Brad Boyes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Brad Boyes

Boyes would have been a good pick up,what Buffalo give up think just second round pick.In stead they went for the 3 bums they got,that includes Kaberle,never liked him in Toronto,and i still don't like him in Boston.He's really helped the power play,have they even scored a power play goal since they got him.I wouldn't resighn him just walk away,wright it off as a stupid trade.Use the money for something better

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Brad Boyes

.......................chirp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Be patient and wait for the playoffs.  The new season is upon us and all will make their mark.  Its not as easy as joining a team and playing great.  Takes time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

disagree with kaberle he is awesome! agree a lot on brad boyes 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

You're right Kitchener. I wrote in even during the winning streak that these were horrid trades. I think Colborne is going to be a real good player, along the lines of Ron Francis more than Joe Thornton. Plus we gave up an additional 1st round pick AND a second if we resign Kaberle, who will probably walk when the Bruins lowball the offer based on his nonproduction here. Peverly and Kelly are also mere energy guys. Why couldn't the B's grab Anthony Stewart or Yvander Kane, or even Kovalev or Boyes, instead of these notalent 4th liners, with ALL he gave up. Chia has SERIOUSLY impacted the future of this team by trading away its youth and picks. Even the minor league deals he's done have been screwups. The guy is a klutz in the trade department. Can't wait to see who he drafts this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Boyes:
    [QUOTE]You're right Kitchener. I wrote in even during the winning streak that these were horrid trades. I think Colborne is going to be a real good player, along the lines of Ron Francis more than Joe Thornton. Plus we gave up an additional 1st round pick AND a second if we resign Kaberle, who will probably walk when the Bruins lowball the offer based on his nonproduction here. Peverly and Kelly are also mere energy guys. Why couldn't the B's grab Anthony Stewart or Yvander Kane, or even Kovalev or Boyes, instead of these notalent 4th liners, with ALL he gave up. Chia has SERIOUSLY impacted the future of this team by trading away its youth and picks. Even the minor league deals he's done have been screwups. The guy is a klutz in the trade department. Can't wait to see who he drafts this year.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

I think everything you've said is negative so there goes that point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Orr-

If Colburne turns into Ron Francis I will personally find where you live and send you money.  Would you be willing to do the same if he is a bust? 
    Kane is off the table unless you were willing to part with Seguin. 
    I could have lived with Kovalev and maybe Boyes but both are streak players similar to one that has been terrible for us(Ryder). 

Wait for the playoffs and see what happens then.  The playoffs will determine if they were worth it or not. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Sorry for the negatives. Brad Boyes has 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games since being acquired in trade by Buffalo. Kaberle Savignon, Peverley Hillbillies, and Kelly's Roast Beef have a COMBINED 1 goal and 2 asists in 9 games. I'm positive these guys are great additions!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wonder how many Boyes gets if Buffalo doesnt make the playoffs? 

I actually like Boyes and think he would have been a nice pickup.  Kovalev would have been ok in my eyes as well.  Kelly was needed.  We needed him regardless of the other moves.  Peverly in exchange for one of the aforementioned?  Yeah I could have lived with that.  

I like what they added. Teams win.  Not individuals. At the time we were playing well and were one of the top teams in the league.  I think Vancouver made smaller moves as well that were pieces of the puzzle. 

Kaberle/Kelly werent brought here to score goals.  Peverly was added to be secondary scoring.

I am happy with all three...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder how many Boyes gets if Buffalo doesnt make the playoffs?  I actually like Boyes and think he would have been a nice pickup.  Kovalev would have been ok in my eyes as well.  Kelly was needed.  We needed him regardless of the other moves.  Peverly in exchange for one of the aforementioned?  Yeah I could have lived with that.   I like what they added. Teams win.  Not individuals. At the time we were playing well and were one of the top teams in the league.  I think Vancouver made smaller moves as well that were pieces of the puzzle.  Kaberle/Kelly werent brought here to score goals.  Peverly was added to be secondary scoring. I am happy with all three...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Boyes also makes like what 4mil? Coudlnt of had Boyes and Kaberle he makes more than Kelley+Peverley combined!

I think re-igniting the chemistry of Boyes-Bergy would be interesting esp. wtih Marshmont on the line as well. But he just wasnt available to us, so I dont get bent over it.

I also hate kovalev no love lost on not grabbing him. But it does make me think a 7th for Kelly woulda been nice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Boyes

Sorry for the negatives. Brad Boyes has 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games since being acquired in trade by Buffalo. Kaberle Savignon, Peverley Hillbillies, and Kelly's Roast Beef have a COMBINED 1 goal and 2 asists in 9 games. I'm positive these guys are great additions!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Your right Kaberle is useless ,Kelly forth line checker we really needed another one of those,typical Clod player,don'T wan't any one with talent who thinks about offence ie.Seguin.Believe me i've been Bruin fan  for close to fifty years,this team is no where near competing for cup.Not until Clod is gone and they get more talent  game breaking players,Seguin has pottential don't think we will ever se it with Clod coaching.When was last time a defensive team won cup New Jersey,doesn't work anymore.ie Chicago,Detroit Pitts all offensive teams.Detroit showed us were not in same class,Do you really think 3 bums they traded for made us better,Hey i hope i'm wrong but i don't think so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kitchener,

You just dont understand hockey.  Did you watch the Vancouver game a few weeks ago?  If you did you would realize that Kelly was out best player outside of TT.  Sure Lucic potted the GWG.  But Kelly save the lead.  He won two huge draws and blocked two key shots.  On this team right now he would be the 1st fwd along with Bergie I would call for the last minute of the game.  EVERYTIME!

