Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton

I know its only 1 game, but I think it is time to try new things while the season is early, here are my lines
    1 Krecji-Lucic-Seguin
    2 Bergeron-Marchand-Horton
    3 Kelly-Peverly-Caron
    4 Campbell-Paille or Pouliot-Thornton
    I just think having the "2" power forwards on one line should stop for now, we know they can play good together but time to mix it up

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton

You said it yourself..."its only 1 game"
    They looked off for 2 periods but looked pretty good in the 3rd. CJ is not about to tinker with his first line because they had a slow start in the first game of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton:
    [QUOTE]You said it yourself..."its only 1 game" They looked off for 2 periods but looked pretty good in the 3rd. CJ is not about to tinker with his first line because they had a slow start in the first game of the season.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    They actually all looked great in the 1st period too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton : They actually all looked great in the 1st period too.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

They "looked" great but weren't getting anything on net. IN fact I don;t think the first line landed a shot on net until the 3rd period. They were just missing on passes and unable to finish off any chances. I thought they looked much sharper by the 3rd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

can you say... knee-jerk reaction? i say send that entire 1st line down to providence, they did not look nhl ready. as for marchand, induct him into the hockey hall of fame right now! oh yeah, and fire julien. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton : They "looked" great but weren't getting anything on net. IN fact I don;t think the first line landed a shot on net until the 3rd period. They were just missing on passes and unable to finish off any chances. I thought they looked much sharper by the 3rd.
    I actually wasn't speaking about anyone in particualr. I meant the team, as a  whole, played well in the 1st.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes it's only one game, and Claude is not noted for his flexibility. However, Horton played lousy, should have had an easy goal and blew it; Lucic was blah; Seids was awful at times and good at other times; If Kelly could score he would have had two goals off of good passes from Seguin; Bergie's line was good; Seguin's wings need more time with him as he is very good, and shows maturity; the 4th line was blah. Corvo looked good, Bartkowski was mediocre; Boychuck made mistakes like the penalty on Yagr when he stopped skating; no way giroux should have outclassed all the bruins on the ice including Timmy; Bryzgalov was very good, but Horton should have had one. It's over, won't be the only loss this year. If Claude replaced Horton with Pouliot, he would wake them all up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton : I actually wasn't speaking about anyone in particualr. I meant the team, as a  whole, played well in the 1st.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Got ya. I agree...the team as a whole looked good in the first. Great energy and all that. Flat as heck for most of the 2nd and better in the 3rd. Philly looked pretty good, I have to say. Having a real goalie makes a big difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In Response to Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton:
    [QUOTE]I know its only 1 game, but I think it is time to try new things while the season is early, here are my lines 1 Krecji-Lucic-Seguin 2 Bergeron-Marchand-Horton 3 Kelly-Peverly-Caron 4 Campbell-Paille or Pouliot-Thornton I just think having the "2" power forwards on one line should stop for now, we know they can play good together but time to mix it up
    Posted by mohawk_bruin[/QUOTE]

I actually like these suggested line combinations.  If Seguin is not going to be a center anyways then he belongs in the top 6.  If not becaue he has the best shot on the team then because he needs wingers that will finish his sweet passes.  He will create chances on any line, but the % that get finished will increase with more skilled linemates.  Also, we have two "power forwards" on the team and there is really no reason to have them both on the same line.  I also think Krecji will shoot more when he is not playing with two guys expected to be shooters/scorers.  He proved he can shoot in the playoffs last year (and other years) but playing with those two he will always look to pass first, second, and third and only shoot when it is just him and the goalie.

Line combinations should be about maximizing the potential of your roster and I don't think the current combinations do that.  The suggested cobinations I think do a better job.

