Bon Jovi Gets Banner In ACC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Bon Jovi Gets Banner In ACC

When you hockey team hasn't won a Cup since '67 I guess this is what happens - and from the franchise whose CEO suggested a while ago that pics of Leaf legends be removed.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2013/10/23/bon_jovi_gets_permanent_banner_inside_air_canada_centre.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Bon Jovi Gets Banner In ACC

Its only fitting as the Leafs Cup hopes have been "Livin' on a prayer" for quite some time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Why is an NJ band getting a place of honour in TO?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What the holy heck?!?!

Nice one 50!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why is an NJ band getting a place of honour in TO?

[/QUOTE]

They sold out five nights in a row, the only band to do so.  I was thinking about this earlier.  The building is there because of the fans.  Let's take Boston for example.  Yes, clearly tons of people are Bruins and Celtics fans, but tons (<--- correct spelling) are also fans of different music acts that play in town and sell out all the time.

How many times has Springsteen sold out in Boston?  How many times has U2 sold out in Boston?  For how many years?  How many generations?  Lots of fans will identify more with Bruce Springsteen when the walk into the building than Dit Clapper. 

The building isn't the "Boston Bruins Garden" or the "Boston Celtics Garden".  I think it might be pretty cool to have banners hanging in the building for the top acts in history along with the month/year of the concerts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They sold out five nights in a row, the only band to do so.  I was thinking about this earlier.  The building is there because of the fans.  Let's take Boston for example.  Yes, clearly tons of people are Bruins and Celtics fans, but tons (<--- correct spelling) are also fans of different music acts that play in town and sell out all the time.

How many times has Springsteen sold out in Boston?  How many times has U2 sold out in Boston?  For how many years?  How many generations?  Lots of fans will identify more with Bruce Springsteen when the walk into the building than Dit Clapper. 

The building isn't the "Boston Bruins Garden" or the "Boston Celtics Garden".  I think it might be pretty cool to have banners hanging in the building for the top acts in history along with the month/year of the concerts.

[/QUOTE]

When a band sells out a place 40+ times over the course of 9 months like sports teams do, then yes. else the place belongs to the full time tenants who ever they are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Bon Jovi has sold over 600,000 tickets at the ACC, and has the largest panty collection this side of Tom Jones. He is the all time chick magnet. I know that sounds creepy, but the guy is very popular with older, middle aged women, especially Italian decent. And as anyone knows that lives in Toronto, there is a huge Italian population here. 

For the Leafs fans, MLSE means Maple Leaf Sport and ENTERTAINMENT.