Boris Valabik

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Re: Boris Valabik

In Response to Re: Boris Valabik:
    [QUOTE]I'm certain of one thing. This guy needs a nickname. If Chara is big Z, maybe he can be big B?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I like "Big V" more, just because Z and V are cool letters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

He is only 25 ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

@Mattttttt and Badhab

Its def gotta be Baby Z or Mini Chara or something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What about Big Vally?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boris Valabik : All of that is very interesting.  He was a third round pick.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Marchand was a prolific scorer in Junior. The only reasaon he went in the 3rd round was due to his size. This is a common occurance, fair or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]What about Big Vally?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    Great nickname.You're good at this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boris Valabik : Yeah, he was so highly rated that he was taken 71st overall. Anyone who says they expected this sort of production from him is lucky or a liar.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Or maybe, just maybe, they might even know something about hockey.

If not, I must be a liar because I have never been lucky.

Watching him thru Junior and winning 2Gold medals for Canada 07and in 08. He scored in both of these Gold medal winning games,not sure how many have done this, he sure looked like a player to me that could make it to the dance, just to me.  Watching him here with Cj and Sob last year was just painful, he finally got off the 4th line before he became a career plugger like the B's turned Whitfield into 10 years earlier.

Below are players he played with on his gold medal teams, I bet they know who he is and never had a doubt he could be a player. Note, not all these guys are 1st rounders.
    In 2007 13 are 1st, 3are 2nd, 4 are 3rd, 1is a 4th and 1 a 5th.
    In 2008 12 are 1st, 6 are 2nd, 2 are 3rd, 1 is a 4th and 1 a 7th.

2007 Roster
    Goaltenders
    Player - Pro Status
    Leland Irving - CGY 06(1,26)    Carey Price - MTL 05(1,5)
    Defence
    Player - Pro Status
    Karl Alzner -
    WAS ’07 (1, 5)       Luc Bourdon - VAN 05(1,10)
    Cody Franson -NSH 05(3,79)   Kris Letang - PIT 05 (3,62)
    Ryan Parent -NSH 05(1,18)     Kris Russell - CBJ 2005 (3,67)
    *Marc Staal - NYR 2005 (1,12)
    Forwards
    Player - Pro Status
    Daniel Bertram - CHI 2005 (2,54) Marc-Andre Cliche - NYR 2005(2,56)
    Andrew Cogliano - EDM 05(1,25)  Steve Downie - PHI 2005 (1,29)
    Sam Gagner - NHL 07(1,6)          Darren Helm - DET 2005 (5,132)
    Bryan Little -ATL 06(1,12)          Brad Marchand - 
    BOS '06 (3, 71)
    Kenndal McArdle -05(1,20)         James Neal - DAL 2005 (2,33)
    Ryan O'Marra -NYI 05(1,15)        Tom Pyatt -NYR 05 (4,107)
    Jonathan Toews -CHI 2006
    (1,3)

2008 WJC CANADA

Goalies

>Jonathan Bernier  LA '06 (1, 11)        Steve Mason   CBJ '06 (3, 69)

D
    efence
    >Josh Godfrey             WAS ’07 (2, 34)         Logan Pyett                DET 06 (7,212)

Thomas Hickey           LA ’07 (1, 4)               Drew Doughty          LA '08 (1, 2)
    Luke Schenn               TOR 08 (1,5)               PK Subban              MTL '07 (2, 43)

Karl Alzner                 WAS ’07 (1, 5)

Forwards

Stefan Legein              CBJ ’07 (2, 37)           Steven Stamkos          TB '08 (1, 1)

Zach Boychuk             CAR '08 (1, 14)          Brandon Sutter           Car 07 (1,11)

Brad Marchand           BOS '06 (3, 71)           Colton Gillies              MIN 97 (1,16)

Kyle Turris                  Pho 07 (1,3)                John Tavares               NYI '09 (1, 1)

Riley Holzapfel           ATL '06 (2, 43)        Shawn Matthias      FLA/DET ’06 (2, 47)

Claude Giroux            PHI '06 (1, 22)           Matthew Halischuk     NJ ’07 (4, 117)

Wayne Simmonds       LA ’07 (2, 61)

Some well kinown names on this list, he has some good company.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

How about instead of Boris the bad guy call him Bullwinkle the moose from Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Bullwinkle is better than just calling him a moose that he is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nickname?  "What ever happened to..."  As in Boris "What ever happened to" Valabic.

As for Marchand, let's not forget the other reason he dropped in the standings - he fell afoul of more than one big name coach.  Not Khabanov-style, but Brent Sutter sat him for an undisclosed indiscretion.  What I saw and heard made me wonder if maybe he liked his pops too much. 

Watching him as a junior, playing with the best juniors, it was clear he had enough talent to play at the highest levels, but it was decidedly unclear if he'd do the work to make that talent pay.  He was a perfect 3rd round gamble.  If he goes the way of Shayne Stevenson, oh well.  Third rounder.  But if he puts it together?  Player.

I'm interested to see what happens with Arniel now.  Similar players in a lot of ways.  Imagine if he follows the Marchand path and the Bruins have bookends that play the way Marchand has played this year?