Bruins have corrective assets in-house

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bruins have corrective assets in-house

Examine those who do not help, and assume that Claude will modify his restrictive structure. Recognize that Thornton, as a player , is no longer necessary [ replace when necessary by Boychuck, McQuaid, Campbell,Lucic and Chara]; Then acknowledge that Rex is no longer a full time player and put him on the 4th line[ less ice time, and available for PP; keep him off of the PK]; Consider Wheeler as good trade bait for someone who needs a center; alternative might be Ryder. With Rex on the 4th line, bring back both Arneil and Caron for Bergeron's line. This gives the Bruins 4 lines that can score: Lucic/Kreji/Horton;Ryder/Savard/Seguin;Arneil/Bergeron/Caron; Marchand/Campbell/Recchi. Bring back Scott Gordon just in case Claude panics with so many young players; Consider replacing Houda and Ward as it seems their "instructions" are not sufficient. Don't know enough about Jarvis, hope he is not a Claude clone. Teach them all how to pass and skate. Last night the disfunctional Islanders outhustled, outskated and out-passed the Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Bruins have corrective assets in-house

Marchand seems to have embraced his role as a provocateur, happy to chirp at opposing players to get under their skin. “That’s one thing he does well,’’ Julien said. “You can’t take that away from him.’’ It also helps that Marchand has tough-guy Thornton to watch his back. “I kind of get away with a lot of stuff that maybe I wouldn’t if he wasn’t there,’’ Marchand said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins have corrective assets in-house:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins have corrective assets in-house : Bergeron looks like a frustrated player out there this year. Countless tape to tape passes to Mr. Wheeler, who by the way, cannot hit the ocean. Two of his 5 goals were softies this year! Bergeron is getting the wrong end of the deal here...
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. Countless times in the last 3 games BIG WHEEL has not finished on high percentage passes. I hope Wheeler is gone soon!!!!!!! That would be a great Christmas present!!!!!! Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

RE: Bergeron. This is an odd two way street: he's a great third line center and he deserves more than he's getting from his wingers, but he is a third line center on this team and so he's going to get third line wingers until he supplants one of the other two (Krejci or Savard) as more of an offensive threat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]RE: Bergeron. This is an odd two way street: he's a great third line center and he deserves more than he's getting from his wingers, but he is a third line center on this team and so he's going to get third line wingers until he supplants one of the other two (Krejci or Savard) as more of an offensive threat.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    People always seem to want to label players but if Bergeron goes against the other teams top line and gets first line ice,is he still a 3rd liner?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bergeron is in the role of shut down because he is the best center to do that. Recchi has been a help in the past, but, his declining speed is not helping, and Wheels just cannot seem to finish. SOOO, as I began this thread, let's replace Thornton with Recchi, reducing his ice time and utilizing his smarts; Trade Wheeler; and bring back Caron and Arneil. Caron played well with Bergie because Bergie " coached" him along; Arneil has speed, appeared to handle the puck well, and can score as indicated in Providence and his near miss in his one NHL game. Also, when Bergeron filled in for Kreji, he still made those good passes and Lucic/Horton usually helped to finish them better than Wheels and Recchi are doing. It may be too soon, but Kamfer and McQuaid may work out with Kamfer's speed and McQuaid's defensive instincts, size, and strength.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins have corrective assets in-house : People always seem to want to label players but if Bergeron goes against the other teams top line and gets first line ice,is he still a 3rd liner?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Haha interesting philosophical question, I guess. But I lable him a third-line center (on this team) because if I want a goal, I send out the Krejci line. If they're tired, I probably throw out Savard's line (when he's up to pace) -- though I would put Bergeron on Savvy's wing late in the game if we needed a goal.