Boycott AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Boycott AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE

Bruins fans lets do ourselves a favour. Never set foot on an Air Canada plane or the Bell Centre or have any involvement with the Surete of Quebec, for that matter.

Although I feel sorry for Max Pacioretti (i not y), these organizations are making an "accident" into a cause selebre. Make no mistake, it was not a hit but a nudge along the boards. These nudgings have been going on in every minute of every game from the time hockey started.

Where were these three Quebec organizations when:
    1. Jones hit Bergeron?
    2. Cooke hit Savard?
    3. Steikel hit Crosby?

What's the real reason behind these organizational stands?

Air Canada has been bleeding red for decades. They spend their advertising dollars on all Canadian teams. They spend lots of money and they even pay to have the Leaf arena named Air Canada Centre. The econony is tough, jet fuel is rising, the world has some unstable events happening. Air Canada is finding it difficult to operate.

What a great excuse to pull back the money they have earmarked for advertising. I'm sure the amount will allow them to operate until world events settle down. They will no longer have me as a customer or passenger.

And what about the Surete de Quebec? Have all the criminals left? Have all the citizens suddenly become law abiding? Do they not have anything better to do but "investigate this vicious hit".

I have relatives in Montreal. From now on when they tell me to come over because they have tickets to a game, I will say: "Thanks, but no thanks. The Bell Centre is against my religion."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Buoycot AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE

Who flies Air Canada anyway, I mean honestly.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Buoycot AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE:
    [QUOTE]Bruins fans lets do ourselves a favour. Never set foot on an Air Canada plane or the Bell Centre or have any involvement with the Surete of Quebec, for that matter. Although I feel sorry for Max Pacioretti (i not y), these organizations are making an "accident" into a cause selebre. Make no mistake, it was not a hit but a nudge along the boards. These nudgings have been going on in every minute of every game from the time hockey started. Where were these three Quebec organizations when: 1. Jones hit Bergeron? 2. Cooke hit Savard? 3. Steikel hit Crosby? What's the real reason behind these organizational stands? Air Canada has been bleeding red for decades. They spend their advertising dollars on all Canadian teams. They spend lots of money and they even pay to have the Leaf arena named Air Canada Centre. The econony is tough, jet fuel is rising, the world has some unstable events happening. Air Canada is finding it difficult to operate. What a great excuse to pull back the money they have earmarked for advertising. I'm sure the amount will allow them to operate until world events settle down. They will no longer have me as a customer or passenger. And what about the Surete de Quebec? Have all the criminals left? Have all the citizens suddenly become law abiding? Do they not have anything better to do but "investigate this vicious hit". I have relatives in Montreal. From now on when they tell me to come over because they have tickets to a game, I will say: "Thanks, but no thanks. The Bell Centre is against my religion."
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    NO as a Canadian who works for a rival airline. I need Air Canada to do well. Also, if Air Canada doesn't do well the Federal Gov't will just give them more money to stay afloat anyway!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Buoycot AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Buoycot AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE : NO as a Canadian who works for a rival airline. I need Air Canada to do well. Also, if Air Canada doesn't do well the Federal Gov't will just give them more money to stay afloat anyway!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

You mean "the other airline" as in WestJet?...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Who flies Air Canada anyway, I mean honestly.....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

No kidding, they were and are nothing but gougers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buoycot AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE : You mean "the other airline" as in WestJet?...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Ummm...Maybe Sealed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Re: Boycott AIR CANADA & BELL CENTRE

I fly to Vancouver all the time and will no longer fly Air Canada, Alaska only.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Great post Wheat. Certainly allowing a statement to be published indicates that Air Canada management is very weak, introspective, and definitely heading for another financial disaster. Lack of responsible management can really undermine any major company. Do you remember the NORTEL debacle?? Stupid, innefective and cheating managers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

"As for Air Canada threatening to pull its sponsorship over such injuries, Bettman says the league can find other carriers if the airline doesn't want its business.

"Air Canada is a great brand, as is the National Hockey League, and if they decide they need to do other things with their sponsorship dollars that's their prerogative, just like it's the prerogative of our clubs that fly on Air Canada to make other arrangements if they don't think Air Canada is giving them the appropriate level of service."-Gary Bettman

Good for you Gary! Don't take threats!