Bouwmeester Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Bouwmeester Now

I know people hate these kinda threads, but after the; No-one-can-let-go-of-the-balloon-because-its'-risen-too-high brain-meltingness of the 'PC Presser' thread, I figure folks might be up for a frilly diversion...

Jay Bouwmeester in a Bruins uniform would go a long way to salving the burn that was Jarome Iginla and more importantly would go along way toward giving Pittsburgh more than a little pause everytime they cross the Bruins blueline. I know he's expensive and would cost, but the Bruins can afford it and Chiarelli can do it - and Feaster might just feel like he, ya know, kinda owes him a little something?

The Bruins, if they can't answer the Penguins with firepower should go very big and very tough and very defence-y. The are already, almost there. The Penguins in the Playoffs can become quite mortal, quite another thing, especially when push starts coming to shove - as the Flyers showed them last year.

They don't like people getting in the way of their coronations.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Re: Bouwmeester Now

Jay Boumeester has all the tools but has no clue what to do with them. Given his lack of hockey IQ along with his bloated contract I say pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Plus! The guy's never played in one single Playoff game! Not one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

Overated overpaid no thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Overated overpaid no thanks

Just described Glyders contract in Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Newfiebullet's comment:

Jay Boumeester has all the tools but has no clue what to do with them. Given his lack of hockey IQ along with his bloated contract I say pass.

Given a choice I'll take the guy with the tools and teach him how to use them over a guy who knows how to use tools but has an empty box.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Ah but 'buy the best and cry only once'. The Bruins will get what they pay for in Ryan Whitney; an affordable slow and lazy future healthy scratch . And I'm hearing Ales Hemsky's name linked to the Bruins too; the oft-hurt, oft-floaty human trade rumour. These kinda moves will do nothing to strike fear into the hearts of Penguins, nor - and more importantly - will they strike heart into the hearts of Bruins.

Tough with extreme prejuduce will beat Pittsburgh. Just like it beat Vancouver.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Given a choice I'll take the guy with the tools and teach him how to use them over a guy who knows how to use tools but has an empty box.

if we're talking about a 22 year old, sure. not for jay bo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

You want Jay Bouwmeister?

Why?

Do you know Nathan Horton? Do you see how he's playing lately? That's how Jay Bouwmeister plays on defense. And they are best buddies from their Florida days.

Thanks, but, no thanks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"if we're talking about a 22 year old, sure. not for jay bo"

Bouwmeester is 29, prime time for a defenceman.

Did I mention, he's never played in one single Playoff game? Uh, motivated?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Good player, bad teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if his contract expired after this season, i'd be all for it. alas it does not. acquiring him would mean weakening the forward corps for next season. no thanks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Weaken the forward corps for next season, how? The Bruins couldn't afford to sign Nathan Horton? This would strengthen the defence. A tactical necessity right now. Chara is tired. He needs help. Bouwmeester is a 25 minute-a-night guy and to those here with contrary opinions of his worth, I assure you the pundits don't share it. He is considered by most to be a top-pairing defenceman.

Now that Iginla's gone, Bouwmeester steps into the spotlight as the next big ticket item for sale for those who consider themselves, 'all in'. We know Pittsburgh is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Id take him in a second.  The guy skates effortlessly, has very good instincts bc of his skating, hes a big body that can play the body on occasion, is offensively gifted and can anchor a pp.  he kills pims and can eat 25 minutes a night.  Hes been on horrible teams.  He immediately improves our defense and can match up against malkin or sid and i wouldnt worry.  

My picks on what i want are similar but i forgot about Roy

i want Roy and Rodidas.  i then wanna send peverly for clowe.  Kelly roy and clowe.  Not to shabby at all.  

