BRUINS an 8 cylinders working on 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: BRUINS an 8 cylinders working on 7

Congrats to PC for keeping Thornton and shipping Spooner with Providence, smart move !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:[QUOTE]

Agreed. And scoring under 3 goals per game is not great, but not so bad when you are only giving up under 2 goals per game.

Let's see how they play through Florida this week...[/QUOTE]

Game 1 the offense looked great against an AHL team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Spooner is better off honing his skills getting 20 minutes of ice time in the AHL than he is playing with Campbell and Paille getting 10 minutes. He'll get a shot in the NHL at some point (I've been rooting for him all along, but it's a waste to put him with 3rd or 4th liners...it'll actually have a negative effect).

The Bruins will be fine. They got goals last night from Reilly Smith, Dougie Hamilton, and Daniel Paille. If they're able to win games, no matter how weak the opponent is, without the big guns putting up points, they're going to be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Looked to me as if the ice was clogged and the Bruins trainer was not told to expect slow ice as he sharpened their skates. At the same time I cannot continue to watch without questioning Claude's decisions. First, he wants to motivate Marchand who can really be lazy at times, so he moves a known scorer to Kelly's line and Rielly Smith[ a solid player] but not a known scorer to Bergeron's line where bergie is allready trying to establish something with Eriksson. Why give Bergie two issues to solve Claude ?? I'm with Stanley on Thornton who could easily be replaced by Fraser or Johnson who are both working and producing in Providence. Why not Claude ??? I tend to agree with those who want to swap Iginla and Eriksson. Why not Claude ? I don't perceive these questions to be Claude bashing, just observations on the slow to develop Bruins team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Thornton who could easily be replaced by Fraser or Johnson who are both working and producing in Providence. Why not Claude ???'

Because Campbell, Thornton and Kelly are his guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Shawn Thornton                                                                                                     7   1   0    1  

Ryan Spooner Providence Bruins 6 2 3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sandog, you hit it. Claude has his favorites even though Chia has presented better skilled players that should be integrated. Kelly and Campbell deserve to be favorite players. Thornton only deserves to have always given his best, and should be relegated to cheer leader.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It ain't broke, folks.  Stop trying to fix it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Will you let us know when it's ok to suggest changes? Thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They've played 8.5% of the season.  They went to the Cup Finals 2 of the last 3 years.  They lost a few guys and brought in a few guys.  They have a plan that they've talked about at length internally that they think will work.  It is.  When it stops working, they'll make changes.  It's really not too difficult to understand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can post whatever ideas you want, as long as you're okay with people giving honest feedback and not fawning over them.  If your ideas seem dumb, people might say so, that's all.

As hang mentions above, they've been to 2 of the last 3 finals and are winning again so far this year.  Demanding that rookies and AHL players suddenly be inserted into the lineup might be met with some opposition.

Stanley can compare Spooner's (an AHL first line scorer) stats to Thronton's (a 4th line NHL role player) stats as many times as he wants, and it will never make any sort of a coherent argument for one guy or the other.  

It's like saying apples taste better than oranges, so I like polar bears.

Instead of just throwing out names of minor league players and assuming that they will improve the winning ways of an already winning team, after 6 games, how about providing some analysis of why and how Nick Johnson would suddenly re-invent himself and play better than the guys Julien likes and trusts.  I'm all ears to good ideas...with good reasoning...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can post whatever ideas you want, as long as you're okay with people giving honest feedback and not fawning over them.  If your ideas seem dumb, people might say so, that's all.

As hang mentions above, they've been to 2 of the last 3 finals and are winning again so far this year.  Demanding that rookies and AHL players suddenly be inserted into the lineup might be met with some opposition.

Stanley can compare Spooner's (an AHL first line scorer) stats to Thronton's (a 4th line NHL role player) stats as many times as he wants, and it will never make any sort of a coherent argument for one guy or the other.  

Instead of just throwing out names of minor league players and assuming that they will improve the winning ways of an already winning team, after 6 games, how about providing some analysis of why and how Nick Johnson would suddenly re-invent himself and play better than the guys Julien likes and trusts.  I'm all ears to good ideas...with good reasoning...

[/QUOTE]

My grandma would be an improvment over Thornton....the guy has no more legs, no speed no sense of hockey ....the BRUINS are wasting a roster spot ...its unreal its even worst than the lemon's situation last season ....we had 3 stooges last year in the line up Pandolfo, the Lemon and ST ....2 out of 3 are gone ...time to give some ice time to a talented player and stop wasting our time with ST ....h has been good for the team but now he is a cancer......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My grandma would be an improvment over Thornton....the guy has no more legs, no speed no sense of hockey ....the BRUINS are wasting a roster spot ...its unreal its even worst than the lemon's situation last season ....we had 3 stooges last year in the line up Pandolfo, the Lemon and ST ....2 out of 3 are gone ...time to give some ice time to a talented player and stop wasting our time with ST ....h has been good for the team but now he is a cancer......

[/QUOTE]

i hate you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

i've defended Thornton in the past but he has been really bad so far this year. he looks like he might be all done. 

but just like Jonny Gomes is more important than his stats, Thornton adds something to the team in terms of attitude and energy and that's still an important piece for the team. that can be maintained on a part-time basis, though, so he should be scratched occasionally when the B's are playing garden-variety opponents that are unlikely to involve high intensity games. in those situations the fresh energy of a young kid (Caron, Spooner) can be more useful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i hate you

[/QUOTE]

WHAT ????  You hate me ??   I love you !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

i've defended Thornton in the past but he has been really bad so far this year. he looks like he might be all done. 

but just like Jonny Gomes is more important than his stats, Thornton adds something to the team in terms of attitude and energy and that's still an important piece for the team. that can be maintained on a part-time basis, though, so he should be scratched occasionally when the B's are playing garden-variety opponents that are unlikely to involve high intensity games. in those situations the fresh energy of a young kid (Caron, Spooner) can be more useful.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all off that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ok lets say the BRUINS need ST to protect Chara, Fat, McQuaid, Boychuck, and so on.....wouldnt Nick Johnson (who scored 2 more goals Friday) or Spooner be an upgrade over Caron ???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude's insistance on playing Thornton is a disservice to the team and the fans. A skilled winger will make both Campbell and Paille better, and provide the Bruins with four effective lines. Last night , only Kreji's line was in the game. Adding a wannabee on the 4th line could have been the difference in stirring the Bruins from lethargy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Claude's insistance on playing Thornton is a disservice to the team and the fans. A skilled winger will make both Campbell and Paille better, and provide the Bruins with four effective lines. Last night , only Kreji's line was in the game. Adding a wannabee on the 4th line could have been the difference in stirring the Bruins from lethargy

bogie you should learn how to copy and paste, it would save you a lot of typing.

I'll show you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am glad to see that another fan knows the game ......