re: Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect? : This is the best type of contract for the Bruins to acquire.  Ryder among others are at the end of their deals.  I had picked Doughty over Bogosian.  But you may be right.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Drew Doughty is the only defenseman in the league who when their name is mentioned with Ray Bourques I don't wince. There is no way in hell Doughty is being traded, that just plain insane. Bogosian, meh. I'd rather keep Kamfer and see where he goes. Even with the cap (potentioally going up next year) he's still going to end up with a bigger deal than we can currently afford, and he's not worth a roster player and a #1 pick. In Response to Re: Bogosian for Leafs #1 and a player/prospect? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    After seeing him punch out Subban,I think Bogosian may be worth it on those merits alone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BC you lit up my eyes when I saw Bogosian's name . He's one of my favorites and up and coming stars. A stallion ! My comments might sound bias.
    Not sure Atlanta would do it one on one , TO's 1st pick for Bogosian but as you are saying maybe with another player involved.
    A player like Bogosian if would be in the draft would be a top 3-4 pick,  easily.
    As SanDog was saying Altanta needs to hold to their young players although might have trouble signing the kid in their small market. Trading him might be a solution as they are guaranteed to get a top draft again. One thing for sure Waddel is high on good draft picks.

On another note on the Bruins needs and this PMD; While it's true they need some mobility on defense the Bruins also need another speedy winger (unless there's a Bobby Orr in the making) in todays NHL rarely does a D-man go from end to end on a consistent basis. This is why it's important to have your speedy wingers help in the transition game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Im jsut going on stats here but even his #'s last year are kind of weak 10-18 and -18.  Id rather hold out and hope and pray you win the lotto and get Larsson. Worst that happens you trade down and get a 10th pick dman or somethign.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Larsson won't be the #1 pick. That honor will go to Sean Couturier. Ryan Murphy is a better offensive d-man, imo, than Larsson is. Larsson is kind of like Gormley, in the fact that he does everything well, but not elite. If the B's get the #1 pick they'd be pretty stupid not to select Couturier. If they do want Larsson, and end up with the 1st selection, they could play it close to the vest and end up receiving 2 25+ goal wingers and/or prospects in exchange for the #1 pick, and still be in the top 5 where they can select the player they really want, if in fact they want Adam.

Heck, I don't think Larsson will even go top 2. He hasn't been playing well as of late, and I think either Nugent-Hopkins or Landeskog will be taken at #2. Then again, it all depends on the team's needs.

I agree, however, that we hold onto the pick. It looks like it will be a top 5 pick (in the 3-5 range). This draft is very weak, but we will still be able to get one of the prime 5 of Couturier, Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog or Murphy. Saad would not be a bad option if we drop to #6 either. If we drop beyond that, then I hope PC will try and deal it off for some assets, and hope that some GM will give him something worthwhile. After the top 5-6, there is a big drop off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]That's the thing for a team like Atlanta they need to hold onto young players that they have RFA rights too. Small market teams can't afford to let go of players like this although I wouldn't mind having a player like Bogosian. Certainly a great thought BC! The way that Toronto has been playing as of late Chiarelli has to have a smile from ear to ear just thinking about what he can do with four picks in the 1st two rounds, one of them being the grand daddy, this summer especially if Shea Weber balks at contract extension offers from Nashville.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I am also smiling like a butchers dog Sandog. One of my buddies, who is a DIEHARD Leaf fan, is sick to his stomach right now at the thought of the Bruins having a shot at a lottery pick. We just need Jersey to get on roll!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bangbleeder..
    Doughty's pretty much untouchable at this point.. Like I said he may be the only current active NHL Dman (who is not well past his prime) with a legit shot at the HOF when things roll out.. Its a pretty big projection, but he is top 2-3 right now at 21..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE] Like I said he may be the only current active NHL Dman (who is not well past his prime) with a legit shot at the HOF when things roll out..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about. Doughty is good, but as a shoe-in for the hall of fame? First of all, he's played a grand total of two seasons, won exactly zero Norris trophies, was -5 in his only 6 games of playoff experience. I mean, look at people that haven't  gotten in that have had some amazing early seasons (Pavel Bure, Eric Lindros, Oates, I could go on and on)