But -- Julien is as stubborn as they come so I wouldn't expect any changes until injury or a serious slump hits

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

All the talk of great players I have to agree that Bergeron is the BEST player on the ice...So underrated...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

fire,fire, fire.....to be read as panic, panic, panic. switch the lines up, trade TT, the coach doesn't know what he's doing!!!! as a matter of fact i'm going to stop being a bruins fan, i mean they haven't won a single game this season!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]All the talk of great players I have to agree that Bergeron is the BEST player on the ice...So underrated...
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

I don't think Bergy is underrated anymore. Not after being picked for team Canada and how he performed in the playoffs, particularly in the finals. If anyone doesn't appreciate just hhow good he is then they just ain't paying attention (e.g. pink helmets). casual hockey fans may not fully appreciate the guy but real fans know he's one of the best all-around players in the league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Break up Krecji-Looch-Horton : I don't think Bergy is underrated anymore. Not after being picked for team Canada and how he performed in the playoffs, particularly in the finals. If anyone doesn't appreciate just hhow good he is then they just ain't paying attention (e.g. pink helmets). casual hockey fans may not fully appreciate the guy but real fans know he's one of the best all-around players in the league.
    Bergeron is by far, my favourite player. His game hasn't really changed much since he was an 18 year old rookie. It's just become more polished. What I like most about Bergeron is that the best is yet to come. Seems like he's been around forever but he's still a few years away from reaching his prime. There's not a better possible player to represent the Bruins and the NHL. Total class act. He plays such an honest game that he should be nominated for the Byng.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

one game after winning the cup the Bruins need to reshuffle the lines?? WOW just WOW

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In a true hockey market, it's always a manic-depressive situation.  I'm sure they're already planning the parade route in Toronto.  In Vancouver, the Luongo-insecurity talk has already started after one bad shootout performance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it is hilarious- but sadly, very predictable. i'm just very thankful these posters wanting to "shake things up" after one game, are not coaching our beloved bruins. they'd fire 30 coaches a year(one after every loss), use 30 different goaltenders, and lines would be split up after every game, if they didn't produce multiple goals. other than that it would be a very stable organization!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In a true hockey market, it's always a manic-depressive situation.  I'm sure they're already planning the parade route in Toronto.  In Vancouver, the Luongo-insecurity talk has already started after one bad shootout performance.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    i thought the trade talk started after being yanked a few times during last years' final? no? luongo is a mental midget, can't handle the heat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, now don't keep your head down and don't follow through.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Take one of the best face off guys in the league and put him at wing...I think your on to something here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]fire,fire, fire.....to be read as panic, panic, panic. switch the lines up, trade TT, the coach doesn't know what he's doing!!!! as a matter of fact i'm going to stop being a bruins fan, i mean they haven't won a single game this season!  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Or be like you and just mock people for having an opinion and suggesting some line combos they'd like to see.  Pretty sure I haven't seen anybody mention firing or anything else for that matter.

Here's an idea.....lets go to the opinion forum and just post about how great the status quo is no matter what

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

(@kelvana): I think he was listing the centers first, then the two wings... seems to follow that pattern.

That being said, it's a tad early to even consider switching things up.  They just decided what lines to begin the season barely a week ago!  Let's give 'em a couple of weeks to get some games in the books before we're holding shuffleboard tournaments all over the joint...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

for your information, i'd fire that status quo guy too. inexcusable to not play your best game after watching a video, parading a cup, and raising a banner minutes before play.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE](@kelvana): I think he was listing the centers first, then the two wings... seems to follow that pattern. That being said, it's a tad early to even consider switching things up.  They just decided what lines to begin the season barely a week ago!  Let's give 'em a couple of weeks to get some games in the books before we're holding shuffleboard tournaments all over the joint...
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]
    AHHHHHHH.....the clouds split and a single ray of sunshine breaks through.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Well this didn't take long to start. Amazing. I'm glad Claude isn't a reactionary leader, or that banner wouldn't have been raised last night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

1 game-- my take.

Kind of expected a let down after the ceremonies.  Thought that Marchand and Seguin were outstanding.  4th line had an off night.  Defensively, they missed #54.  Got to stop this trend of giving up goals in the last few seconds of a period.   Overall, not displeased--- but they need to win on Saturday night.