Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league.

Do you guys agree with that quote? Its interesting that I never really qualified it to myself like that.

But it seems true, Lucic being the best PWF is arguable depending on who you include as true PWF's. Obviously Perry /> Lucic but is Perry a true PWF?

Its also a good relief to think about statements like this when you read comments on TSN and etc.. where our team is constantly referred to as a bunch of "talentless goons" "thomas is lucky" "chara cant skate" etc....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league.

Nash is a better power forward without question

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league.

In Response to Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league.:
    [QUOTE]Nash is a better power forward without question
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    I qualify Nash as more a finesse player than a power forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league. : I qualify Nash as more a finesse player than a power forward.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

In fact I would much rather have Lucic than Nash anyways. In terms of cap hit, toughness, and playing a true PWF forechecking game Lucic is the more valuable player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

yeah, Nash is a big dude, but not enough of a physical player to put him in the power forward category, Perry definetly, very physical player.  Lucic might be  one ofthe best  power forwards but I wouldn't put him on top yet. When you say best young young forward I assume it's Seguin. Not enough to seperate him from the pack just yet but he'll be there soon enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Homer.

the bruins have a lot of strengths without needing superlatives to maintain them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Funny you should post this, I always thought we had a lot more superlative players then we are given credit for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It's all subjective (Iginla/Getzlaf, Skinner/Coture, Lidstrom/Weber, for starters) but no doubt they are all in the upper echelon of players at their respective positions. You left off best 2 way center as well, Bergeron is the straw that stirs the whole drink.

I'd rather have the best team than the best individual players any day. Individual accomplishment is for chumps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No way is Lucic the best power forward in the league.

Seguin has not pulled away from Duchene/Hall/RNH/Skinner/Tavares etc. etc.  Stamkos is a young forward too.  Seguin is one of a very strong pack.  Not the best yet, by any means.

Chara might be the best all-around D-man

Thomas might be the best goalie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]No way is Lucic the best power forward in the league. Seguin has not pulled away from Duchene/Hall/RNH/Skinner/Tavares etc. etc.  Stamkos is a young forward too.  Seguin is one of a very strong pack.  Not the best yet, by any means. Chara might be the best all-around D-man Thomas might be the best goalie.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Well said, and until they are playing golf while there is still playoff hockey being played or watching from their bench as another team raises Stanley, the Bruins are the best team.

Thats all that matters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

maybe say best forward still on his entry level contract, that could be more accurate for seguin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Bruins have a well rounded team with all areas well represented.

We're riding high right now but there will undoubtedly be lows again during the season.

When we are having them just remember how good our team is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Hockey News named Lucic best power forward.  Perry was in the running, and it was some kind of vote (I'd like to know if it was peers, GMs, media or all of the above), so you could see who fell where.  Perry was behind Getzlaf, I think.  Lucic hits harder and is a scarier fighter than Perry, although Perry scores more.  But there's more to Best power forward than goals, right?

Right now, if you look at points and plus-minus, Tyler Seguin is ahead of every player drafted since 2006.  Does that equate to best young forward?  Maybe not.  But he's 8th in the league in scoring on a Bruins team that hasn't had a guy top 70 points in years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]The Hockey News named Lucic best power forward.  Perry was in the running, and it was some kind of vote (I'd like to know if it was peers, GMs, media or all of the above), so you could see who fell where.  Perry was behind Getzlaf, I think.  Lucic hits harder and is a scarier fighter than Perry, although Perry scores more.  But there's more to Best power forward than goals, right? Right now, if you look at points and plus-minus, Tyler Seguin is ahead of every player drafted since 2006.  Does that equate to best young forward?  Maybe not.  But he's 8th in the league in scoring on a Bruins team that hasn't had a guy top 70 points in years.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Ah, last year Perry was league MVP, had 20 more goals than Lucic, and 36 more points.  They had very similar penalty minutes.

I don't know what the exact criteria is here, in relation to hits and who's harder to fight or whatever, but c'mon, is it even close?

I love Lucic, but he isn't the best power forward in the league unless you have some really strict definition.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league. : Ah, last year Perry was league MVP, had 20 more goals than Lucic, and 36 more points.  They had very similar penalty minutes. I don't know what the exact criteria is here, in relation to hits and who's harder to fight or whatever, but c'mon, is it even close? I love Lucic, but he isn't the best power forward in the league unless you have some really strict definition.

