Breakdown your thoughts of the Bs three young defensman so far.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Breakdown your thoughts of the Bs three young defensman so far.

Bartkowski - Yes he was shaky at times yeasterday but I think it was because of rust. I didn't see him skate the puck out of his own zone at all and he did that quite a bit last year after he got called up. He is not physical enough in his own end, especially in the corners. One thing Bartkowski is not, he is no "BUM".

Hamilton - Offensively I think he is great and will get better. He got beat in transition coming across the blueline all game long against Colorado. Great raw talent who needs some work with his one on one battles. Easy fixes.

Krug - Best of the three this season so far. Torey creates so many offensive chances for his forwards it's ridiculous. Scrambles a bit in his own end, kinda like mini-panic modes sometimes. He will probably need some more muscle up top to handle the bigger forwards along the boards better.

I like the Bruins blueline furture a lot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Breakdown your thoughts of the Bs three young defensman so far.

They are good chips that PC has in his pocket if he needs to make a move at the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are good chips that PC has in his pocket if he needs to make a move at the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

I hope he hangs onto all 3 instead of letting any of them go. Krug makes the B's so much faster from the back end it's ridiculous. Hamilton still is by far the best passing d-man they have. He's able to catch guys in full flight across 2 lines. I find Bart's game tentative yesterday. Didn't move the puck quickly enough, but that'll get better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I like them all too nite but if PC has to deal one to fill a glaring hole at the deadline then I'm good with that.  Krug would be the last one I would deal though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bartkowski has a very reasonable RFA contract if PC went that route. So that would mean Chiarelli is confident Trotman, Miller or Morrow could make the jump next season.

I think Krug and Hamilton are going nowhere soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bartkowski tried to carry the puck out of the zone on a few occasions against the 'Jackets, but he lost the puck or got tracked down every time.  Maybe it was rust, but it wasn't good.  At the same time, they continue to have a 1.25 GA/Game as a team with three guys who are all basically rookies on the blueline.  Hamilton's got a way to go in terms of his reads, but so did Chara at his age, and, like Chara, his reach and athleticism bail him out as often as not.  Krug's been good, and I continue to think he's as good as the other two physically - he takes great angles when defending off the rush, and rubs guys out effectively.  Down low, he can't control a guy like Hamilton can from time to time, but neither can Bartkowski.

Krug, Hamilton, Bartkowski on my chart as of today.  "Keeper league", it's still Hamilton, Krug, Bartkowski.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

I like them all too nite but if PC has to deal one to fill a glaring hole at the deadline then I'm good with that.  Krug would be the last one I would deal though.

[/QUOTE]

I can appreciate what you're saying, but here's the way I look at it. You won't be a contender if you have glaring holes to begin with anyway. You now have 7 guys that you know can play well enough in the play-offs in what is in a lot of cases; the most important position come play-off time, because they eat the most minutes. One of your top 6 go down you have that 7th guy that we already know can handle the play-off war. I think that the only way they trade any of the 3 you mention is if a top 6 forward is out. If not; you give up maybe a 3rd rounder for a depth guy with play-off experience to fill in. Paille & Campbell already have shown they can step up when need be. Make these 3 (unless Morrow shows he's as hyped) part of the B's present & future. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Krug, I like his game of carrying the puck in the offensive zone , and his ability to make good passes on the PP. I like what he brings to the team. Plus I think he has a very good shot when he shoots it. Krug is a keeper as of now.

Hamiltion, I like when he plays physical. He kind of plays with a mean streak. The thing is that the bruins must decide is that Doug either plays everyday here or in Providence. I like him and no I would not trade him just to get a little better. He has to much potential.

Bartkowski, I like his puck moving sense does make  some mistakes at times,  but that is going to happen. He could be trade bait at the deadline. I think he has a good upside so I would hold on to him in case of an injury. I would love to see all of these young defenseman all develop in front of our eyes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can appreciate what you're saying, but here's the way I look at it. You won't be a contender if you have glaring holes to begin with anyway. You now have 7 guys that you know can play well enough in the play-offs in what is in a lot of cases; the most important position come play-off time, because they eat the most minutes. One of your top 6 go down you have that 7th guy that we already know can handle the play-off war. I think that the only way they trade any of the 3 you mention is if a top 6 forward is out. If not; you give up maybe a 3rd rounder for a depth guy with play-off experience to fill in. Paille & Campbell already have shown they can step up when need be. Make these 3 (unless Morrow shows he's as hyped) part of the B's present & future. 