Bure:  Five-time 50-goal scorer, two-time 60-goal scorer, three-time goal-scoring champion

BTW: none of these guys are past their prime and all have a better shot at the moment than doughty:
    Chara (did you not notice him playing for your home team?)
    Nicklas Lidstrom (playing better than ever)
    Chris Pronger

Even duncan keith has a better "shot" at the moment, but he is equally inexperienced relative to what you need for the HOF--at least he has some hardware.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

ATL. would not do that, they would trade Hainsey but who wants that contract

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

mancrush or wetdream here.
    seriously would ATL take a 1st rounder pick ???
    actually they wud.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Olsonic..
    you really want to be that thick headed..There are no current defensemen in their primes  who will be in the hall of fame.. Chara at the tale end of his is indeed the best, which is what i said..

Of the next crop of guys, doughty is clearly the stud, 2 full and impactful seasons under his belt at the age of 20, was a norris finalist last season and easily could have won it..

That to me suggest if he can continue to improve he has a shot, I dont know that that can be said of anyone else right now defensively, he is the one who is showing the most potential..

I didnt call him a sure fire hall of famer, but the best of the next crop and the only 1 i have seen so far who might even suggest that, but if you get 1 d man to build a team around for the next 15 years he is probably the guy everyone takes...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Olsonic.. you really want to be that thick headed..There are no current defensemen in their primes  who will be in the hall of fame.. Chara at the tale end of his is indeed the best, which is what i said.. Of the next crop of guys, doughty is clearly the stud, 2 full and impactful seasons under his belt at the age of 20, was a norris finalist last season and easily could have won it.. That to me suggest if he can continue to improve he has a shot, I dont know that that can be said of anyone else right now defensively, he is the one who is showing the most potential.. I didnt call him a sure fire hall of famer, but the best of the next crop and the only 1 i have seen so far who might even suggest that, but if you get 1 d man to build a team around for the next 15 years he is probably the guy everyone takes...
    It's hard to say he's better than Keith right now.The Norris trophy should,at the very least,tip the scales.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]Olsonic.. you really want to be that thick headed..There are no current defensemen in their primes  who will be in the hall of fame.. Chara at the tale end of his is indeed the best, which is what i said.. Of the next crop of guys, doughty is clearly the stud, 2 full and impactful seasons under his belt at the age of 20, was a norris finalist last season and easily could have won it.. That to me suggest if he can continue to improve he has a shot, I dont know that that can be said of anyone else right now defensively, he is the one who is showing the most potential.. I didnt call him a sure fire hall of famer, but the best of the next crop and the only 1 i have seen so far who might even suggest that, but if you get 1 d man to build a team around for the next 15 years he is probably the guy everyone takes...

fair enough

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, If TT has so much problem picking up his shot. Let's go after Enstrom.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ok...alt/st.louis and la all want to trade their good young dmen to us.  why would we be so fortunate?  my guess is we land Kaberle at best and more likely a guy like foster or maybe jovocop. 

Wisnewski would have been perfect...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jovo would be a huge upgrade and essentially becomes our 2nd best dman.  Foster isn't great but is a huge PP guy with his shot.  He and Chara launching from either side would also be a nice addition.  Anyone is better than Ference. 
    And just to clarify I didnt mean trade top(1st rounders) for these guys.

But I agree.  Unless we land a top notch (top 4) dman we are better off sitting tight.  I still see Kaberle here though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Kaberle for Wheeler and Stuart might trip Burke's trigger, but I'd prefer trading youth-for-youth to solve the PMD question less expensively and longer term...which brings me back to Bogosian.

Apologies for resurrecting this older (late Dec., 2010) Bogosian thread, but I thought some of the comments might be worth looking at again in light of current rumors.