Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruins48. Show BostonBruins48's posts

Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted

I Booked 3 days off work, Drove 4 & half hours to Nova Scotia meet and get Brad Marchand autograph, maybe a photo of me, him with the cup. So I got at the rink at 10:00 Am the doors opened at 12:00 Pm. The disorganized once the door opened it was a free for all, there was no lines everybody just gather around the stage waiting for Brad to arrive at 2:00. When Brad Arrived 15 mins late he really didn't socialize with the crowd, he drew 63 names, and those people got autographs and there photo with him. I was not one of them. The even was from 2:00 – 4:00. Brad left at 3:40.  Brad probably spent no more then 20 mins with talking to the fans, and that includes the 63 he signed autographs for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted

At the risk of contributing to yet another Marchand thread, the guy just sounds like a jerk. 

A really good young player, fun to watch, effective in clutch games...but a jerk.  Your description is becoming part of a rather extensive collection of negative stories I have heard about him.  I hope his actions on the ice make us forget all about it...

Sorry BB48, sounds like a real bummer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted:
    [QUOTE]I Booked 3 days off work, Drove 4 & half hours to Nova Scotia meet and get Brad Marchand autograph, maybe a photo of me, him with the cup. So I got at the rink at 10:00 Am the doors opened at 12:00 Pm. The disorganized once the door opened it was a free for all, there was no lines everybody just gather around the stage waiting for Brad to arrive at 2:00. When Brad Arrived 15 mins late he really didn't socialize with the crowd, he drew 63 names, and those people got autographs and there photo with him. I was not one of them. The even was from 2:00 – 4:00. Brad left at 3:40.  Brad probably spent no more then 20 mins with talking to the fans, and that includes the 63 he signed autographs for.
    Posted by BostonBruins48[/QUOTE]

That is terrible.  The player has to take a big piece of the responsibility but I wonder if the people organizing the event were equally to blame.  If you are not going to be able to meet the guy even for just a quick group picture (that is what I got when we went to see Seguin with the Cup), you should at least let people know what to expect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I wouldnt put much into that, I think its less of "he's a jerk" and more of hes immature, and probably hasn't grasped his role, and what this means to everybody outside of just the team.. He's not kessel at this point firing shots at the bruins management even though his contracts not finished..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Brad should have taken pointers from Tyler Seguin about organizing his day with the Cup.

Tyler's day went without a hitch and everyone was satisfied; including me, as you can tell from my avatar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted:
    [QUOTE]I Booked 3 days off work, Drove 4 & half hours to Nova Scotia meet and get Brad Marchand autograph, maybe a photo of me, him with the cup. So I got at the rink at 10:00 Am the doors opened at 12:00 Pm. The disorganized once the door opened it was a free for all, there was no lines everybody just gather around the stage waiting for Brad to arrive at 2:00. When Brad Arrived 15 mins late he really didn't socialize with the crowd, he drew 63 names, and those people got autographs and there photo with him. I was not one of them. The even was from 2:00 – 4:00. Brad left at 3:40.  Brad probably spent no more then 20 mins with talking to the fans, and that includes the 63 he signed autographs for.
    I don't think the kids at the I.W.K. (children's hospital) were as dissappointed with Marchand as you were since that is where he spent a large portion of his day. Obviously he can't please everyone all of the time. Maybe he should've cut back his time with the sick kids so that he could sign more autographs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruins48. Show BostonBruins48's posts

he had 2 hrs at the rink and would only sign 63 autographs, and he didn't spend the 2 hr there he left early

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted:
    [QUOTE]he had 2 hrs at the rink and would only sign 63 autographs, and he didn't spend the 2 hr there he left early
    http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9021856.html
    http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/local/article/954366--thousands-cheer-as-brad-m
    The guy started his day at 5am so that he could try to include as many people as possible. It's a shame you weren't able to get more access to Brad and the Cup but I don't think it was his fault from the sounds of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Brad should have taken pointers from Tyler Seguin about organizing his day with the Cup. Tyler's day went without a hitch and everyone was satisfied; including me, as you can tell from my avatar.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

So did Bergeron's day with the cup in Quebec City.  He passed at least 500 fans.
    Glad my plane got cancelled for Sunday due to Irene because the flight and hotel was costing me a pretty penny.
    The road to yet another Bruin celebration will take me to Burlington Vt, Saturday where I'll be going and see Thomas and the cup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruins48. Show BostonBruins48's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9021856.html http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/local/article/954366--thousands-cheer-as-brad-m The guy started his day at 5am so that he could try to include as many people as possible. It's a shame you weren't able to get more access to Brad and the Cup but I don't think it was his fault from the sunds of it.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The event at the rink was from 2-4, When Brad arrived at the rink he didn't talk a lot of people that was waiting there to see him, all he did was answer a few questions the radio host. Brad held up the cup a few times draw 63 names which he probably spent 20 - 25 mins signing autographs, Brad left the ring at 3:40 leave a lot of people vary dissaponted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Could be worse... I live in Vancouver and the idiot Canucks fans made sure there was no public "day with the cup" here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Like a 20 year old had something to do with the organization of the cup day. Like Ryder had something to do with the fold up table or Seguin had anything to do with the organization of his day with the cup.

