Bruin Signings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Bruin Signings

Zach McKelvie  1yr...I presume he's finished his tour in the Army ? He's 26 and another D man.

Jamie Tardif  2yr / 1.2 mil total... 26yrs old. Drafted in 2003 by the Flames...RW...played last year in Grand Rapids..

Josh Hennessy...1yr/ 600k....26yrs...Drafted by San Jose also in 2003..Played last year in Switzerland...Plays Center

Lot's of competition this fall not only to make the Bruins but also Providence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: Bruin Signings

Like him or not, PC has set the Bruins up well for the future...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Don't forget Craig Cunningham.  Still only 20 (21 in September) signed to a 3-yr/$1.845M deal ($615k per).  I am really interested to see how this late-bloomer continues to develop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin Signings:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget Craig Cunningham.  Still only 20 (21 in September) signed to a 3-yr/$1.845M deal ($615k per).  I am really interested to see how this late-bloomer continues to develop.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Thanks Crowls !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin Signings:[QUOTE]Don't forget Craig Cunningham.  Still only 20 (21 in September) signed to a 3-yr/$1.845M deal ($615k per).  I am really interested to see how this late-bloomer continues to develop.Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

It will be all about how Cassidy shuffles Caron and Sauve on which lines for chemistry. Caron responded late with Knight and Spooner last season but won't have either as they head back to the OHL. Craig might have chemistry with Sauve which would be good for both so yes we'll see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It's been awhile since Boston has had a good team at both levels. I hope this is the year that lots of the kids in Prov take the next step in evolving as a pro. I expect guys like Caron and yes, even Hamill, to put up pretty good numbers on the farm this year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This will be a fair and final test for Hamill.  Excuses are excuses, but ... whether it was the broken wrist or a lack of talent to play with or less than supporting/stellar coaching, there was always something you could blame Hamill's less than impressive performance on, at least in part.  This year, he's one of a number of guys with talent and experience, so there's no reason for him not to play up to whatever potential he actually has.  I continue to be curious about him - he has something.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget Craig Cunningham.  Still only 20 (21 in September) signed to a 3-yr/$1.845M deal ($615k per).  I am really interested to see how this late-bloomer continues to develop.

I'm interested to see what this guy has.  Looch suggested they take a chance on him, so they did.  Maybe he'll be decent?  We'll see in Providence this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruin Signings : I'm interested to see what this guy has.  Looch suggested they take a chance on him, so they did.  Maybe he'll be decent?  We'll see in Providence this year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agree NAS, Cunnigham is headed to Providence.

Did you just call Lucic "Looch" in your post?  I am throwing the flag on that one for violating your no-nickname policy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruin Signings : Agree NAS, Cunnigham is headed to Providence. Did you just call Lucic "Looch" in your post?  I am throwing the flag on that one for violating your no-nickname policy. 

You're correct.  My mistake.  I'll take my 15 yards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Personal foul.

Did Looch (freebie) play with Cunningham in Juniors ?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chiarelli has done a superb job in re-building the Bruins. Mike O'C contributed with a few goodies, but Chiarelli has evolve peices, starting with 'bigger and faster" at the NHL level; giving Claude enough rope to sink or swim;changing the draft to younger players with future potential;retaining Cassidy after dumping Murray; all solid building blocks. Now he has Sweeney, Neely and others directly involved in a solid franchise where we should not forget that Jacobs signs the checks, and was front and center at the Parade, while retaining a hands off management commitment. It isn't easy to allow others to manage your money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Personal foul. Did Looch (freebie) play with Cunningham in Juniors ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

MILAN LUCIC (bite it) played with Craig Cunningham on the Giants in '06-07.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone play against Hennessy growing up?  Isn't he from Brockton?

As far as the signings, I just love the fact that Chiarelli could sit in the weeds and ignore the whole frenzy this year.  Any signings that he made are still a distant second to his success in NOT going crazy like other GMs.  I think we will look back on this free agency (July, 2011) as a period of insanity that sank several teams for years to come.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"If clubs find the arbitration price unsavory, they can refuse to pay, immediately rendering the player an unrestricted free agent. “I’d anticipate some buyouts and maybe some walkaways,’’ noted Chiarelli. “We try to stay close to that, and if there is someone there who interests us, we’ve got some [cap] flexibility.’’ The obvious place for Chiarelli to look would be on defense,"

PC could find some steals if teams walk away from rulings keep that in mind. Waiting and being patient during and after the July 1st frenzy just might pay off for the Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I was very impressed with him during the rookie camp.  I only went the first day, but from what I saw, he has an amazing shot.  Surprisingly quick too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruin Signings : You're correct.  My mistake.  I'll take my 15 yards.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I just thought you and "Looch" might be boys now, hanging out on the weekends.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Chiarelli is the best GM is boston at this point

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]"If clubs find the arbitration price unsavory, they can refuse to pay, immediately rendering the player an unrestricted free agent. “I’d anticipate some buyouts and maybe some walkaways,’’ noted Chiarelli. “We try to stay close to that, and if there is someone there who interests us, we’ve got some [cap] flexibility.’’ The obvious place for Chiarelli to look would be on defense," PC could find some steals if teams walk away from rulings keep that in mind. Waiting and being patient during and after the July 1st frenzy just might pay off for the Bruins.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Good point, I agree... in particular, I am thinking about some young talent on the Rangers filing for arbitration.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Frothing at the mouth for Dubinsky or Callahan. Slats has dug another hole for himself. MSG should just let Gorton have the job now!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Frothing at the mouth for Dubinsky or Callahan. Slats has dug another hole for himself. MSG should just let Gorton have the job now!

I love Callahan.  Such an underrated player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Frothing at the mouth for Dubinsky or Callahan. Slats has dug another hole for himself. MSG should just let Gorton have the job now!

It would be great, but where would they play?