Bold Move: NSH - BOS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Bold Move: NSH - BOS

I think Wilson has been somewhat of a dissapontment so far. Loved watching him at BU, but he's had a tough time getting it going. Havent seen a whole lot of him, there would have to be very little hockey on for me to watch a Preds game, anyone keeping tabs on him? Forsberg looked good in the WJC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I don't mean this detrimentally:

Superj2k10, you spend far too much time thinking up trade possibilities. And for other teams besides the Bruins. If you are still in school, read a few more books - you'll be better off in the end.

Enlighten us with something other than trades.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Superj2k10, you spend far too much time thinking up trade possibilities. And for other teams besides the Bruins. If you are still in school, read a few more books - you'll be better off in the end.

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, not much thinking involved. Furthermore, I did not get the memo that making trade-proposal specific threads classifies ones-self as one who lacks the ability to "enlighten" others.

This is not a philosophy class. I am not here to "enlighten" anyone, what is there to teach? 

This is a sports forum, where you share ideas, opinions, and insight on sports-related topics. Looks here like you're the one that needs to hit the books. Try checking the Astrology or Quantum-Physics isle at the library. Bet you will find plenty on enlightenment there.

I hope i was able to...you know...enlighten you.

Thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, not much thinking involved. Furthermore, I did not get the memo that making trade-proposal specific threads classifies ones-self as one who lacks the ability to "enlighten" others.

This is not a philosophy class. I am not here to "enlighten" anyone, what is there to teach? 

This is a sports forum, where you share ideas, opinions, and insight on sports-related topics. Looks here like you're the one that needs to hit the books. Try checking the Astrology or Quantum-Physics isle at the library. Bet you will find plenty on enlightenment there.

Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about Don...He actually thinks he's running the mob! Your trade props are fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Interesting proposal.  Don't think it makes much long-term sense for the B's though. 

Seidenberg is not dead, he will be back next year and is signed through 2017-18. 

Hamilton and Krug are emerging talents.

Krejci is your #1 center and playoff stud.

Eriksson would be a sell-low scenario, big things are expected from him.

Weber would look great in a B's uniform, but it's too big and too risky given the core is still so strong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're a wiseguy, too, ahh?

Sorry, but you wouldn't be able to enlighten me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, it's darker than the Marianas Trench in there. That would take a lot of enlightening, more than superj (or the entirety of the library of Congress)could pull off.

Sorry wheats, but are you really going to leave an easy dig just lying there like that? Way too tempting not to take.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

SuperjY2K+10

KEEP POSTING.  INTERESTING POSTS ON NHL PLAYERS.  I HAVE NO TIME TO PLAY POOLS, MY DAUGHTER LOVES EM.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I have a few major problems with this. first and foremost, you're basically blowing up the core of a pretty successful team. I wouldn't do that just yet. The biggest problem I have is I don't think Nashville is of the opinion that they're cup window is open and that they'll be serious contenders for the next 3-4 years. They are currently 11th in the playoff structure in the west. I don't think they're about to "go all in" so to speak. Having said that, I think they will trade Shea Weber, but I don't think it will be to win now, I think it will be for futures, and I think it will be a year or two down the road. Lastly, I think there is a very good chance Shea Weber becomes a bruin. 

Here is my thinking:

The Pred's will try to unload their high priced talent the off season after next (so after the 14-15 season) These assets are:

1. Shea Weber

2. Pekka Rinne 

3. Mike Fisher

4. David Legwand

Fisher is tricky, because he might always take a discount to stay closer to the misses, and who could blame him, but the rest will go, and by that i mean they will move weber and rinne for packages of young assets, and draft picks in order to build the team around jones, and whatever other good young players emerge through the system. They'll mainly be looking for a young goaltender, young top end talent (and by young i mean guys who's contract's they'll be able to control for a while), some second level young d men, and picks. I think that Nashville values draft picks more than most organizations. They are good at identifying what they want in a player at an early age. The first order of business when Chiarelli got to Boston (actually before he got to Boston but let's not get into that) was acquire an elite number 1 d man. I think that the Bruins think you need three things above all else to win a stanley cup: goaltending, depth at center, and a number one d man. Disagree if you like, but that's what I've observed. I've also observed that every team to win the cup since the lockout with possibly the exception of the penguins have pretty much followed that formula. I am also a real believer in Malcolm Subban. I think he would be the main asset Nashville would want in the off season of 2015. 

