Boychuk hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Boychuk hit

Can't really see where Boychuk got hurt. At first it looked like the knee twisted. Habs fans of course are screaming dive on HFBoards...pathetic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Boychuk hit

Ya its sad the way they react (mtl fans), its hard to tell the injury I hope its not serious. Didnt really see any intent but it will be looked at.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wouldnt be surprised if he cracked a vertebrae after watching that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Godspeed Boychuk.

My guess is lower back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Looked like his face hit the dasher

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE] Wouldnt be surprised if he cracked a vertebrae after watching that. [/QUOTE]

Ala the Begin hit on Savard. Just saw on twitter that it might be back spasms but i'm not going too start with the guessing games though. Just hope Johnny B isn't out too long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE] Wouldnt be surprised if he cracked a vertebrae after watching that. [/QUOTE]

Ala the Begin hit on Savard. Just saw on twitter that it might be back spasms but i'm not going too start with the guessing games though. Just hope Johnny B isn't out too long.

[/QUOTE]

I hope so as well.  At the end his neck kinda twists funny as well.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Godspeed Boychuk.

My guess is lower back.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and his whole body started to spasm because he couldn't move.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Just saw it for the first time.  Pretty nasty.  What caused his right leg and foot to twist and bend as it did?  It seems to be the first part of his body to go awry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think the hit was bad in terms of intent, it was from the side until the last second.  But I think he may have broken his collar bone and maybe a back injury, although I'm not sure what was causing the spasms.  Almost looked like a seizure for a minute there.

Regardless of intent, I'm okay with the Bruins upping the agression here, particularly with Patches.  Not just for revenge, but because it works.

Win or lose, don't leave quietly tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] Just saw it for the first time.  Pretty nasty.  What caused his right leg and foot to twist and bend as it did?  It seems to be the first part of his body to go awry.[/QUOTE]

Stumbled as he was bracing for the boards. Back spasms can make even the strongest man cower.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It looks like he's grabbing his chest area as he's bouncing off the boards. Maybe the convulsing is caused by some cracked ribs. I know I certainly did when I cracked mine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sure had some labored breathing once he got to his knees. I didn't like the looks of that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure had some labored breathing once he got to his knees. I didn't like the looks of that.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, me neither Kel. Lungs punctured? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wouldnt be surprised if he cracked a vertebrae after watching that.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you jm I was sitting 8 rows up just facing that hit ...it was a dirty hit and I went down close to the board and saw Johnny shaking ...his whole body was shaking ....it looks reaaly bad I dont expect to see him in the line up in 2013.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Boychuk is traveling back with the team.  Did anyone think Pacioretty butt ended Boychuk before going into the boards?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yea, me neither Kel. Lungs punctured? 

[/QUOTE]

I think punctured lung and broken ribs

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Won't be a punctured lung if he's flying back to Boston.  I think they usually avoid pressuring/depressurising environments in that event.  May well be that it's broken ribs, though, and evaluating the lung is what sent him to MTL hospital.

Rib injuries suck. There's nothing you can do about them.  Like broken toes.  Just suck it up and sit there and heal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Won't be a punctured lung if he's flying back to Boston.  I think they usually avoid pressuring/depressurising environments in that event.  May well be that it's broken ribs, though, and evaluating the lung is what sent him to MTL hospital.

Rib injuries suck. There's nothing you can do about them.  Like broken toes.  Just suck it up and sit there and heal.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  A punctured lung - he stays in the hospital.   It must be the ribs.  

I initially thought maybe a spleen injury because the doc checking him out on the ice was tenderly pressing in that area (which is also in the rib region, so....)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

When you look at the hit from all available angles -- there are many scenarios. Pray for a full recovery. Either way -- Habs fans are beaming -- Claiming justice for the Chara hit. Insult to injury is how they came thru with a victory. Price -- the only guy that was rested -- pulled out a big one for them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still reckless though.  Boychuk has the position and then Pacioretty shoves Boychuck.  I don't know how much clearer a boarding play can be.  

Once the numbers can show, that's it.  A little check finish into the boards is fine, but that was clearly dirty/reckless.

[/QUOTE]

Correct.  That's why he got a boarding penalty.

Go back to crying about another Belichick selection going to jail. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Routine boarding.  Looked like the injury came from being all twisted up, then getting compressed by the hit.  The way he was shaking while on his knees and knuckles was not encouraging.

He must be happy he was wearing a visor.  His face would have been seriously messed up from that collision without it.