1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Bruins Doing Poorly

In fact, they are doing so poorly that:

• They are #1 in fewest goals against
    • They are #4 in points
    • They are #4 in wins
    • They are #4 in goal differential.
    • They are #4 in fewest loses.

And we show them no respect. We have become spoiled.

Even when they don't play well they are one of the best.

If Leaf fans had these stats they'd be arranging the parade already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Bruins Doing Poorly

Good teams have high expectations, the Bruins are not the Maple Leafs. There will always be flaws to talk about with any team.

Also, for your respect point. The fact that we expect better from a 20-6-3 team is more a sign of respect than being content with the way they've been playing lately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thank you Don Bruino showing me the light through my pasta and merlot, however I do have a request. Please bring me someone to get the Pandolfo thorn out of my sight, I need your ol wasted legs removal service. Don Peter Barzini won't help me but you can...please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

love your menu SanDog. The record is good, but there are some flaws that need to be corected. The D are a solid unit, But, Ference can be over-run, and yet his experience is helpful; Seidenberg can really help as noted last night, but there are games where he runs out of steam by the 3rd; Boychuck is a moose, but his mistakes are usually whoppers like failing to pick up his wing,or taking himself totally out of the play, and his frequent icing often negates a face-off win. Still he's better than most alternatives. McQ is somewhat like Boychuck. chara is unique, but faster and bigger wings are blowing by his point, and some of his pases arenot where he wants them to end up. Hamilton is still learning, but his skills are the best we've seen in a long time.

Campbell and Paille are constantly playing a solid game, but "no-skills" Thornton doesn't provide any help. It's well beyond the point where the Bruins can "carry" a cheerleader. Bergie's line works hard every game. Occasionally Marchand will have a slow night, but not very often. Kreji's line needs to become more consistent, and Peter could trade horton, especially if he can get Iginla. The 3rd line has been a work inprogress all year long. Claude kept Bourque much longer than he should have; Kelly and Peverly were slow to get going; Fill-ins like Pandolfo and Caron have not been the answer; and having McDermid and Johnson has not been a good decision, nor have they been used effectively. For the first time, in the last few years, Claude is making mistakes; and to have the PP start to look Ok, then fade away, is definitely a coaching problem

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Thank you Don Bruino showing me the light through my pasta and merlot, however I do have a request. Please bring me someone to get the Pandolfo thorn out of my sight, I need your ol wasted legs removal service. Don Peter Barzini won't help me but you can...please.

Yes please take care of Pandolfo, I don't want him to "sleep with the fishes" but I don't want to see him in a Bruin sweater any longer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

It's not a figure skating competition, so don't care about "style" points......as long as they get the wins and position themselves nicely for a great playoff run, I'm a happy fan.

There, I'm not asking for much, am I? ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Everyone here does realize that the ultimate goal is the cup, right?

If you are content with anything less, go be a Leaf fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I can't take requests when it come to the Bruins.

Mr. Chiarelli - a good Calabrese boy - knows how to take care of business. If he needs to touch up a few things, he knows what to do.

Anyway, too many of us make too much of the regular season.Afterall, it is just a qualifying tournament to make the playoffs. Period.

You work things out during this time and tune things up for the start of the playoffs. No sense getting your shorts in a knot before the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Anyway, too many of us make too much of the regular season.Afterall, it is just a qualifying tournament to make the playoffs. Period.

Can't disagree with this. It is the cup thats important, not the presidents trophy. Just ask the Nucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great post Bogie!

PS. Pandolfo isn't going far just back to Burlington

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Bruins are fine. have they been at their best of late? probably not but that's to be expected during a 82 game or a 48 game regular season. and they still find ways to win! I still believe right now the Bruins are the highest ranking playoff team in the east as i believe the kings are still the best suited playoff team in the west. it's all about the playoffs and it doesn't matter where you finish as long as you qualify.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Everyone here does realize that the ultimate goal is the cup, right?

If you are content with anything less, go be a Leaf fan.

Yes, that is the ultimate goal.  Considering only one of 30 can win it, there must be some other reason to watch or attend, right?  There is!  It's called "hockey"!  I enjoy regular season hockey.  I'm watching the Islanders vs. the Penguins right now. 

I wish the B's could win the Cup every year.  They can't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

They are getting the wins in the regular season, they are not mailing it in, but we feel cheated when they are not at their 100% every game and every shift.

Desperate hockey is what everyone is playing right now that are fighting for a playoff spot.  Hopefully that comes back like it did in the cup run.

Get thru the injuries and linup shakeups and get back to dominating in time for playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Record clearly indicates they haven't been playing poorly. Playing their best? Nope. But that hopefully means they turn it up at the right time. Teams like Anaheim and Chicago can't keep playing like this. They'll get burnt out towards the end. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

Record clearly indicates they haven't been playing poorly. Playing their best? Nope. But that hopefully means they turn it up at the right time. Teams like Anaheim and Chicago can't keep playing like this. They'll get burnt out towards the end. 

You got it Dom!

Before I became Don-Bruino, the Wheatskins predicted that early playoff exits are in store for both CHI and ANA.