Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski

Is that means that they would play Bartkowski vs Hamilton ???

Read Release: http://bbru.in/15u5N6w

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Re: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski

Someone is hurt ??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski

Interesting move, I wonder why the call-up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Uh oh, I hope Boychuk is all right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Someone is hurt ??

We still have Hamilton & Johnson ....and P-Bruins are in the playoffs as well ??   Unless like u say...someone is hurt and they prefer Bartkowski over Hamilton and Johnson ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What kind of message would that be if CJ played BArt over Hamilton? Ouch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

You read my mind, Bruinfan.  Wasn't he hobbling after taking a shot off the leg?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

You read my mind, Bruinfan.  Wasn't he hobbling after taking a shot off the leg?

He was hit several times... but he kept coming back out. Super stud points for him, but I hope he didn't make a minor injury turn into a major one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i get the impression from what I've heard/read from Julien that he really likes Bartkowsi. I hope it has nothing to do with Horton.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Just wondering ...I find it really weird that they havent played Hamilton in some of the last games and now into the playoffs ..would it be possible that PC is thinking of trading him this summer ??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What a bum send him back to Providence where he belongs LoL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Stanley you have become a horrible troller.  If you can't even do that right, how can you possibly be any help to PC?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Just wondering ...I find it really weird that they havent played Hamilton in some of the last games and now into the playoffs ..would it be possible that PC is thinking of trading him this summer ??

Stanley, somehow I doubt trading the next potential Bruin defensive kingpin has entered Chiarelli's mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I was just wondering....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Stanley you have become a horrible troller.  If you can't even do that right, how can you possibly be any help to PC?

Eggzactly

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Why would calling up Bark have anything to do with how they view Hamilton or Johnson? It just means Boychuk is hurt and they need another guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

usually im doggin boychuck but that was hard to watch, like a horse that needed to be put down. Wanted to get to the bench but tronto was pressuring big time. Thought it was gonna be part of a leafs' goal highlight. Bravo b chuck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I saw Bartkowski twice in Providence's series against Hershey. He turned the puck over a ton. Hershey didn't make him pay. NHL players will. Garnet Exelby & Kevin Millar were far better defenisvely. Torey Krug was better defensively. I honestly don't get the infatuation Julien & Chiarelli seem to have with Bartkowski. It would be a hugh mistake to play him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

first off, stanley, no. PC is not thinking of trading hamilton. no chance. this is just how CJ does it in the playoffs with rookies. 

on to the issue. Seidenberg and Chara are playing together. That won't change, when needed, they are still the big time pairing. Other than that the bruins HATE playing d men on their off side. Bartkowski is a lefty. That makes me think that if this call up has anything to do with someone needing a seat in game 5, it has nothing to do with Hamilton, or Boychuk, but more likely has something to do with Ference or Redden. Maybe they think they can win without Redden in game 5, and the old legs need a rest. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would call Krug way ahead of Bart...I love Krug on the PP

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good job heading down to Providence from Montreal to scout PBruins defenseman Stanley!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bartkowski is a left defenseman who Claude has liked before[ trip to Prague]. He also has more speed than either Ference or Redden, who both have experience. Ference did cough up the puck a few times , especially in the overtime period, and Redden did seem slow against the faster[ Kessel] Leafs. Perhaps having more speed will allow claude to balance Chara's constant ice time vs. Kessel, who is playing hard and blew by Redden or Ference, can't remember which one, but Rask had to make a great save.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is pretty strange.  I wonder why they recalled him.  The Providence team can certainly use him, but I can't imagine his usefulness on the Boston team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well it's not for Boychuk, he was on 98.5 and he said he's certainly playing.
    McQuaid hiding an injury ?  Hopefully Redden is in .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Redden is not on the ice so far today, and Bartkowski is paired up with McQuaid. Haven't heard anything about Redden's status, might be a game-time decision for him?