Bourque48 out ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bourque48 out ?

Seems like Bourque out Pandolfo and Thornton back in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Bourque48 out ?

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Get used to it BsL. Paille changes the whole dynamic of the 3rd line while Bourque is better suited to play top 6 rather than on the 4th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Get used to it BsL. Paille changes the whole dynamic of the 3rd line while Bourque is better suited to play top 6 rather than on the 4th.

Top 6 my azz...maybe in the AHL. Ray's little boy continues to survive on name alone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The only way he gets back in is due to an injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Top 6 my azz...maybe in the AHL. Ray's little boy continues to survive on name alone!

Guys usually play the same role in both leagues. For example, if Thornton or Campbell get sent to the AHL they don't automatically turn into top 6 and PP guys. The same holds true for Bourque. If he plays top 6 and PP in the AHL then it makes little sense trying to make him into a 4th liner in the NHL, especially given his size. Thanks for the tip on Bourque though. Here I was thinking he was awesome this whole time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To be fair, this is just sepculation by Fluto. No one but CJ really knows what the lineup is actually going to be. We can keep our fingers crossed, though.....:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The fact that Pandolfo played really well on the PK and the powerplay scored yesterday twice without Chris Bourque does not bold well for the young budding star.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The fact that Pandolfo played really well on the PK and the powerplay scored yesterday twice without Chris Bourque does not bold well for the young budding star.

that made me laugh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

To be fair, this is just sepculation by Fluto. No one but CJ really knows what the lineup is actually going to be. We can keep our fingers crossed, though.....:)

I was pretty surprised to see Fluto putting this out there without actual confirmation.  It's careless.  Either he knows it and can't officially say it or he's going with the "see I told you" approach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Guys usually play the same role in both leagues. For example, if Thornton or Campbell get sent to the AHL they don't automatically turn into top 6 and PP guys. The same holds true for Bourque. If he plays top 6 and PP in the AHL then it makes little sense trying to make him into a 4th liner in the NHL, especially given his size. Thanks for the tip on Bourque though. Here I was thinking he was awesome this whole time.

I understand your point, but my point is this kid is not an NHL caliber player...period.

Still hoping the B's bring in a true NHL player with the cap space available to remove the kid as an option...there's also talk about them bringing in a vet goalie too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I was pretty surprised to see Fluto putting this out there without actual confirmation.  It's careless.  Either he knows it and can't officially say it or he's going with the "see I told you" approach.

It really is careless. We will find out in a few hours but this was interesting. I am so used to seeing the "regular" lineup posted on the blog that I hardly look at it anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

After the game yesterday, Goucher and Beers were of the opinion that Thornton would be in and Bourque would be out vs. the Canadiens.  They spoke of it as a near certainty.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I'd rather see Pandolfo in STs spot and keep CB on the 3rd...at least in this game against the speedy Habs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Paille has good speed, far superior defensive skills and better chemistry with Kelly and Peverley than Bourque.  Plus he's bigger and stronger on his skates.  Just a better all-around fit on the third line.  Bourque doesn't belong on the fourth line, and isn't good enough to be on one of the top two lines.  So he sits for at least one game.

Julien can try to devlop Bourque into a legitimate NHLer against weaker teams, but I don't have a problem with Bourque watching this one from the press box.  The division/conference lead is on the line against the team's arch rival. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I never though I was going to say that but I would take Pandolfo over Thornton in the line up...Thornton has nothing left in the tank ...well if he does , he does'nt show it ...if he is in the line up and he wants to contribute he has to drop the gloves with Prust ...otherwise...USELESS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

It is a little under-handed. Shinzawa's been beating the drum on Bourque for weeks now. I like to think that it has no effect on Julien's mindset - though it certainly has seemed to get the rock rolling (over Bourque) amongst the fanbase - but he is there everyday, closer than any of us, in Julien's ear.

Either Shinzawa would like to think (as his mentor Dupont certainly did) that he is the flea that can wag the tail that wags the dog. Or (again like Dupont) lacking a true hockey sense, he looks for the easiest targets. When/if Bourque sits out tonight, Fluto can look both like an 'Insider' and like someone with some hockey IQ.   

Though I probably give the guy way too much credit. As far as I can tell, Fluto only likes hockey for the fights...and the food.

I'd keep Bourque in against the speedy, 4 line-rolling Habs - even if he has to play on the 4th line.