Brad Marchand - his antics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Brad Marchand - his antics

Getting alot of attention today. Particularly the one with Kunitz. Personally, I love it. I don't think he was trying to go knee on knee with Kunitz, just stuck out his leg as Kunitz was skating by. The little stick behind Morrows leg during a scrum is very clever.

Most people don't like it or him. Don't blame them. But I'm glad he's on the Bruins. I don't think he's out there to intetnionally hurt people, he's out there to agitate them and for some reason, when everyone on the other team wants to kill him, his game elevates to another level.

That footage of Morrow yelling at Marchand while on the bench was priceless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Brad Marchand - his antics

I agree Kelv, I love his agitating ways. He gets under people's skin and gets them off their game. It's fantastic, and the best part? He can put the puck in the net. Perfect example was the Cooke and Marchand incident where he then booked it and roofed it over Fleury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm all for the "annoy the heck out of them" moves.

They aren't dirty, just rude.  And it drives others bananas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Great player.  Loved when he was in Morrow's face, hated the leg check on Kunitz though.  Sorry kel, if he ever seriously injures someone because he "just stuck out his leg", I won't be a happy B's fan.  He doesn't need that krap as part of his game anymore, he can be a beast just by playing his game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Great player.  Loved when he was in Morrow's face, hated the leg check on Kunitz though.  Sorry kel, if he ever seriously injures someone because he "just stuck out his leg", I won't be a happy B's fan.  He doesn't need that krap as part of his game anymore, he can be a beast just by playing his game.

I agree with Hang. I would never want to see him hurt someone, and if he did or tried to I'd be the first to call him out.  But if you look at his body when he stuck out his leg he was facing forward and did it with his foot up, like a bully would to a kid walking on the bus.
    He ha a bunch of snaeaky moves in his arsenal, and some are rather creative.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Getting alot of attention today. Particularly the one with Kunitz. Personally, I love it. I don't think he was trying to go knee on knee with Kunitz, just stuck out his leg as Kunitz was skating by. The little stick behind Morrows leg during a scrum is very clever.

Most people don't like it or him. Don't blame them. But I'm glad he's on the Bruins. I don't think he's out there to intetnionally hurt people, he's out there to agitate them and for some reason, when everyone on the other team wants to kill him, his game elevates to another level.

That footage of Morrow yelling at Marchand while on the bench was priceless.

+100.Would really dislike him on any other team, but defiitely one of my favorite Bruins.I hope he doesn't change a thing. Also a very,very talented player.The bigger the game, the bigger his game gets.I hope he stays a Bruin a loooonnnngggg time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Then, in double overtime – Marchand used his underrated vision to find Patrice Bergeron for the redirection goal that gave Boston a 3-0 lead in the series. The Marchand and Bergeron connection have been a reliable producer of timely goals for the Bruins throughout the playoffs.

“Bergy drove hard and had a guy on him and managed to get his stick in the right place and March made a great play,” Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien said after Game 3. “He was extremely patient. He could’ve got rid of that puck a little bit earlier, but he waited for Bergy to get in position before he slid over.”

He’s known affectionately as “The Rat” and “The Noseface Killah” among Bruins fans. Both nicknames sum up entirely what Marchand is about. Marchand is a pest and he’s also able to deliver killer blows to the confidence of rivals with his clutch play.

Like him or loathe him, it’s hard to argue against Marchand’s effectiveness. The Bruins appear bound to continue dancing into the Stanley Cup Finals and Marchand played a big, big part in their journey."

The only thing I didn't like was Brad going down when Morrow barely touched him behind the net and Marchand looked like he was shot. Other than that I agree wholeheartedly with the Hockey Writers excerpt above.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

San when was that? I don't recall when that happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I honestly don't either. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Drawing a blank on that play as well - was it in last night's game? May have happened during a run to the fridge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It wasn't a leg check.  It was a slow moving play that was meant to get under the skin of Kunitz.  Worked!  I love that the ref saw it happen and saw Kunitz slash Marchand...and just looked away.

There was never any danger for Kunitz, unless slowly falling over was dangerous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

It wasn't a leg check.  It was a slow moving play that was meant to get under the skin of Kunitz.  Worked!  I love that the ref saw it happen and saw Kunitz slash Marchand...and just looked away.

There was never any danger for Kunitz, unless slowly falling over was dangerous.

[/QUOTE]

You never know, ice is pretty hard! Sarcasm to be noted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/05/video-chris-kunitz-brad-marchand-exchange-blows/

Not Morrow my bad it was Kunitz that slashed him on the back of the leg.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oops, my error.  A five hour game can have a few things forgotten.  I guess they both got 2.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I love the little clever stuff NHL players come up with to annoy someone else. As someone who grew up in a family that always played sports and eight of us in the house, i can appreciate it.

Heres one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF6cb-Mtohg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Love Marchand u never going to get me to talk any sh..t about him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I love the little clever stuff NHL players come up with to annoy someone else. As someone who grew up in a family that always played sports and eight of us in the house, i can appreciate it.

That's a riot.  Just being a dick to be a dick and annoy someone.  I love it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go figure !?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Go figure !?! [/QUOTE]

Sealed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Marchand is a pest but the players he goes after usually are being jerks. Crosby is a target of the little ball of hate.  Crosby is a competitive little pain in the azz.  Marchand loves to tease Kunitz, Dupris and at times Morrow as all those players take liberities.  I don't justify his behavior like the slew foot action on Kunitz but at least he answers the bell to the slight of injustice by the Pens players mentioned.  

BTW Cookie grabbed Lucic's leg during the altercation last night, the problem it was after Lucic had Cookie's head in a headlock!  He let go and Cookie "the reformed" continued to pull on Lucic's leg.  Lucic asked him to fight, Cookie did not understand!

my call line is finally working>

Don't judge me monkey!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Reminds met of the rat who in his own right was a great playoff performer.............Love it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I will be the stick in the mud here. I know that no one got hurt on that leg to leg thing, but those are the plays that I can't stand. Love Marchand, but don't want him to be Bryan Marchment.

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont like the dirty stuff. Trash talk all you want. 

I love his game.  Hes a playoff player if there ever was one.  Hes takes the hits, takes the slashes and punches.  Hes playing great.  Hes driving the other team mental.  When you get under cookes skin you are doing a darn good job.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

I will be the stick in the mud here. I know that no one got hurt on that leg to leg thing, but those are the plays that I can't stand. Love Marchand, but don't want him to be Bryan Marchment.

Marchand's play to Bryan Marchment is a noogie to Kane's knockout punch to Cooke. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I didn't think that knee business was all that bad at all & I'm critical of Brad when he does his foolishness, but the way he's buzzing around chirping, smacking, shove here, push there I applaude the guy. This stuff I could watch all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6GNVfrCkDI