Breathe & relax

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Breathe & relax

Sure they blew this one but they did what they had to do.....win at least one in TB...we got the home ice back....s(hit) happens...it's not the end of the world....yet (6:00pm)! They'll be okay...live and learn...it's one game and it's TB's series to lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Breathe & relax

Relax?...RELAX???  Relaxing is what lost that game

They were a period and a half and a comfortable lead away from being up 3 games to 1 and putting themselves one win away from a Stanley Cup Final......and they BLEW IT!!!!

If they lose this series, this game will be the main reason why.  It's nothing to be all blase and joe cool about.  It never should have happened.  And we have every right to be furious

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

In Response to Re: Breathe & relax:
    [QUOTE]Relax?...RELAX???  Relaxing is what lost that game They were a period and a half and a comfortable lead away from being up 3 games to 1 and putting themselves one win away from a Stanley Cup Final......and they BLEW IT!!!! If they lose this series, this game will be the main reason why.  It's nothing to be all blase and joe cool about.  It never should have happened.  And we have every right to be furious
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Whose to say that I'm not upset? Sure, it was a crushing defeat but it happens. The best thing for the team is to learn and move on to game 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Breathe & relax : Whose to say that I'm not upset? Sure, it was a crushing defeat but it happens. The best thing for the team is to learn and move on to game 5.
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's great....but you and me don't play for the team

We're fans.  Our mood and reaction doesn't mean anything.  We can't affect what happens in the next game, no more that we could have stopped the train wreck we just witnessed.  

We're at their mercy.  And once again, they've made us to suffer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Breathe & relax : Yeah that's great....but you and me don't play for the team We're fans.  Our mood and reaction doesn't mean anything.  We can't affect what happens in the next game, no more that we could have stopped the train wreck we just witnessed.   We're at their mercy.  And once again, they've made us to suffer

Get a grip buddy...you can choose to remain in misery or move on...it's your choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'll start worrying if the b's lose game five....

just a week ago it looked like the Lightning were going to steamroll the b's....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Good post, it was a bad loss, but the series is still 2-2 and they have home ice back.  Best of 3, I like the Bruins chances.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Breathe & relax : Get a grip buddy... you can choose to remain in misery or move on...it's your choice.

Well said mattman ...this one will learn them that a 3-0 in the playoffs is not a comfortable lead if you stop skating and start to protect the lead ...lots of young players on our team that will learn from that lost ...

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

[QUOTE]None of us know what to expect on Monday.   1. Did anyone expect a non effort in Game 1? I think not. 2. Did anyone expect a Seguin coming out party in Game 2? I think not. 1. Did anyone expect the best effort of the season in Game 3?  I think not. 2. Did anyone expect this embarrassing choke job toady? I think not. For either team Game 5 IS  series.  Period.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

True...game 5 will be big...but like Jake says, I like our chances being at home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

You know what would be nice

If we could say, "I like our chances being at home in game 5" with 3-1 series lead......but we can't say that can we?

And what's all this opptimism about being the home team?  This team has been better on the road.  Are you all forgetting that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good post Matt I waited to come back at the start of the Sox game to see all the knee jerk cry baby posts by the whiners. Tampa is a very good team and they showed why they are in contention for the cup. Most so called experts said this was going to be a long series and this time they were right.

Game 5s are the most pivotal games in any 7 game series in any sport. The Bolts adjusted at home the Bruins did not. Arniel, Caron, Kampfer, Rask or Wonder Whitfield aren't going to save the Bruins at home today's lineup will get the win Monday. I'm confident the Bruins will get it done just like they did after game 1s loss.

I'm getting a good cackle reading all these freaked out so called Bruins fans posts pretty funny. As always I'm breathing and realxing just like I did after game 2 in the Montreal series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Breathe & relax:
    [QUOTE]Sure they blew this one but they did what they had to do.....win at least one in TB...we got the home ice back....s(hit) happens...it's not the end of the world....yet (6:00pm)! They'll be okay...live and learn...it's one game and it's TB's series to lose.

i LOVE IT!!! Advice on how to handle playoff advice from a BRUINS FAN!! Well, I guess they have had enough experience

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Good post Matt I waited to come back at the start of the Sox game to see all the knee jerk cry baby posts by the whiners. Tampa is a very good team and they showed why they are in contention for the cup. Most so called experts said this was going to be a long series and this time they were right. Game 5s are the most pivotal games in any 7 game series in any sport. The Bolts adjusted at home the Bruins did not. Arniel, Caron, Kampfer, Rask or Wonder Whitfield aren't going to save the Bruins at home today's lineup will get the win Monday. I'm confident the Bruins will get it done just like they did after game 1s loss. I'm getting a good cackle reading all these freaked out so called Bruins fans posts pretty funny. As always I'm breathing and realxing just like I did after game 2 in the Montreal series.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    all the fraud's are out today. not offering anything about the game of course. just how thomas is awful and lost the bruins the game, along with kaberle,recchi,seguin and lucic. oh and i almost forgot they are back on the fire the coach wagon. it must be sad watching the team u supposedly have a rooting interest in and then as soon as the bruins are unable to win rush to the computer to jump off the bandwagon. funny how for the last 4 days they were absent from this forum. trolls!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Breathe & relax : Well said mattman ...this one will learn them that a 3-0 in the playoffs is not a comfortable lead if you stop skating and start to protect the lead ...lots of young players on our team that will learn from that lost ... Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they should have "learned" in game 2 where the only reason TB didn't come back 3 goals is that they ran out of time. When is this team going to figure it out -- they are not the type of team that can sit on any lead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Yeah...it who have been nice to learn that lesson after game 2 but it happens...the boys will be fine and will be ripping to go on Monday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Breathe & relax : Unfortunately they should have "learned" in game 2 where the only reason TB didn't come back 3 goals is that they ran out of time. When is this team going to figure it out -- they are not the type of team that can sit on any lead.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    Zam, I've tried to avoid getting into the TT bashing because he's done too much for this team to sell him out now. I guess I have to though since I disagree they were sitting back at all(shots were TB 27-Bos 21 after the first period) as this game was easily winnable if TT was on his game. Fortunately he's given me every reason to believe he'll be solid on Monday with game 5 on the line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Breathe & relax : Yeah that's great....but you and me don't play for the team We're fans.  Our mood and reaction doesn't mean anything.  We can't affect what happens in the next game, no more that we could have stopped the train wreck we just witnessed.   We're at their mercy.  And once again, they've made us to suffer

