1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Bruins @ Kings GDT 1-9-14

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I allowed to say Rask is mediocre without getting killed in here.?  Afterall he did allow only 3 goals in 4 games last month.

[/QUOTE]

Why? because you have an opinion .... It's been going on for a couple of weeks, the Rask apologists on here will bend over backwards with excuses, but the proof has been there .. Two pulls from Claude now he can't be thrilled with it either....he just hasn't been his regular self...

[/QUOTE]

II'll be the first to admit I'm a Rask apologist. He almost looks lost out there, and what makes it worse is its at a time where the team needs him the most.

[/QUOTE]
    I want Timmy back.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Goalies and defencemen gather confidence from each other - there is a mutual understanding that they will bail each other out - when they are in kahoots they can just...play, unfettered by doubt or fear. Confidence, doubt and fear rise and fall like the stock exchange, sometimes quite wildly within the confines of a game, a period, a shift.

Goalies watch the bench to see which defenceman is coming out in which situations.

Perhaps, Seidenberg is one of those guys that just gives Rask a good feeling of security and confidence. Rask hasn't been the same since Seidenberg went out.

I was all for replacing Seidenberg from within (Miller), but watching Rask since Seidenberg's injury, I'm getting the feeling that Chiarelli must find a 'steady-eddie', if for no other reason than to restore Rask's sense of well-being.

Might also be time to look at bringing up Svedberg - Rask might be getting tired and looking down the pipe at the Olympics, then stretch-drive, then Playoffs - all without Seidenberg - and taking his eye off the puck a bit. Claude rides him hard, because Johnson isn't 'the guy' - that was established in Training Camp and I think Chiarelli and Julien thought it wouldn't matter because Rask would get the vast majority of the starts. But Rask and Johnson were never designed to be a 'goalie tandem'

Time to shore up the defence with a steady veteran presence and time to start thinking of a goalie tandem of Rask-Svedberg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Goalies and defencemen gather confidence from each other - there is a mutual understanding that they will bail each other out - when they are in kahoots they can just...play, unfettered by doubt or fear. Confidence, doubt and fear rise and fall like the stock exchange, sometimes quite wildly within the confines of a game, a period, a shift.

Goalies watch the bench to see which defenceman is coming out in which situations.

Perhaps, Seidenberg is one of those guys that just gives Rask a good feeling of security and confidence. Rask hasn't been the same since Seidenberg went out.

I was all for replacing Seidenberg from within (Miller), but watching Rask since Seidenberg's injury, I'm getting the feeling that Chiarelli must find a 'steady-eddie', if for no other reason than to restore Rask's sense of well-being.

Might also be time to look at bringing up Svedberg - Rask might be getting tired and looking down the pipe at the Olympics, then stretch-drive, then Playoffs - all without Seidenberg - and taking his eye off the puck a bit. Claude rides him hard, because Johnson isn't 'the guy' - that was established in Training Camp and I think Chiarelli and Julien thought it wouldn't matter because Rask would get the vast majority of the starts. But Rask and Johnson were never designed to be a 'goalie tandem'

Time to shore up the defence with a steady veteran presence and time to start thinking of a goalie tandem of Rask-Svedberg

[/QUOTE]

Yes they do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I did not get a chance to watch the game. I have seen the hi-lites.

I don't need to see more. It's a mid-season slump.

No sense getting your undershorts wedged up your a--!

They know what has to be done, they know how to work things out. Things will work out!

These Western Elite teams are getting their tires pumped up against a Bruins team that is far from full strength and is a shadow of what they really are. These teams will have a big surprise waiting for their butts if they meet up with the Bruins come playoff time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was at the game last night and sat 9 rows up behind Tuukka for both 2nd period goals. I felt that Rask could have come out a little more, to cut off the angle, on the Williams goal but I didn't think it was a bad goal. On the Martinez goal Rask was screened all the way, he did not see that puck. The 1st period goal the rebound bounced right to Carter's stick (how often does that happen ?) and of course the whole play started with a whiff giveaway by Boychuk.

Big mistake if Spooner and/or Florek get sent down when everyone gets healthy. Bergeron is in a serious funk. I was not laughing with Hamilton when he made that play out of the penalty box, neither was Julien. I never thought I would see an ice surface as bad as the Garden's but I did, Staples ice is terrible!

The knee jerk reactions on here are hilarious as usual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

We haven't played well the last few games, and that's when you pray your goalie plays well. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. A big effort (and win) against San Jose would feel good right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

WOW, whats wrong with me. I could really care less about hockey and the B's play. No way Im staying up for a west coast game when I live on the east coast. So they lost. Big deal. I really dont even care as long as they make the playoffs. I wish we could just fast forward to it, because I am still yawning during the regular season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

seems like I didn't miss much. a late goal by the rookie only made the game look closer than it really was....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW, whats wrong with me. I could really care less about hockey and the B's play. No way Im staying up for a west coast game when I live on the east coast. So they lost. Big deal. I really dont even care as long as they make the playoffs. I wish we could just fast forward to it, because I am still yawning during the regular season.

[/QUOTE]

Who really cares ? Really......who cares??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

As far as Rask play goes? I don't think it's the missing of Siedenberg. A goalie plays his style regardless of who's out on the ice. He doesn't have time to think about what d-man does what in what situation. Yes a goalie knows who's coming out, but that's more for how to play the puck for shoots-ins & how certain players like to have the puck settled & placed. I think the team as a whole has let Rask down as much as Rask letting his team down. I think it's more coincidence about Rask having a bad spell, then the missing of Seids. Sure there's things that he does better then some of the other d-men...(block a lot of shots) being one, but that's not the only issue. The B's have also been losing in an area that they're normally tops in the league & that is face-offs in their own zone. All 4 centermen have floundered in this overall in the past 10 games. It's one thing to have one centerman drop below the 50% mark who normally is at 53. But, to have all 4 of them drop anywhere from 62 to 21%? That's HUGE! The B's are used to having puck possession most of the time off the face-offs. Something like this can be distruptive & causes a ripple effect in the lineup.