Bruins @ Sharks 11/01/2014 GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Bruins @ Sharks 11/01/2014 GDT

Looking thru last nights lineup pretty much sums up the roster for this team - kelly on ir so when hes available then what ? I dont think they send spooner back and if that 3rd line from last night performs at best how they played last night does that create a trade for kelly or do they try him on the 4th line .? Kind of early touch wood no more injuries. I think also with the way miller is playing may be a good idea to somehow get krug and bartowski some rest, it may be that PC wont need to make a deal for another D but who knows.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jumbo Joe is a good player that plays at one level, whether its pre season,regular season or post season, its always the same level. Taking his game to another level? I don't know if its happened yet.

[/QUOTE]

I know ! You would think since Chiarelli snubbed him for Canada he'd have something to prove. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spooner making things happen on the goal! Now put SJ on lockdown by going after them like they were. Don't retreat.

[/QUOTE

Without Spooner's speed creating a loose puck and subsequent chip back to Soderberg along the wall........this goal doesn't happen. 

Great work by 51.

I've seen enough of him at the NHL level to be convinced ( or hope ) he should never see the inside of an AHL arena again. 

[/QUOTE]

what happend when Kelly returns ? I don;t see the Bruins scratching Kelly

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what happend when Kelly returns ? I don;t see the Bruins scratching Kelly

[/QUOTE]

I see Campbell and Thornton alternating as healthy scratches

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I think also with the way miller is playing may be a good idea to somehow get krug and bartowski some rest, it may be that PC wont need to make a deal for another D but who knows."

PC has to make a deal to get a #2 defenseman or the Bruins are not getting out of the Eastern Conference finals. If he has to take on salary then he has too. The Bruins spent most of last night in their own end because of young defenseman decesion making.

I think Julien shuffles Kelly and Spooner in and out of the 3rd line for a bit. I don't see Kelly on the 4th line but it would be an a good idea. Chiarelli will have to make salary roster moves to get Kelly back on the team and off of LTIR. Caron for an AHL defenseman, to replace Miller, will probably be the 1st deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Atta boi Tuukka. That should shut some of these pathetic pundits in this forum up! 

[/QUOTE]

This has been Rask worse game of the season. He's looking the wrong way, slow to react and he looks out of sorts in there.  Wonder who said this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

Atta boi Tuukka. That should shut some of these pathetic pundits in this forum up! 

[/QUOTE]

I don't recall anyone on here ever saying he's a bad goalie.  He is top 3 in the league even if he has bad games.  He does have bad games doesnt he?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I think also with the way miller is playing may be a good idea to somehow get krug and bartowski some rest, it may be that PC wont need to make a deal for another D but who knows."

PC has to make a deal to get a #2 defenseman or the Bruins are not getting out of the Eastern Conference finals. If he has to take on salary then he has too. The Bruins spent most of last night in their own end because of young defenseman decesion making.

I think Julien shuffles Kelly and Spooner in and out of the 3rd line for a bit. I don't see Kelly on the 4th line but it would be an a good idea. Chiarelli will have to make salary roster moves to get Kelly back on the team and off of LTIR. Caron for an AHL defenseman, to replace Miller, will probably be the 1st deal.

[/QUOTE]

Do the Bruins not have enough cap room to bring Kelly in off LTIR?

Can not just put Seidenberg on LTIR?

I assume the reason Eriksson and Hamilton were not put on LTIR was because the Bruins were not in a position to utilize their cap space. Both were out the minimum 10 games/24 days.

Caron for an AHL defenceman makes sense

Is the no 2 defenceman to pair up with Chara, cause I can't see that happening. That would be a blockbuster. If it's for the 2nd pairing that seems doable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to suffolkowner's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is the no 2 defenceman to pair up with Chara, cause I can't see that happening. That would be a blockbuster. If it's for the 2nd pairing that seems doable.

[/QUOTE]

I think the No 2 would pair with Chara in a shutdown role when needed... but would be on the 2nd D pairing in other situations for depth. This is the biggest need right now and it will be interesting to see how PC fills it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to suffolkowner's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the No 2 would pair with Chara in a shutdown role when needed... but would be on the 2nd D pairing in other situations for depth. This is the biggest need right now and it will be interesting to see how PC fills it.