It was disconceting and I share your frustration, but 2 things I'd like to point out as I try to shift from my usual mode of automatic pessimism to a more hopeful perspective:

1)You have to think of it this way: If someone had said to you, would you take a 2-2 series heading back to Boston w/home ice advantage, not knowing the details of how that 2-2 situation happened, you'd probably say yes. Those are the facts after 4 games, and blowing the lead in game 4 is now history. They're tied heading back home w/an oppty. to take the lead again.

2) when have the Bruins ever done anything the easy the way? W/the exception of the flyers series (and even that had its uh-oh moments) this is the Bruins way. The series is not over. They blew a chance and yes, they NEVER should have lost that game yest.....but it's still anyone's series, and it's 2-2, and game 4 no longer matters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bottom line.  Series is tied 2-2.  Game 3 I would say they would beat anyone.  Game 1 I would say the Islanders cold beat us.  This team is as bi-polar as the fans that cheer for it(me included). 

Boston will be in the Cup finals!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Had a night to sleep it off.  Took the dog for a walk.  Had some breakfast

And you know what....I'm STILL mad!!!

How could they do this to us again?  Why should we have to muster up some phony optimism to make ourselves feel better right now?  They should be up 3-1.  We SHOULD be excited about game 5.  But excited because it should be a close out game.  The game they win to propel themselves into the Stanley....Cup....f'n.....Finals

Now, all I can do is sit here and think how they once again blew a big lead and how they very well could be eliminated at some point this week because of it

This is awful guys.  Stop pretending it isn't

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

dont make excuses... they had thm and let thm back into the series... remember philly last year....     the bruins were soft and pathetic...  the bruins got beat at thier own game   try checking sombody sometime...   2 firsts for kaberle... ya great trade... put nihtey or kampher in the lineup  it cant hurt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line.  Series is tied 2-2.  Game 3 I would say they would beat anyone.  Game 1 I would say the Islanders cold beat us.  This team is as bi-polar as the fans that cheer for it(me included).  Boston will be in the Cup finals!!!
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Well said, shupe.  They got the split away which is a lot better than returning for Game 5 down 3-1.  TB is a dangerous club that has done what we'd expect contending teams to do; take advantage of the opposition's mistakes.  The Bruins have done it and unfortunately had it done to them.  Those same errors have assisted TB in making the B's active participants in their own defeats. 

It was the B's who allowed TB back into it to make Game 2 so close and they loosened their hold on yesterday's contest so much, TB grabbed it and clubbed them over the head with it.  In both games, it wasn't like TB took control from the firm grip the Bruins had on them.  The B's let go.

No disrespect intended but if the Bruins played with the same mentality as some of the comments around here, as passionate as they are illogical, it would be hard seeing the Bruins in position to win anything.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Swerengen - I'm with you on this one, and it's not like we aren't normally optimistic fans. We are. Can't remember how many times we've sat here telling other people to relax. This one has me grinding my gears as well.

2-2 is all well in good, but it IS important how they got there. Tampa dominated in Game 1, and showed they could've won Game 2 if not for running out of time. Game 3 is called a Bruins domination, but both teams shut down chances and the only difference was one breakdown leading to the first goal and a fluky soft goal in the 3rd.

All well and good, and I was feeling positive going into Game 4. I even would have been ok if they lost the game because their offense couldn't muster the goals. But that's not what happened. What happened is Boston had an explosive Tampa team on the ropes, and could've put a decisive win together that made them turtle up for the rest of the series. Instead, they take their foot off the gas (again), sit back on their heels (again), let in soft goals (again), stop hitting (again) and do nothing about the obvious change in momentum (again). Now Tampa is feeling they have every right tom win this series and have been the better team for longer stretches of time, which they have been.

I'm not afraid to cheer and will go into these 3 games thinking the Bs can pull it off. I can still feel that way AND be ticked that they had them against the ropes and let them off. Again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Swerengen, bet you weren't expecting the b's to still be playing after they had dropped the first two in the opening round?....  i didn't....

enjoy the run my friend....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I remember when Boston lost those Cup finals to EDM back in the day and thought, well heck, the better team won. The off-season felt fine. I was proud of the team and proud to be a fan.

If Tampa wins this series, how are we going to feel? It's one thing to make it to the ECF and to feel good about that, but it's another thing to see how they lost Game 4 and to know, deep down, that it shouldn't have happened.

It's only 2 losses and a series win will erase all memories of it. I'm optimistic that will happen. But I guess at this point I want the wins to be earned by either team, not gift-wrapped. Too late in the season for such nonsense, and if Boston drops this one we'll all be thinking of Game 4 and it will not be a good feeling.