PS.  Im watching calgary vs columbus.  Man it feels weird watching the Saint John Flames again.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

He's got only 1 year left on his deal. He's a big mobile defender who can distribute the puck.  I think he's a no brainer if Feaster wants to move him. He reminds me a bit of Al Iafrate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Weaken the forward corps for next season, how? The Bruins couldn't afford to sign Nathan Horton? This would strengthen the defence. A tactical necessity right now. Chara is tired. He needs help. Bouwmeester is a 25 minute-a-night guy and to those here with contrary opinions of his worth, I assure you the pundits don't share it. He is considered by most to be a top-pairing defenceman.

Now that Iginla's gone, Bouwmeester steps into the spotlight as the next big ticket item for sale for those who consider themselves, 'all in'. We know Pittsburgh is.

he has a cap hit of 6.6 right? right now the bruins have 10.1 in cap room for next season. and that doesn't include savards cap hit. throw 6.6 in there, subtract bartkowski's 650K and you're left with 4 million, 1 forward and 2 goalies to sign. no thanks. i'd prefer to have tuukka rask next season than jaybo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He's got only 1 year left on his deal. He's a big mobile defender who can distribute the puck.  I think he's a no brainer if Feaster wants to move him. He reminds me a bit of Al Iafrate.

Minus the skull-let

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Id take him in a second.  The guy skates effortlessly, has very good instincts bc of his skating, hes a big body that can play the body on occasion, is offensively gifted and can anchor a pp.  he kills pims and can eat 25 minutes a night.  Hes been on horrible teams.  He immediately improves our defense and can match up against malkin or sid and i wouldnt worry.  

i want Roy and Rodidas.  i then wanna send peverly for clowe.  Kelly roy and clowe.  Not to shabby at all.  

PS.  Im watching calgary vs columbus.  Man it feels weird watching the Saint John Flames again.  

Never was a Derek Roy fan and I'm still not. Was MIA the last time he was in the playoffs.  Give me Camalleri anyday. Agree with you on JBo though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I was watching but switched back to Ducks and Hawks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Is the '1 forward' you're referring to; Nathan Horton? I dunno but, Chiarelli hasn't seemed too shy about pre-emptively extending those he 'believes' in (even into the wee hours just before the lock-out he was extending like a demon) I have a weird hunch that Nathan might not be in the Bruins future plans.

I think Chiarelli can figure out how to win this year and create creative solutions to his Cap compliancy next year. The good ones all do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

he has a cap hit of 6.6 right? right now the bruins have 10.1 in cap room for next season. and that doesn't include savards cap hit. throw 6.6 in there, subtract bartkowski's 650K and you're left with 4 million, 1 forward and 2 goalies to sign. no thanks. i'd prefer to have tuukka rask next season than jaybo

Our def right now stinks.  An easy fix as ive been saying all along is include peverly in the deal which all of a sudden cuts his cap hit in half.  Let Ference walk.  chara/jbo/seidz/hamilton/mcq/boychuk is a fine group.  

Horton is gone anyway.  Its easier to bring a fwd or two in over a top 2 dman.  Rasks deal will be defined by his playoffs this year.  

Our defense needs a major upgrade.  Pitt has a lot of talent up front.  Their simply arent fwds available to trump this.  What trumps it is a solid top 4 and depth at 5-6.   Im totally all about picking him up.  He might be the best difference maker available at the moment.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Is the '1 forward' you're referring to; Nathan Horton? I dunno but, Chiarelli hasn't seemed too shy about pre-emptively extending those he 'believes' in (even into the wee hours just before the lock-out he was extending like a demon) I have a weird hunch that Nathan might not be in the Bruins future plans.

I think Chiarelli can figure out how to win this year and create creative solutions to his Cap compliancy next year. The good ones all do.

Horton is goners.  Like i just said.  Its easier to bring in a few fwds to fill out the roster then fix the backend.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I wonder if Ference, Krug, Bartko and picks would be enough to get Eric Johnson?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I wonder if Ference, Krug, Bartko and picks would be enough to get Eric Johnson?

Very good thought.  I doubt they want the pending ufa ference though.  I would give them 2 1st round picks though.  Especially if we could snag a fwd from them to help our 3rd line.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How about kobasew and johnson for calgary pkg plus next yrs 1st as welll.