Bruins Championship DVD - good not great

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bochi6. Show bochi6's posts

Bruins Championship DVD - good not great

I expected lots of AC/DC background music to goal scoring montages. Maybe some Dropkick Murphys, nope...Its like the people that made the DVD had zero pulse on the Bruins culture. An interview with Bob Ryan?? He knows less than my 4 year old niece about the Bruins or the sport of hockey.  Not enough raw footage.

Sorry to under sell it, but it just did not get my adrenaline going, and I am as die hard as it gets.

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Bruins Championship DVD - good not great

I would've preferred more stories about the season. They never showed how this team had it's up & downs & even had some in house issues with the whole Paille suspension. I hear NESN maybe doing something. I hope it's true!
    ACDC; CRUE; Metallica & KISS would be awesome!

I liked the video; I liked the clips; but I'm with you. I wish for more!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Just got my copy today.  I liked the real game audio, scenes from Boston, (beautiful city I can't wait to go there someday), hung-over players trying to do interviews with raspy voices and bloodshot eyes. 
    Ya, a little superficial, but you have to remember they pound this thing out immediately after the game ends, no time to really put the effort into exploring all the great stories from the whole year.  If there is another video produced I would like to see it.  This left me wanting a little.  Still a good keepsake of the cup win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I like Kelly's remarks. " It was tough "  LOL ... is that all he says??
    AC/DC ? that's just noise.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Another thought.
    I'm watching the DVD and during the Hab series when they were showing that OT in game5 , Moen and Gionta 2 on 1 ,  the great save by Thomas (IMO key to winning the cup ) .
    Do any of you picture that the puck goes in ? Just for a moment ? 
    I swear everytime I see it and imagine that my stomach turns over . Just for a moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Yeah BsLegion when we watched it we were also laughing at Kelly - "It was tough".  Thanks for giving us such insight Chris.  Overall I agree it was a good but not great DVD. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Leg;
    I've seen enough pucks go by Bruins goalies from Montreal's players shots enough for 3 life times. I NEVER picture any that didn't go in going in! lol And ACDC is not noise either!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Watched it last nite.  Good but not great is a good analogy.  My best part are the audio clips from Ference on Sedin and Lappy....classic stuff....can only imagine what is said that we can't hear between the players on the ice.  Even Kesler and Seids egging each other on to drop the gloves is cool.  A keepsake but not a masterpiece.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I liked it but I am hoping NESN puts out a version - they will do a better job. Has anybody heard if they will? Bob Ryan - the guy does not know or even like hockey and when he said - my idea was to refuse the powerplay and make a donation to charity - I wanted to throw a brick at him - just like a vancouver fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

It was hilarious how hung over they were.  

Funniest part was in the extra celebration when Chara brought the cup in the room and looked pissed off that Ference wanted to bring it back out on the ice.

Best part was the embrace between Recchi and Bergeron in that part as well.  Almost brought me to tears and showed how important Recchi was to the team and especially Bergeron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

It was like watching a long hi-lite pack on a sports show.  A little slow at times but everything was there.  But that's ok.  It's a nice memory. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I haven't seen it yet, but if they left out the typical stadium rock with the canned bands we hear at every event, I'm certainly going to enjoy it more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Agreed....it was good...but not great.  I was a little disappointed to be honest.  It wasn't even close to as good as the Patriots or Red Sox DVD's.  I even thought the Celtics DVD was better....and I don't really even care about basketball.  But not being as good as the Patriots DVD's isn't saying much:  NFL Films does an unbelievable job with their videos. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kruth. Show Kruth's posts

Its a great video and a lot of fun-if you watch it with a Canuck's fan in the room.  I really enjoyed it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It was okay, showed pretty much highlights from 2 regualr season games...i saw something the other day looking back at the season, I forget where but the interviews they did were with Bob Ryan,Shaughnessy,ordway and dennis and callahan and i'm thinking my dog would have been a better interview...funny how many latch on to a winner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

My copy contained a flyer for a new 4 championship games dvd to be available in Oct. It will contain all 4 of the final series B's wins.

Go B's 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bochi6. Show bochi6's posts

Any idea if the Sports Illustrated video is the same one as the NHL, or it is a different DVD?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Is there any truth to this rumor that NESN is coming out with one?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bochi6. Show bochi6's posts

No idea, hope so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Championship DVD - good not great:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen it yet, but if they left out the typical stadium rock with the canned bands we hear at every event, I'm certainly going to enjoy it more.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

so you think the new AC/DC is noise also ?

LOL @ nitemare.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Championship DVD - good not great:
    [QUOTE]Watched it last nite.  Good but not great is a good analogy.  My best part are the audio clips from Ference on Sedin and Lappy....classic stuff....can only imagine what is said that we can't hear between the players on the ice.  Even Kesler and Seids egging each other on to drop the gloves is cool.  A keepsake but not a masterpiece.
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear[/QUOTE]

That was hilarious !!! Love the way he told one of the Sudins after trying to embellish to get a call " Oh are you okay " ??  Love the condescending tone!