Boston Globe forum projections of 2011-2012 ( please add)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Boston Globe forum projections of 2011-2012 ( please add)

Thought we could have a little fun before the puck drop tomorrow night. Projections for the forum this year. Feel free to add since I know I left out some of the routine guys/ and the odd girl on here. Cheers everyone!

NAS- Can the wily vet put up another standout season? Hits hard and usually takes on all comers. But, let’s be honest folks, he’s not getting any younger. If camp is any indicator it will be a down year for this soon to be over-the-hill gamble. Supposed leader in the locker room but has a hard time following his 100 post rule. Will be interesting as well if he continues to turn into what he hates most as he grows older (skating clown). He is a true curmudgeon.

Red- This Power Forward is stuck between a rock and a Stanley Cup champion. Will she continue to cheer for the Bruins even though her team is back in the Peg? Will be interesting to see how she gets along with the rest of the board. How long before she abandons the duck boat for the sinking ship?

Shuperman-  The true skating clown of the Boston Globe forum. Will fight all comers, only if they accept to it. If they don’t he will respectively back down and await another opportunity. Gives you good minutes and you don’t feel bad playing him. Good veteran presence.

Dez- This poster isn’t known to back down from a fight. Somewhat insightful, somewhat loony, but always producing. Solid.

Kelv- Dump him. Another year older/wiser and still dreams about bedding Carey Price.

Callod- The necessary pest. Produces while ticking off everyone around him. Teammates stand him only because they wear the same colors. Everyone else hates him. Will fight all comers. Steady point producer. Keep him until his act runs stale. Plus, he was rookie of the year last year so that's something.

Stanley- What can be written of this space cadet? Well, after 1290371123 attempts he finally got  a prediction right so you have to ride the hot hand. Predicts a dynasty so why not keep him. Stan is also a great guy in the locker room.

Nite- Pick him up. Beats out Kelv this year. Wittier, brasher, and doesn’t look for friends. He is a banger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Boston Globe forum projections of 2011-2012 ( please add)

San "woof woof" Dog- Usually goes toe to toe with Shuperman.  Solid, hard working veteran who doesnt rest on his past performance.  Solid all around player.

Book- Skilled beyond this league.  Sometimes he is the datsyuk of this league.  he takes the puck and doesnt give it back.  Outstanding understanding of the game and is a level head at all times even after a callo speed bag.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BsL- the Mr. Positive Vibe guy.  The glue.  The anchor.  When times are tough BsL always comes through.  Night in night out.  Trolls, regulars, newbies, dusty bones.  every team needs and wants a BsL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Boston Globe forum projections of 2011-2012 ( please add):
    [QUOTE]Thought we could have a little fun before the puck drop tomorrow night. Projections for the forum this year. Feel free to add since I know I left out some of the routine guys/ and the odd girl on here. Cheers everyone! NAS- Can the wily vet put up another standout season? Hits hard and usually takes on all comers. But, let’s be honest folks, he’s not getting any younger. If camp is any indicator it will be a down year for this soon to be over-the-hill gamble. Supposed leader in the locker room but has a hard time following his 100 post rule. Will be interesting as well if he continues to turn into what he hates most as he grows older (skating clown). He is a true curmudgeon. Red- This Power Forward is stuck between a rock and a Stanley Cup champion. Will she continue to cheer for the Bruins even though her team is back in the Peg? Will be interesting to see how she gets along with the rest of the board. How long before she abandons the duck boat for the sinking ship? Shuperman-   The true skating clown of the Boston Globe forum. Will fight all comers, only if they accept to it. If they don’t he will respectively back down and await another opportunity. Gives you good minutes and you don’t feel bad playing him. Good veteran presence. Dez- This poster isn’t known to back down from a fight. Somewhat insightful, somewhat loony, but always producing. Solid. Kelv- Dump him. Another year older/wiser and still dreams about bedding Carey Price. Callod- The necessary pest. Produces while ticking off everyone around him. Teammates stand him only because they wear the same colors. Everyone else hates him. Will fight all comers. Steady point producer. Keep him until his act runs stale. Plus, he was rookie of the year last year so that's something. Stanley- What can be written of this space cadet? Well, after 1290371123 attempts he finally got   a prediction right so you have to ride the hot hand. Predicts a dynasty so why not keep him. Stan is also a great guy in the locker room. Nite- Pick him up. Beats out Kelv this year. Wittier, brasher, and doesn’t look for friends. He is a banger.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! This is freakin Hilarious!!!!! Thx Call

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch-  ahhh Mr. Fletch.  The Brendan Shannahan of the league.  Skilled power fwd who fights it outs with the heavies and can pop a snipe top cheese with his eyes closed. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Globe forum projections of 2011-2012 ( please add):
    [QUOTE]Fletch-  ahhh Mr. Fletch.  The Brendan Shannahan of the league.  Skilled power fwd who fights it outs with the heavies and can pop a snipe top cheese with his eyes closed. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

