Bruins in Ruins

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Bruins in Ruins

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

gee, not another bruins stink thread.  why would anyone waste their time starting a thread like this?  why am I wasting my time replying?  Bruin's hockey is good entertainment, for the most part.  Some times they skate like garbage, but that is infrequent this year and their record indicates that.  All good teams have off nights.  They aren't going to win every game.  If you are actually a fan, you root and cheer and hope for the best outcome.  Quit whining or take up crochet instead of watching sports.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Bruins in Ruins:
    [QUOTE]This team is a joke! From the 3 Tiered management to a puffer brained coach, they will disappoint us again. It is so over!! Mark my word on this one. I am a Bruins fan since 1968 and the mentality of this coach is destroying players. This system simply does not work. We lack talent, speed, players that can finish. Way too much salary went to Chara, Bergeron & others which has handcuffed us from acquiring players not named Kelly!! This guy blows! A second round pick for him ? What was PC sniffin'? Ok, so, 2011-Sept- we shall see hopefully a new coach, hopefully a new GM, hopefully a Neely with some more cannolis to speak out . Good bye Bruins, thanks for some decent play periodically throughout this year, but I could tell from the get go, you lacked what it took to be champions. Anything less is a failure. and pllllllllllease , do not put up a Division winner flag  ...what a joke!
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

Not in ruins...just doing what they consistently do each year.
    Start fast...struggle mid way...play great 3/4 of the way through (energizing the die-hards)...wilting away into nothing as the playoffs come.  Give them credit, they are consistent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

No, pretty sure he should let the door hit him repeatedly on the way out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Fan since 68'?  That about right for me, too.

I'll be honest.  My last falling out was the Thornton, and then Samsonov trades.  Stopped watching the rest of that season.

so what is it exactly that causes you to bail now?

They are legit in the Stanley Cup run, not top contenders, not major contenders, but they are in the mix.

So what is it?  An OT loss to the Sabres is the coffin nail?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

LOL. Tony this is land of gum drops and rainbows, you cannot speak any thought that doesn't have a "yay go Bruins" theme to it or the mommys basement brigade is going to come after you.

On Boston.com if you think the Bruins are a 1 or 2 round and done team then you are not a real fan, or you're a troll, or you're a hater.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins in Ruins:
    [QUOTE]LOL. Tony this is land of gum drops and rainbows, you cannot speak any thought that doesn't have a "yay go Bruins" theme to it or the mommys basement brigade is going to come after you. On Boston.com if you think the Bruins are a 1 or 2 round and done team then you are not a real fan, or you're a troll, or you're a hater.
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Failure. No1 said anything close to that. I myself believe their is a good chance they dont get past 1 round.

But to say that an OT loss to the Sabres where the refs called 5 Horrid Penalties against you and gave them 2 extended 5-3's is just an emotional overreaction.

I think its much more likely that your the one sitting in mommy's basement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Funny. I haven't seen CatusTony posting on here for awhile. What's wrong Tony ? Can't stand the Bruins winning ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

When a washed up Savard quit this team was toast. They basically have one line now. I mean Recchi and Marchand are not top 6 quality. Why I am still watching Ryder every nite and 23 yr old Phil Kessel with 28 goals is in Toronto is a disgrace. Clod won't even let Seguin step on the ice because his "system" is so wonderful. Where have I seen this before? The talent here just isn't good enuf to win a Cup and the coach is mediocre at best. Jerk Edwads can keep spinning it like they are a contender but he work for the Bruins. I'm afarid the Bruins window has closed...they are not particulary young and not all that talented with salary cap limitation. Two years ago they were close but Chia blew it and to think Chris Kelly is the missing piece is laughable. First or second round elimination and imagine if Lucic or Bergeron gets hurt...the talent here just isn't that good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yup, Im out too.  Cant stand that they consitantly beat the good teams (Philly, Washington, Pens, Vancouver) and are 1 point out of second place in the east with a game in hand AND have the best goalie in the world right now.  I hate how physical they are, I hate how many goals they score, I hate how few goals they let in.  I hate that they have a number of star players on the team (Chara, Bergeron, Thomas, Lucic, Kaberle, Recchi, Seguin & Savard) and an amazing number of VERY GOOD players (pretty much everyone else minus a handful of guys).  The Bruins are definitely terrible and Im jumping ship too.  Ive had it with this crap this year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

has Cactus caused some sarcasm here?? Maybe Tony should sit on some cactus and take 40yrs. with him. I may have some concerns about some players and the coaching staff, but, this is our Bruins, the ONLY hockey team in town. If you don't enjoy them, then pick up your cactus and leave.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]LOL. Tony this is land of gum drops and rainbows, you cannot speak any thought that doesn't have a "yay go Bruins" theme to it or the mommys basement brigade is going to come after you. On Boston.com if you think the Bruins are a 1 or 2 round and done team then you are not a real fan, or you're a troll, or you're a hater.
    Only when trolls like yourself constantly come here whining.Have you ever had a post that wasn't about how awful the Bruins are or how smart you are for noticing?Get over yourself.Nobody cares about your worthless opinion.Rather than constantly crying about who won't win you should tell us who will win.......that would be impressive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins in Ruins : Only when trolls like yourself constantly come here whining.Have you ever had a post that wasn't about how awful the Bruins are or how smart you are for noticing?Get over yourself.Nobody cares about your worthless opinion.Rather than constantly crying about who won't win you should tell us who will win.......that would be impressive.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I rest my case lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins in Ruins : I rest my case lol

Why wont you answer his question?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins in Ruins : Why wont you answer his question?
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]
    Because then he'd have to go out on a limb and say something substantial.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm so glad 40 has finally passed 100 posts. Have fun NAS :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Tony: It's so fluffy I could die!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

I am a Bruins fan , and have been since My dad introduced me to the team at the age of 3. I remained a loyal fan even after my job took me away to Tampa. I know I dont post much but here is my opinion, respect it, dislike it , I am okay with either. No worries

Why do people panic when the playoffs have not even begun yet ? This team likely is locked up for a spot and any team can win the cup with luck, calls , play etc. Frankly winning any championship entails a lot of good luck. Enough of the doom and gloom they lost 3 games 2 in OT. Wait till the playoffs and then rant all you want if we have another early exit. Then its still what it is. If Stanley cups were that easy to win every team in the league would have one.

I am a Bruins fan and I want a cup , but I refuse to panic until the final seconds of a Play off elimination game. I was also very disgusted when Thornton and Samsonov were shipped out , and the lackluster returns that OC got. I dont hold that against them any longer because OC is gone and Chia and Neely had nothing to to do with anything from that time.

Yes this team has its problems , glaring ones , but I feel is moving in the right direction. Core players locked up , young talented coming up players , and dead weight coming off the books soon. My feeling is there will be a Stanley Cup or more in their future , but it requires patience. I know its frustrating , and I have felt it too. We need to stop dwelling on the past , and focus on the positives we do see.  Enough with all the negativity every time the lose a game or loose a few games in a row. It happens. The Playoffs are a whole new beast.

If you feel this teams struggles are that frustrating maybe its best to not invest sooo much emotion right now. Look Boston has had its frustrations with all its teams , and they have all eventually won again , Bruins too will reach that level. This is just how I approach these matters , and I feel better not expecting too much. 

21. This post has been removed.