[/QUOTE]

That was my thought nite.  If one of the top 6 forwards suffers a season ending injury, they would more than likely be buyers at the deadline.  If Rask goes down, well, they're all done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Krug is excellent on the PP and has changed the dynamic of the power play in general.  He is somewhat of a liability 5 on 5 due to his size (clearing the front of the net is an impossibility).  That said he skates well and moves the puck when required.  You can also see his heart as he plays with emotion.   Hamilton has to be in the lineup everyday.  He has the size, can hit on occasion and is starting to move the puck quicker which got him into trouble in the past.  Both Krug and Hamilton have to be in the lineup.  Bartkowski puzzels me.  The announcers, as is most people think he is a solid d-man.  I can't say as if I have seen him do anything noteworthy.  He doesn't hit, he is average in most aspects, offence, skating etc. I guess he doesn't seem to get out of position but I really think he adds little to the team other than a decent emergency back up.  That's just my 2 cents.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I just wish Krug were a little bigger!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Hamilton's got all the tools to excel for a long time. He can hit, shoot, and make the crisp breakout pass. Krug has a skill set that few have on the backline, but obviously is undersized to play lots of minutes in all situations. I hope we sign him beyond this season. Bartkowski can do a little of everything. We're lucky to have them all developing at the NHL level at same time, and shouldn't be looking to move any of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I really like all 3 but will there be enough ice time to go aroungd for all 3?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All three have valued skills. Hamilton's size is an added benefit that should grow as he does, and gains experience. Bartkowski needs to play more often to repeat his good showing from last year, and is probably the steadiest and most consistent. Krug is dynamic as indicated by others. Don't forget that there are two or three Providence D-men with almost the same skills. Realistically, they may all be better than some of the existing veterans. Boychuck has never been the "thinking" man's choice, and a number of game losers have come from his backside circle. McQ is still learning, and easily replaces Thornton as a Bruins enforcer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Bartkowski may be the most polished. I think he's done developing, and he obviously has the lowest upside, but he's pretty solid. I think the game against Columbus he made a few turnovers, but I think it was just rust. He's pretty sound in all parts of the game. There's no shame in being a 24 year old (?) who's just a #5 or so defenseman (maybe not on this team, but on most teams). Confident with him in there.

Krug is obviously electrifying. He works the blue line tremendously on the power play, and his ability to be a one-man breakout is impressive. He's not going to be a shutdown guy ever, but he brings a dynamic to this team that hasn't been seen around here in a long time. A team that has long been known for having 6 thumpers on the blue line now has an interesting dynamic.

Dougie doesn't appear to have the skating stride that he was touted for. Maybe he's just deceptively fast, I don't know, but I just don't see the speed. His ability to make the stretch pass comes as advertised, and his upside defensively is obviously there. If he can fill out and just play as strong as, say, McQuaid, he could very well be a top pairing defenseman in a year or two, strictly due to his two-way play.

I'm very excited about these guys. I don't see them trading any of them or the veterans that they have, even if the guys in Providence show something. If guys like Morrow or Trotman show something in Providence, they're more likely to be traded with a draft pick (if some pieces are needed, which they almost always are at the deadline, if for nothing more than to just get better, even if they're beating up on everyone). As many have said about the Bruins, their window for championships is now, and they'll likely stick with their proven commodities. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Varying differences on Bartkowski. Great thing is the 3 of them are progressing and Providence has at least 3 or 4 who are knocking at Boston's dressing room door.

Oh joy in Dogville!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

PC and the Bruins are amassing a very strong contingent of blueliners as evidenced by all of the comments on this post. The next step for proving how good the trio of Hamilton, Krug & Bartkowski are getting will be when we see CJ start giving the veterans some games off and still maintaining a low GA dressing all three of the youngsters.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:[QUOTE]

I really like all 3 but will there be enough ice time to go aroungd for all 3? [/QUOTE]

Good question

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bartkowski - Yes he was shaky at times yeasterday but I think it was because of rust. I didn't see him skate the puck out of his own zone at all and he did that quite a bit last year after he got called up. He is not physical enough in his own end, especially in the corners. One thing Bartkowski is not, he is no "BUM".

Hamilton - Offensively I think he is great and will get better. He got beat in transition coming across the blueline all game long against Colorado. Great raw talent who needs some work with his one on one battles. Easy fixes.

Krug - Best of the three this season so far. Torey creates so many offensive chances for his forwards it's ridiculous. Scrambles a bit in his own end, kinda like mini-panic modes sometimes. He will probably need some more muscle up top to handle the bigger forwards along the boards better.

I like the Bruins blueline furture a lot.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 99.9% lets keep the d we have now it a good depth of players. Vets mixed with youth Chara Boys, Sieds Krug, Mcquaid (Bart and Hamilton can share games).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree Bo...Bo knows!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think Krug's spot should be considered safe.  Hamilton can be just as effective on the PP, and while I think Krug has been better positionally, Hamilton is better physically.  Bartkowski deserves to play, they all deserve to play, but to quote William Munny, deserve's got nothing to do with it.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]

I just wish Krug were a little bigger! [/QUOTE]

How many NHL scouts wished they hadn't said that ?