DAMMIT SHUPE!! I was gonna say Fletch! Don't you a radar gun to calibrate, or something! Freakin name stealer!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bogie- Sleeper player but soft hands.  doesnt get his nose dirty despite his obvious hockey knowledge.  Could be the Penner award winner. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bigvig- another dance partner of the mighty shupe.  bigvig goes hard and rarely stays home.  he is a willing glove dropper and is also a high hockey IQ guy.  You want him come playoff time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Cactus- Matt Cooke. Don't look at him. Don't acknowledge he is even playing. Should be banned from the forum but is allowed here for some reason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]bigvig- another dance partner of the mighty shupe.  bigvig goes hard and rarely stays home.  he is a willing glove dropper and is also a high hockey IQ guy.  You want him come playoff time. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Plus he's a Native and they love to drop the mits.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

LUCICMilan- came across as a blow hard.  isnt the brightest guy.  but has developed his game and picks his spots.  passionate about the game and is hard not to like.  Unless he is challenging Dez to a fist fight.  I personally loved that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Cactus- Matt Cooke. Don't look at him. Don't acknowledge he is even playing. Should be banned from the forum but is allowed here for some reason.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

PBergeron37 or Dkrecji46- left unprotected, because he takes too many foolish penalties. Especially when he took 32 minutes alone for arguing an offside call!!

Sorry had to be said!!Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk- another solid up and down winger who chips in a timely goal and isnt shy to dip into the corners. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

BadHab, the best to have around when visiting a bar with a blocked view of the Bs on the bar HD screen!  Probably the best at witty comebacks.  Duinne, wish you were here!  Book is the best read, although some times it is a semantic DOA. Chowda on the Canadian leagues is the most knowlegeable. Dez is plain fun to read, agreed does not back down, a hockey player.  OatesCam is rookie of the year.  TTBI is the curmedgeon btw! SanDog is the best imo!  NAS is the living a perception, an image, but he does know hockey. The best discourse is a thread with Sandog, Book, Dez, Chowda, CamOates, BsLegion, and other long term posters who I cannot think of, oh yes occasionally NAS when he decides to actually write. Cheers!  I need to take a vacation from this all though!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]BadHab, the best to have around when visiting a bar with a blocked view of the Bs on the bar HD screen!  Probably the best at witty comebacks.  Duinne, wish you were here!  Book is the best read, although some times it is a semantic DOA. Chowda on the Canadian leagues is the most knowlegeable. Dez is plain fun to read, agreed does not back down, a hockey player.  OatesCam is rookie of the year.  TTBI is the curmedgeon btw! SanDog is the best imo!  NAS is the living a perception, an image, but he does know hockey. The best discourse is a thread with Sandog, Book, Dez, Chowda, CamOates, BsLegion, and other long term posters who I cannot think of, oh yes occasionally NAS when he decides to actually write. Cheers!  I need to take a vacation from this all though!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    OatesCam rookie of the year? I hope you mean this year. I took the honors last year. I'll fight about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Pauly is Ogie Oglethorpe. Shows up once in a blue moon and cracks heads while bringing solid theory to his arguments. Came up with best zinger of year when he called Shupe a purse-poodle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

lucaoo - Put on waivers and goes unclaimed. Sticks in Reading, to corrupt your up and coming players. A cancer in the dressing room.

PS - Call, an absolutely brilliant post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Roler is Pat Verbeek. Above average scorer that was tenacious in pursuit of the puck. Excels in the dirty areas but is also prone to snap.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I get dumped along with a one sentence scouting report??? Ouch.

I'm going to haunt your dreams at night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This is one of the most entertaining threads I have seen on this board hahaha

I would like to think if this was a real hockey team I would be at least mentioned as a great teamate who will have anyones back at the blink of an eye reguardles of the situation. Maybe I can make the 4th line or the black aces at least.

kev and soxfanfromillinois are my picks for the goalies not sure who the number one would be guess it will be decided in the first 20 games of the season.

Dez Call and Shupe would have to be on a line together as well not even cj would dare mess with that lines chemistry

Not sure about the rest of the lines and D pairings or who gets the C and wich 2 get the A's.

Stanley is definatly the locker room glue guy always giving off positive vibes and encouraging words when the chips are down

BIGVIG is the clear enforcer on this team in my opinion. Heck hes in the town here in maine next to mine so you know hes a tough hombre!

NAS would get my vote to wear the C i think. Weather or not you agree or disagree with him he is a no nonsense non fluff poster. Maybe the eddie shore of our board haha?

I will come up with a full roster later right now trying to get some z's before banner night wich is now less than 24 hours

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tackle2112. Show tackle2112's posts

didn t have the Globe a story of Bands Of Brothers by Mr. Jake Seiner the other nite ? ... well, this thread is the true Prequel to that story.

Wonderful call19 ... will save this thread for life ... greeting from germany

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

#4Goat is our John Wensink. Maybe not the toughest player on the team but willing to challenge the bench if circumstances dictate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okay, I slept on it....I provide stability here, give it my best even though I'm unorthadox. I took on and shut down the Thelma & Louise of this Board (CactusTony & CactusTonyo) and yet people are still hesitant to give me the nod over Nite and SoxFan......I am the Tim Thomas of this board..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yeesh i feel like im Soderberg over here. Haha kidding.

ILH: I think Ill be more like a young DK, comes in facilitates some big time scores but stays out of the Corners and Dirty work. A few fancy dangles but not heard from every day.

New Job, Life changes not as much time anymore its great talking to you guys and I love to read the threads even if I dont have time to comment as frequently or objectively as I would like to. Im looking forward to another awesome year on here. Go B's Have a great season everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think N.A.S. is the Brad Marchand of this board.  Agitating but gets the job done.