The older smarter players did their cup day in private because there wasn't any scrutiny. Even when Chiarelli showed up to his alma mater with the cup you could here Peter saying "OK where am I supposed to go now ?"

I say the organizers are a much more to blame not the player. I'm starting to think that Marchand does need to have drinking problem or start ruffing women up to get some more respect around here :sarcasm:

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Like a 20 year old had something to do with the organization of the cup day. Like Ryder had something to do with the fold up table or Seguin had anything to do with the organization of his day with the cup. The older smarter players did their cup day in private because there wasn't any scrutiny. Even when Chiarelli showed up to his alma mater with the cup you could here Peter saying "OK where am I supposed to go now ?" I say the organizers are a much more to blame not the player. I'm starting to think that Marchand does need to have drinking problem or start ruffing women up to get some more respect around here :sarcasm:
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I would assume he said somthing along the lines or, this is what i would like to do, all these places orgainized the events etc. Its not like he took time out o fhis day to go through the event on a dry run a few days earlier..He tried to share the cup, awesome, who knows if others echo 48's sentiment or not, but I doubt it was ever done to be a "jerk" even if so, busy day and a kid who is still a little immature..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

To bad about that, for what its worth alot of these cup days have been much the same.There were all kinds of problems when Nathan Horton tried to bring the cup to his home town, same thing with Dan Paille.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brad Marchard day with the Cup, Fans left dissapinted : The event at the rink was from 2-4, When Brad arrived at the rink he didn't talk a lot of people that was waiting there to see him, all he did was answer a few questions the radio host. Brad held up the cup a few times draw 63 names which he probably spent 20 - 25 mins signing autographs, Brad left the ring at 3:40 leave a lot of people vary dissaponted.
    What was he doing the rest of the time? You're saying he spent 20-25 minutes signing autographs for 63 people and answering some questions. It still sounds to me like there's an hour and a half unaccounted for. Regardless of your bad experience that day, I'm happy to hear Brad made sure he had time to visit the sick kids in the hospital.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Reading the news that DEZ has provided completely negates the anti-Brad comments from Bruins48. The reports insicate that Brad spent most of the day with fans, and part of the day with Grandparents and close friends. I'm sure some of his reported antics are immaturity, but commitments like making sure he had the CUP at 5 A.M. is commitment , just as his play on the ice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Reading the news that DEZ has provided completely negates the anti-Brad comments from Bruins48. The reports insicate that Brad spent most of the day with fans, and part of the day with Grandparents and close friends. I'm sure some of his reported antics are immaturity, but commitments like making sure he had the CUP at 5 A.M. is commitment , just as his play on the ice.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    As I said Bogie, you can't please everyone all of the time......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

All right, thanks for the links dez, maybe I'm coming on a little strong with the "jerk" stuff.

Leaving at 3:40 was the part that got me.  If people are traveling and waiting all day, the least you could do is to fulfill the stated time commitment.  But if he spent the day with sick kids or whatever, then I won't judge.

With everything I have seen about Marchand, I suspect that I would not like him off the ice.  But that works out just fine, since I will never know him off the ice and can hopefully just focus on his hockey skills.  Hope he grows up a bit though...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I would say, right now, one poster ws there, and that was his experience, a couple articles don't neccessarily negate how he felt or his experience..
    Marchand may have been late coming from the hospital, or maybe he had to put a shirt on to go out in public.. 
    For all we know Marchands private parties were taking the cup to the strip club so he could do blow of some strippers bare ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand may have been late coming from the hospital, or maybe he had to put a shirt on to go out in public
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Heh heh, a very plausible excuse...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

From immature jerk to a coke head! WOW!

Hard to tell that we just won the cup and this kid was part of that accomplishment. If I didn't know any better, I would think this kid played for the habs or canucks!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]From immature jerk to a coke head! WOW! Hard to tell that we just won the cup and this kid was part of that accomplishment. If I didn't know any better, I would think this kid played for the habs or canucks!
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Clearly, there was some intended sarcasm there. I am just saying private party could be anything, if someone is saying he cut out early to go to this thing after showing up late, who knows what the party was..  I don't think he is a jerk, but to this point I think immature (from a professional athlete standpoint) is well documented..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I know this will not be well received.  However, I think adults that travel hours for autographs & pictures with 20 yr. old kids are immature.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.  These guys can do whatever they want with the cup, they deserve that right.  Grow up people, stop being jock sniffers and just enjoy watching these athletes perform "on" the ice.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I'm just surprised at all the negative comments about Marchand, and not just from you Roler.

I mean the kid score 11 playoff goals and we won the cup. I'm 37 yrs old and I think I'd be partying just as hard as he is, if not more! 

My opinion may not be a general one but I simply don't get all the heat he's getting in his first full year in the league!