[/QUOTE]

I can see this. it all depends on your pesonel obviously, how you deploy them. Is it 1-2,3-4,5-6, or 

1-4,2-3,5-6, or

1-3, 2-4,5-6, or 

1-6,2-5,3-4

or some combination with situational adjustments/special teams. I think the Bruins are a option 2 or 3 with situationaladjustments/special teams. Primarily because as of now I not confident with a Hamilton/Boychuk 2nd pairing especially when one considers they are both RD. Seidenberg had been the only D to consistently play his offside.

I think RD are much worse at playing their offside than LD due to the lack of right shooting defenceman throughout hockey, thus they have had less chance/time to get used to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This has been Rask worse game of the season. He's looking the wrong way, slow to react and he looks out of sorts in there.  Wonder who said this?

[/QUOTE]

In 1 GAME! I did say that, but I wasn't totally blaming him & saying "I want Timmy back". I said it was a "to be expected slump". Really kitchener. Sometimes does your as shole get tired of the amount of shiiit that comes out of your mouth? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I see Campbell and Thornton alternating as healthy scratches

[/QUOTE]

When Kelly comes back you will see Spooner taking a seat upstairs at some point as well. Not as a "you're not playing well enough" type thing. More as a "Have a look from up here" type reason. I think CJ will want to have his full- right after training camp roster as much as possible on the ice as soon as he can. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In 1 GAME! I did say that, but I wasn't totally blaming him & saying "I want Timmy back". I said it was a "to be expected slump". Really kitchener. Sometimes does your as shole get tired of the amount of shiiit that comes out of your mouth? 

[/QUOTE]

I was only kidding about wanting Timmy back,and I am just making a point that during a game if someone isn't playing well you are allowed to say it,and believe me i have been on Rasks side all season Bruins probably would't have half there wins if it wasn't for him,no body was saying Rask wasn't one of the best goalies in the League they were just saying he hadn;t been that good the last couple of games,so chill out man.Sorry just a pet peeve I have when people jump on someone about being negative about them,unless there Thornton or Seguin now that he is gone,although last years play offs everbody loved him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

I was only kidding about wanting Timmy back,and I am just making a point that during a game if someone isn't playing well you are allowed to say it,and believe me i have been on Rasks side all season Bruins probably would't have half there wins if it wasn't for him,no body was saying Rask wasn't one of the best goalies in the League they were just saying he hadn;t been that good the last couple of games,so chill out man.Sorry just a pet peeve I have when people jump on someone about being negative about them,unless there Thornton or Seguin now that he is gone,although last years play offs everbody loved him.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! And I swear I had no idea it was you who typed it. I just remembered reading it. And that post was for the ones who think Rask isn't an elite goalie in this league, the ones that were complaining because he was having a bad stretch of games. It happens to the best of them. At least he's not having a Lundqvist, or Howard type of season. 

As far as last year in the play-offs go? I loved how hard he was playing, but after learning how he wasn't taking things seriously during that stretch I never felt sorry for him anymore. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! And I swear I had no idea it was you who typed it. I just remembered reading it. And that post was for the ones who think Rask isn't an elite goalie in this league, the ones that were complaining because he was having a bad stretch of games. It happens to the best of them. At least he's not having a Lundqvist, or Howard type of season. 

As far as last year in the play-offs go? I loved how hard he was playing, but after learning how he wasn't taking things seriously during that stretch I never felt sorry for him anymore. 

[/QUOTE]

Definetly agree about Rask,being an elite goalie,but game posts are about that game and he has had a few games where he couldn't stop a beach ball,now not saying he isn't entitled to some bad games everbody is it's a long season,but also think people can say it with out people getting there panties in a knot,just saying

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thats what you wanna see outta Rask.  Needs a bit of a breather soon.  California is like the old West when Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver were an impossible sweep. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Spooner -- brings speed, which the Bs desperately need, as well as skill, heart, etc.  but needs to improve faceoffs

Rask -- looked great but now needs to show consistency

Joe Thornton -- for a big guy plays a light game and is a turnover machine:  two gveaways on the Sharks' first PP, which killed it basically; and when hit either falls, gves up the puck or both

Iginla -- take him off the PP; gives up the puck too often