Boston Pizza franchises change their name to Vancouver Pizza for Stanley Cup Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Boston Pizza franchises change their name to Vancouver Pizza for Stanley Cup Finals

Are you kidding me? I live in St.Catharines Ontario & am a regular at the local Boston Pizza. I have watched most of the Bruins playoff games there. They have decided to cross out the Boston name & replace it with Vancouver for the duration of the finals. This is pathetic but will not stop me from going there to watch the finals. I know I will be outnumbered but it won't stop me from being loud & proud starting tonight. This will likely lead to me getting in heated disputes with Canucks fans or just plain "Canadian" fans as I am not one to hide my emotions. Although this whole Vancouver slogan pisses me off, I'm ready & say bring it. Let's go B's!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Boston Pizza franchises change their name to Vancouver Pizza for Stanley Cup Finals

They serving Victory Fries, too?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Boston Pizza franchises change their name to Vancouver Pizza for Stanley Cup Finals

Boston Pizza locations in Quebec changed their name to "Montreal Pizza" for the BOS/MON 1st Round series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Stupidist thing I ever heard.
    What will head office say?
    But then again that sort of reaction tells me there's a lot of desperately stupid people out there who feel they have to do desperately stupid things to show their support because they know the Bruins are out to whip some butts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Should we call 911? Should we flood them with complaints so they take the signs down? Or should we just say let them have their fun?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

It's all good natured fun, let it go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Spot on, Loge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Pizza franchises change their name to Vancouver Pizza for Stanley Cup Finals:
    [QUOTE]Boston Pizza locations in Quebec changed their name to "Montreal Pizza" for the BOS/MON 1st Round series.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I know. How cheesy is that copying what the Habs did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Pizza franchises change their name to Vancouver Pizza for Stanley Cup Finals:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston Pizza franchises change their name to Vancouver Pizza for Stanley Cup Finals : I know. How cheesy is that copying what the Habs did.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Only its less cheesy because their all the same Corp.

W/E Boston is a cool enough city to have restuarants named after them. You dont see any restuarants named "Montreal Dive Steak" or "Vancouver Whale Meat" around boston so I say its a wash.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

They have a Boston Pizza here in Grand Rapids, MI and it is horrible. Please change the name permanently! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

As a lifelong MA resident, I'm still trying to figure out what "Boston" pizza is.  I get NY pizza and Chicago pizza, but Boston???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hmmmm...  and the reason why "Boston" - because the sports teams were good!

When Greek immigrant Gus Agioritis arrived in Vancouver, Canada, in 1958, he had little more to his name than the clothes he was wearing and less than $50 in cash. In 1964, after several years spent working in a variety of jobs, he opened the Boston Pizza and Spaghetti House in Edmonton. Agioritis had never visited Boston, but, he explained later, he chose to name his restaurant after the American city because he thought the fame and popularity of two sports teams at the time (the Boston Bruins and the Boston Red Sox) would make his establishment stand out to customers. Long after the Boston Pizza name outgrew its original location, Agioritis was quoted in Maclean's describing his early business as "a Canadian company with an American name operated by Greeks serving Italian food." Within four years of opening his restaurant, Agioritis began franchising the name and concept to friends and family members. From a single family-operated business in Edmonton, the Boston Pizza name began to spread throughout Alberta and British Columbia and would soon be found in 17 locations in western Canada, most of which were franchised.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That's pretty funny, BadHab.  Sounds like a good reason to me!

Incidentally, this isn't just a local Vancouver location  thing: http://www.bostonpizza.com/en/Default.aspx

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Boston Pizza's head office is actually located about 6 miles from my house, in Richmond, BC (home of the 2010 Olympic speedskating oval).  They're just having fun with the whole name thing. It looks like bandwagon-jumping, but BP has been a Canucks corporate partner for years. It always seemed strange to me that a Canadian company was called "Boston Pizza", but there you have it.