Kaberle is working with a brand new d-partner.  Simply you may think but communication between dmen goes together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.  It has to work and may take some time. 

1. Kelly- defensive 3rd line center who can chip in on occasion.  Veteran shutdown type who was to the cup final and had many wars in the playoffs. 
    2. Kaberle- top 4 dman who anchors a 1st unit PP and wasnt
    t brought here to score goals,  The PP is still not working but it will come with time.
    3. Peverly- brought in as a secondary scorer who also adds speed to our lineup.  Kelly also brings this. 

This team will have how many 20 goal scorers?  Our team is where in team offense?  Our team is top ranked in defense? Y/N? 

We needed to tinker with the lineup and thats exactly what he did. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]Kitchener, You just dont understand hockey.  Did you watch the Vancouver game a few weeks ago?  If you did you would realize that Kelly was out best player outside of TT.  Sure Lucic potted the GWG.  But Kelly save the lead.  He won two huge draws and blocked two key shots.  On this team right now he would be the 1st fwd along with Bergie I would call for the last minute of the game.  EVERYTIME! Kaberle is working with a brand new d-partner.  Simply you may think but communication between dmen goes together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.  It has to work and may take some time.  1. Kelly- defensive 3rd line center who can chip in on occasion.  Veteran shutdown type who was to the cup final and had many wars in the playoffs.  2. Kaberle- top 4 dman who anchors a 1st unit PP and wasnt t brought here to score goals,  The PP is still not working but it will come with time. 3. Peverly- brought in as a secondary scorer who also adds speed to our lineup.  Kelly also brings this.  This team will have how many 20 goal scorers?  Our team is where in team offense?  Our team is top ranked in defense? Y/N?  We needed to tinker with the lineup and thats exactly what he did. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    It's nice to dream,they beat Vancover so that make them the cup winners,don't you remember Detroit games ,not even in the same class,Kaberele ha always been a bum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Shuperman- quality posts.  The new pickups are not showing huge numbers on the stat sheets right now but that doesn't diminish the importance of all 3.  These guys give the team more skill and depth. 

Most chatboard GM's sure are too be upset because the new guys aren't scoring a goal a game.  Mark my words-these guys will pan out.

Peverly is much quicker and better than Wheeler, even if their #'s are similar.  Pev is also more agressive and a better cap #. Kelly is an upgrade on the 3rd line and Kab on the blueline. 

These moves make the B's an even tougher matchup in the playoffs.

Now if they would only start to click on the PP, those lingering doubts/thoughts would be appeased!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Gotta admit that i always liked Boyes and was disappointed when the B's traded him years ago.  After some success, he has 14 goals last year and 15 this year.
    Even Ryder is well above that level.

Boyes also has 1 more year left on his deal at $4mil/yr...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Boyes : It's nice to dream,they beat Vancover so that make them the cup winners,don't you remember Detroit games ,not even in the same class,Kaberele ha always been a bum.
    Posted by kitchener[/QUOTE]

Detroit plays us well no doubt.  Thing is we would only face them in the finals and they have many many good teams to go through.  We have the east which is prime for a good run.  Our team has played well against all the teams in the East. 

Kaberle a bum?  Man put some thought in a post.  Any Joe Schmoe can say he stinks or he is a piece of dung.  What are you basing it on?  He wasn't brought here to save the team.  He was an added piece to a puzzle and wanted to be here.  I will take him over what we had.  He doesnt hammer people or go coast to coast.  He is learning a new system.  As a dman its probably a lot harder than as a fwd. 

Relax and be thankful for what we have.  Which is a lot!  I would put this team up against any team in a 7 gm series. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

He wasn't brought here to save the team.  He was an added piece to a puzzle and wanted to be here.  I will take him over what we had.

Shuperman-this is an important point because i believe that the biggest weakness of this team is on the blue line.  I am not sold on the abilities of McQuaid and Boychuck. They have a lot of grit but their hands are weak. Bartkowski is not NHL-ready right now either.  This makes the Kaberle pickup even more important.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

What is this now? Boyes joining his fifth organization in his 6 year career? if he is so valuable how come so many teams are giving up on him?  Simple, he is  a streaky scorer who goes way too long in between goals.. last three years 14,15 and 15 this year.. Ryder can do that ..no problem.

If I am a Sabres fan though I have to be impressed with the new guy Pegula not afraid to spend cash on a player like Boyes to show that he will spend to make this team more competitive..They have lost a lot of good players in the past not willing to give them the money to keep them.. and basically wasted some outstanding years by Miller when he was on top of his game..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I knew there just had to be a post about Brad Boyes today just like clockwork how predictable .