Bruins Draft Position?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Bruins Draft Position?

Now that the B's are out for this year, how will this affect their draft position in June? If at all...
    There are so many knowledgeable bloggers here, I thought I would ask you how this works.
    Thx

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Bruins Draft Position?

Tom- pulled this from NHL.com.  Based on these rules, I would peg the B's pick to be no better than 26, but no worse than 27.  I might be totally off on this, but it looks like because the B's won their division, their early exit doesn't help them that much in terms of draft order. 

Entry Draft Order
    The order of selection among the Member Clubs in each season shall be determined in the following manner:
    A composite of all Member Clubs shall be prepared by placing:
    i) First the Clubs which failed to qualify for the preceding playoffs in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest points total and followed by the Club having the next lowest points total, and so forth.
    ii) The Clubs which participated in the preceding playoffs (but had not been ranked first in their respective Divisions and had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
    iii) The Clubs which had been ranked first in their Divisions during the next preceding season (but had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
    iv) The Stanley Cup winner shall select last, thus, positioning all Clubs on the list.

In the event of a tie for any position, such tie shall be resolved by application of the rules governing the determination of final League standings. The resulting list shall constitute the order of selection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Hi Crowls,
    I appreciate what you shared. I was reading the following comment from that hotbed of hockey information called wiki...LOL This confused me a bit.
    The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.[9] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.[6]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In looking at last year's draft order, what you have looks like it boxes with what actually happened.  TB, for example ended with #27 pick.  They were the #5 seed and not a division winner.

They only division winners with more points than the B's are:
    Vancouver- 111 (eliminated)
    NYR-109
    StL- 109

So, I guess the B's are currently pegged at #25, but could move as high as #23 if both NYR & StL are eliminated?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Thx :-) I was hoping for a better slot, but what you say makes sense.
    In Response to Re: Bruins Draft Position?:
    [QUOTE]In looking at last year's draft order, what you have looks like it boxes with what actually happened.  TB, for example ended with #27 pick.  They were the #5 seed and not a division winner. They only division winners with more points than the B's are: Vancouver- 111 (eliminated) NYR-109 StL- 109 So, I guess the B's are currently pegged at #25, but could move as high as #23 if both NYR & StL are eliminated?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here's a site that's reasonably updated Tom.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2012.htm

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Thx Dez I don't comment on the site too often any more,just no time these days, but I definitely follow everyone.
    Tom

[QUOTE]Here's a site that's reasonably updated Tom. http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2012.htm
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Thx Dez I don't comment on the site too often any more,just no time these days, but I definitely follow everyone. Tom In Response to Re: Bruins Draft Position? :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]
    Just glad you're still around Tom. I hope all is well. Cheers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Wherever it is, anyone think the B's should probably draft a goalie or a defenseman with it? Their forward core is pretty young and solid, but they have some older defensemen and after Khudobin and Rask, no real goaltending depth in the system. I'd like to see the B's keep someone after them, just in case some of the "Don't trade Thomas; Rask isn't proven" guys are proven correct. I wouldn't be opposed to an insurance policy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Wherever it is, anyone think the B's should probably draft a goalie or a defenseman with it? Their forward core is pretty young and solid, but they have some older defensemen and after Khudobin and Rask, no real goaltending depth in the system. I'd like to see the B's keep someone after them, just in case some of the "Don't trade Thomas; Rask isn't proven" guys are proven correct. I wouldn't be opposed to an insurance policy.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

They should draft the BPA (best player available).  If you look at the Bruins top 15 prospects there is a good mix.  http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/2011-12_Boston_Bruins_prospects_roundup

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Draft Position? : They should draft the BPA (best player available).  If you look at the Bruins top 15 prospects there is a good mix.  http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/2011-12_Boston_Bruins_prospects_roundup
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you on this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Draft Position? : They should draft the BPA (best player available).  If you look at the Bruins top 15 prospects there is a good mix.  http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/2011-12_Boston_Bruins_prospects_roundup
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

PC has publicly stated that they will always draft the BPA