BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic Has Broken Toe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic Has Broken Toe

Probably not a big deal since Nathan Horton took him over to get a cortisone shot.

But here's what happened: Tyler Seguin nailed Milan big time with a hard slap shot that hit him in the foot.

Reporters wanted to know why Lucic was not available.

Claude wouldn't say.

This is the reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic Has Broken Toe

If this were baseball he would be out for the rest of the playoffs and next season....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

link ? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Lucic wasn't playing that well (until very recently) anyway... makes for a good excuse though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Is this another "Mark my words" post?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

I learned this through direct sources.  There is no link. This is the first time this has been published

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

You'll read about this soon. Julien has no comment. But he can't deny this.
    I hear Lucic plays-- but I wonder if this could bother him.

seguiin hit him...nathan took him to get the shot.  This is fact

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

You know what happens to the bearer of bad news don't you?

Sorry for the lame humor. Thanks for the info. I feel worse about our chances now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Look, I'm a Bs fan...I'm just telling you what I know.

Fluto says Lucic was walking "with a noticeable limp".

Lucic is on the ice...he WILL play...but this could be an issue.  Hope not too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic Has Broken Toe:
    [QUOTE]You'll read about this soon. Julien has no comment. But he can't deny this. I hear Lucic plays-- but I wonder if this could bother him. seguiin hit him...nathan took him to get the shot.  This is fact
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTE]

Where did Nathan take him to get the shot, the CVS walk-in clinic?  Come on man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If true, then suck it up, buttercup. Freeze it and get out on the ice.

If Baun can play with a broken leg, you can play with a broken toe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Is it normal to be practicing this way the day of a playoff game (and by "this way" I mean having your only 30 goal scorer in front of the net while your 19-year-old rookie practices his slap shot?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

I don't know where he got  the shot.    But the fact his buddy and neighbor nathan took him--- tells me its NOT that big a deal.

I've posted here for several years.  Think I have credibility. IF ANYTHING I say is not true--you can rip me. Go fot it!

Trust me, this is all correct.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

well he sure isn't playing like he's hurt. Great game so far for Looch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

suck it up, he has 9 other toes!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Its the bull to the shiznit as the kids say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Its the bull to the shiznit as the kids say.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

What kid have you ever heard actually say that?

And WOOOOOOOO!!!! 1000th post!

(I have no life :p ) - Actually scratch that, it took me four years. I see C.C. has 1,500 in four months, so nevermind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic Has Broken Toe : What kid have you ever heard actually say that? And WOOOOOOOO!!!! 1000th post! (I have no life :p ) - Actually scratch that, it took me four years. I see C.C. has 1,500 in four months, so nevermind.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

riding with the king gets that in a week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic Has Broken Toe : What kid have you ever heard actually say that? And WOOOOOOOO!!!! 1000th post! (I have no life :p ) - Actually scratch that, it took me four years. I see C.C. has 1,500 in four months, so nevermind.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

The cool ones on the tv.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No broken toe but broken shot.  He cannot miss those empty nets.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to BREAKING NEWS: Milan Lucic Has Broken Toe:
    [QUOTE]Probably not a big deal since Nathan Horton took him over to get a cortisone shot.
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTE]

Since when did they start giving cortisone shots for broken toes? In fact, any cortisone shot in or near a broken bone is a giant no-no.

http://www.justanswer.com/health/1s7bc-not-want-cortisone-shot-broken.html

So yeah, ummm, nice try.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

basically, this guy saw Fluto's tweets, (you weren't the first one to publish this). seguin did hit him in the foot with a shot, he didn't practice this morning, but hes fine and won't have any problems....way to break news that fluto already broke 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

We'll only find out in July.  By the way, there is official source to this "alleged" injury.  Lucic played, and until he's out of the lineup, that "fact" will stay on these boards.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

I am in the medical field and I know Cortisone shots arent a treatment for fractures. This is very fishy. In fact steroids hamper bone healing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]I am in the medical field and I know Cortisone shots arent a treatment for fractures. This is very fishy. In fact steroids hamper bone healing. 
    Posted by mjhernon[/QUOTE]
    Do your homework, the bones  in your toes are very soft, not like a brittle bone that actually breaks but become like a slight fracture or tear. I have had many and cortisone shots in the joint of the foot to toe releive pain, the shot doesnt directly go to the so called break.