Bruins Captains?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlee1933. Show jlee1933's posts

Bruins Captains?

Who is the new alternate captain for the B's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Re: Bruins Captains?

Lucic! Showed alot of Leadership in the playoffs! A born winner! Where Locch goes Trophies Go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

krejci would be a good choice in my opinion. it really is hard to say, without truly knowing the private team dynamics, you know, everything that is said and done behind the scenes. he led the team in playoff scoring before he got hurt two years ago, and was the top playoff scorer this past year. so he's atleast leading by example, at the very least. my second choice would be ference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

How about the Bruins do this:

P. Bergeron - Captain
    Z. Chara - Assistant Captain
    A. Ference - Assistant Captain

Other i also think should get an A:

T. Thomas
    M. Lucic
    D. Krejci
    S. Thornton

I just think Bergeron brings more Leadership and has a better understanding about this team then Chara does. Been here a long time to know what it takes.

For Chara he is a good Leader but just not good enough for this team to be the Captain.

As for Ference. I love what he brings to the plate every night. He shows leadership, and what a Bruins should be. He protects his teamates. He dont back down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ference already had the A when they did an A rotation prior to Recchi coming (he shard the second A with Sturm and Savard). Why not just go back to that again? Rotate it between Ference, Campbell, and Kelly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Captains?:
    [QUOTE]How about the Bruins do this: P. Bergeron - Captain Z. Chara - Assistant Captain A. Ference - Assistant Captain Other i also think should get an A: T. Thomas M. Lucic D. Krejci S. Thornton I just think Bergeron brings more Leadership and has a better understanding about this team then Chara does. Been here a long time to know what it takes. For Chara he is a good Leader but just not good enough for this team to be the Captain. As for Ference. I love what he brings to the plate every night. He shows leadership, and what a Bruins should be. He protects his teamates. He dont back down.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

Based on what?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]How about the Bruins do this: P. Bergeron - Captain Z. Chara - Assistant Captain A. Ference - Assistant Captain Other i also think should get an A: T. Thomas M. Lucic D. Krejci S. Thornton I just think Bergeron brings more Leadership and has a better understanding about this team then Chara does. Been here a long time to know what it takes. For Chara he is a good Leader but just not good enough for this team to be the Captain. As for Ference. I love what he brings to the plate every night. He shows leadership, and what a Bruins should be. He protects his teamates. He dont back down.

Just what have you been smoking?  You want the Bruins to strip the C off Chara based on what? 

They just won the cup, the guy flys back to be at practice and with the team, even thou management expected him back on Mon. or Tues. and you want them to go and remove the C, WHY??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bochi6. Show bochi6's posts

PAULICAS1975...the only thing i like about your post is your profile pic!

Chara has proven himself, Ference is the obvious answer to get the 2nd A.  Veteran who sticks up for his teammates and seems pretty vocal in the lockeroom. Let the young guys (Lucic/DK) focus on hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Where do I start?

-Chara is not good enough for this team.  You mean the Stanley Cup winners he just captained?
    -Goalies cannot wear an A or a C no matter how much Luongo pretended otherwise a year ago, so forget Thomas.
    -Thornton?  6 minutes per game, 4th line/first guy scratched Thornton.  Got it.

- And my favorite... "assistant captain."  The NHL doesn't use "assistant" captains.  Have some one look up what the A stands for, for you.

Honestly, did you just start following hockey last May?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

let see if i have got this completely correct?

paul u want to take away the "C"from zdeno chara.

the same player that has missed a combined 10 games in 5 years with the Boston Bruins.
    the same player that at the end of the 08 season suffered a tore labrum in his shoulder.he then missed 5 games then played the last 9 regular season games and 7 playoff games and then had the surgery on his shoulder.
    the same player that has been nominated for the Norris 3 times while with the bruins and won it once in 2009.
    the same player that led the league in plus minus(+33) last year while playing mostly every shift against the other teams top line.
    the same player who in 5 years with the bruins is a +68 while playing against other teams top lines.
    the same player who last year was voted the toughest defenseman to play against. earning 34% of the votes cast by 318 current players.
    the same player who last year captained the first playoff team to win 3 game 7s in one playoff year.
    THE SAME PLAYER WHO LAST YEAR CAPTAINED THE BOSTON BRUINS TO THERE FIRST STANLEY CUP IN 39 YEARS!!!!
    ya your right paul now is a good time for a change with the "C" that goes on the jersey of the captain of the Bruins! wow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Rotate it between Ference, Krejci, and Seidenberg I say.

The C and the first A are spoken for...for a long time to come.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]PAULICAS1975...the only thing i like about your post is your profile pic! Posted by bochi6[/QUOTE]

NO KIDDING!!!!  WHO IS THAT CHICK!?!?!?!?!

And this has been gone over more times than I care to remember this summer.

Its Ference all the way.  He wore the "A" before, and after this playoff year, I dont see why he doesnt wear it again.  If the only thing he did all playoffs was play one shift and flip the bird in Montreal, thats reason enough right there, but he was a total package this entire season and playoffs.  It goes back to Ference for now, let the young guys work some more for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I think it should be Chara = C and Bergeron = A.

Then I think they should continue what they've done the past few years:  one player gets and 'A' for home games then another gets the other 'A' for road games.  Then after a month or so they change to someone else.  So, with that, the list of potential rotating assistant captains would be:  Ference, Lucic, Krecji, Thornton, Seidenberg, Campbell and Kelly.

If they wanted to have one for the road and one for home games, I'd go with Ference and Lucic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]I think it should be Chara = C and Bergeron = A. Then I think they should continue what they've done the past few years:  one player gets and 'A' for home games then another gets the other 'A' for road games.  Then after a month or so they change to someone else.  So, with that, the list of potential rotating assistant captains would be:  Ference, Lucic, Krecji, Thornton, Seidenberg, Campbell and Kelly. If they wanted to have one for the road and one for home games, I'd go with Ference and Lucic.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

While Most of this is correct, there is no "list" of who it rotates too, Julien has used this as a "reward" in the past.. Whoever that player is, is who it is.. While I would be shocked to see it land on a rookie, a second year guy etc, I think it stays that way.. Ferrence and thornton are in the final years of thier deal, I would be hesitant to name one of those two the alternate prior to an ext. even though those are the two most deserving guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Big time Lucic fan, but please don't give him anything that would make him act too responsibly. 

Ference gets my vote 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Captains? : NO KIDDING!!!!  WHO IS THAT CHICK!?!?!?!?! And this has been gone over more times than I care to remember this summer. Its Ference all the way.  He wore the "A" before, and after this playoff year, I dont see why he doesnt wear it again.  If the only thing he did all playoffs was play one shift and flip the bird in Montreal, thats reason enough right there, but he was a total package this entire season and playoffs.  It goes back to Ference for now, let the young guys work some more for it.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

A Portuguese national team soccer fan - that team has the most beautiful fans of pretty much any team in the world.