Subban -  one of Khokhlachev/Spooner/any other center prospect that looks good - one of Krug/Bartkowski/any second level younger d. 1st round pick in 15, 1st round pick in 16

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

IS THAT BETTER

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What?

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's darker than the Marianas Trench in there. That would take a lot of enlightening, more than superj (or the entirety of the library of Congress)could pull off.

Sorry wheats, but are you really going to leave an easy dig just lying there like that? Way too tempting not to take.

[/QUOTE]

Sure Red, take all the shots you want. Anyone else? No problem.

Discussing trade stuff is all baloney.

In this day and age too many variables factor in to make a deal. It's not a matter of this guy and that guy for those three anymore.

It's no longer value for value. Cap space, years left on contract. Impeding UFA or RFA and more factor into the equation.

Most trades today do not make sense on a player(s) for player(s) level. Trying to propose a trade is akin to selecting numbers for the lottery. Stick to the lottery, at least you have a chance of hitting the jackpot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure Red, take all the shots you want. Anyone else? No problem.

Discussing trade stuff is all baloney.

In this day and age too many variables factor in to make a deal. It's not a matter of this guy and that guy for those three anymore.

It's no longer value for value. Cap space, years left on contract. Impeding UFA or RFA and more factor into the equation.

Most trades today do not make sense on a player(s) for player(s) level. Trying to propose a trade is akin to selecting numbers for the lottery. Stick to the lottery, at least you have a chance of hitting the jackpot.

[/QUOTE]

shouldn't that make it more interesting to discuss mr. debbie downer?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

Both teams are struggling in particular departments. NSH has had a tough time scoring this year and notoriously have relied on strong goaltending and structured defense to get by. Obviously, a one-dimensional philosophy gets you only so far.

NSH has been looking for a top-line center and some scoring punch on the wing. The trade with WSH which nabbed them Filip Forseberg for Erat was a no brainer but NSH wants to win now while creating a window to contend for the CUP for the next 3-4 years.

BOS has obviously tried to focus on  building a dynamic backend the last few years. Whether its through trades (Krug / Barkowski) or draft (Hamilton). Although players like McQuaid and Boychuck have been solid defensemen the Bruins have struggled to establish a true 3-4 combination. With the lost of Seidenberg that weakness has been exploited. Guys like Miller, Trotman may turn out to be decent 5/6 guys but are clearly not the answer.

They say opposites attract and in this case NSH and BOS make perfect dance partners for a possible Blockbuster "Hockey Deal".

BOS sends: Krejci+Eriksson+Bartkowski+1st

NSH sends: Weber+Wilson+Forseberg

To most BOS fans, this may seem like a steep price to pay. Please keep in mind you are getting a top 3 defencemen in the entire league. One, who  i believe is only second to Chara. In reality, i cannot say the same for Krejci. Hes a good centermen and lights out in the playoffs but i would not put him as a top 3 guy at his position, not even top 10. He has a history of inconsistency and gets into long pointless spells throughout the season. Believe me, this is not the reason I would trade Krejci as he has a lot of intangibles as well. 

In addition to Weber, you get CT native Wilson who is a big body and generally a plus player. He can solidify the third line center position with Kelly and Soderberg. In the loss of Eriksson, you get a promising top six scoring forward prospect in Forseberg who is also a big body.

This will be a tough deal to make under any circumstance but you need to give in order to get.

Just thought i throw this one out there!

[/QUOTE]

If I am in PC's office as much as I like David Krejci ....I'd make that trade right now

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Talent for talent the trade is OK, and it might be good.  But the Bruins can't move Krejci right now.  You NEED a 1-2 punch at center to win in the playoffs.  In the playoffs, Krejci has proven to be an elite scoring center who is solid both ways.  He's a major factor in beating teams like Pittsburgh, and if Boston was hoping for something to come out of Wilson or Spooner or whoever to give a true second line threat... that would be asking a lot.

While Bergeron is one of the best players in the game, Krejci's skill set on the Bruins is unique.  The only other player with his knack for playmaking is Smith, and he's neither a center nor very proven at this stage.  A lot of plays move through DK and when he's out (or not playing well) the team looks slow like it's skating in quicksand.  Can't move him if they want to contend this year.