Who would you rather fight? I'd rather take on Perry if I HAD to choose.

Also we have the BEST shut-down playmaking center in the league.

Also the best agitator.

And best backup goalie.

Just wanted to add those.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league. : Who would you rather fight? I'd rather take on Perry if I HAD to choose. Also we have the BEST shut-down playmaking center in the league. Also the best agitator. And best backup goalie. Just wanted to add those.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Well of course.  There's no debate there.  Fighting is nice.  Scoring 50 goals is better.

I might go with Datsyuk for 'best shut-down playmaking center', but I love Bergy just as much as the next guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

When did Nash become a power forward? He fights like a girl and finished last year with 91 hits..........remind me again why anyone should read your blog? Oh yeah, because of your keen insights regarding how awful the Hawks would do.......when are they going to start playing bad?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Also we have the BEST shut-down playmaking center in the league.

Also the best agitator.

And best backup goalie.

Ummm. Pavel Datsyuk/Jordan Staal might have something to say about that 1st one.

I'm not sure marchand agitates players/people more than Cooke or Avery.

I'll agree with the back up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]
     I'm not sure marchand agitates players/people more than Cooke or Avery.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  He agitates his coach and several posters here a good deal more than Cooke or Avery...;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins are a solid team with best power forward, best young forward, best defenceman and best goalie in the league. : Wrong.  He agitates his coach and several posters here a good deal more than Cooke or Avery...;)

Can't argue that!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

The way Nash played in the Olympics was quite powerful--way more grit than what he plays with in Columbus. But I don't usually think of him when I think power forward

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The term "power forward" is fuzzy here.....
    The reason being, is that there is a player in the league today, who some deem to be one of/if not the best player in the league. Alex Ovechkin. Remember him? Yeah, we all did last year due to his pedestrian (for him) stats. But really? Ovie is simply too fast and skilled for the "power forward" game. He's slightly shorter (but heavier) than Lucic. I'd say that their hitting ability is pretty close, with Lucic getting a slight edge. I feel like when people think "power forward" on this board, you can't think of a guy who is fast and has great hands. Why? I'm pretty sure Nash or Ovechkin could take a p*** on Lucic at his own game, but they don't. Why? Because they are simply too skilled.
    If by "power forward", you have to fall under the categories of slow and light people up in the corners night after night, then yeah, Lucic might be the best to fall under both of those categories. However, we're drawing wayyy too thin of a crowd by saying that Nash isn't a power forward. He's a power forward playing the game with more finesse. Same with Ovie. Why? Because they can. Lucic doesn't have that option.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch, I'm just reporting what the Hockey News put out there.  Well, okay, I'm also looking for reasons to say they might be right, and I think it does come down to definition.  If you're asking guys who play against them things like who'd you rather fight, get hit by, try to move from in front of the net, battle on the boards, etc., most players are going to say they'd rather deal with Perry on those scores.  If you ask which of the two is likely to burn you more often on the score sheet, Perry wins, but let's not forget that his best season before last year was 32 goals, and he's 'on pace' for about 28 this year - which is right around his normal output (between 27 and 32 most years). 

I think we have the PF designation for that reason - not just a guy who scores the most or who is the best all around player (the way you might think of Ovechkin because he hits or Crosby because he's exceptionally strong on the boards).  It's a particular kind of game and being top notch across that power scorecard counts for as much or more than the scoring alone.  Sort of like the PF in basketball - guys like Karl Malone were a load down low, but they weren't in the same overall class as a guy like Jordan or Bird.  Even though those guys could also play the down low power game when they wanted to, you wouldn't say they were better PFs than Malone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

This comment is why I question some peoples hockey intelligence. Either you are clueless or you have never seen Nash play and are just making an assumption. No way is nash a power forward. When I think Power Forward, I think of CAM NEELY. So if you dont hit and score like Neely and get into a fight every now and then, youre not a power forward. Lucic does all of these. Nash does one...score. Iginla also comes to mine, not much of a fighter, but he has tangled a few times. Bertuzzi back in the day comes to mind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

If we don't have the best this or the best that, it doesn't matter.

We have the best team, and it is proven and that is all that matters.

I had a feeling this season would be special and the Bruins are proving me right.
    Let's enjoy it, in all its glory!