BRUINS NOT THE BRUINS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

BRUINS NOT THE BRUINS

In 2004 I was driving from Grand Island NY to Calgary in our Neon and trailor with our Bruins up 3-1 over the Habs, but by the time we got to Calgary the Bruins lost 4-3 to the Habs. In 2010 the Bruins up 3-0 vs. Philly lost 4-3, and last year lost 4-3 to the Caps after a series lead.

Tonite I had to work and had to listen to a very Bias TO announcer put this Bruins team in perspective and he was right. This team started off well and went down hill in March and April and did not score much and played with little or no heart. The man said the Bruins are not the Bruins and are inconsistant in their play and the Leafs have out played the Bruins in the past 2 games and again he was right. The D is not what it should be , the pk has gone south, and their is no PP.

The man went on to say the Bruins coach could not properly play a Very good Jagr in his lineup or know enough to put him with skilled players. He also said CJ could have changed his lines to try and get scoring but did not and that hurt the Bruins and I agree. He went on to say CJ is set in his ways and has no imagiation when it comes to his lines.

The Leafs should have been gone 2 games ago but CJ and his stuboness has hurt this team. The Bruins have too much talent to be this bad in a series that should be over. This team has not played consistant for sometime and I believe the cause is the coaching staff, all of them. The Bruins have tunned them out and only play well when the team as a whole decisdes to.

It is to bad but with the history the Bruins have in game 7's and the way Cj has them playing they could very well lose this series and if they do I hope every coach on the staff is gone and the Bruins can finally play the way we know they should. CJ has lost this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: BRUINS NOT THE BRUINS

-can't score

-poor powerplay

-no emotion

-blow's leads

Seems like the Bruins I've been watching all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

This is exactly the Bruins team Ive been complaining about all year.

Exactly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Exactly.

"I promise, I won't post anymore."

Beat it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Exactly.

Beat it.

Fact.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/ok-im-done-i-promise/100/6619362

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Exactly.

Beat it.

I lied I guess.

Much like your guaranteed win against Washington.

Much like your guranteed win over Toronto.

I was right all year. You've been wrong.

Maybe you should beat it, with your success/accuracy rate?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

No question it's been tough to watch them at times, especially down the stretch. They have essentially the same team as 2011. Is it a mental thing? Injuries? Just plain tired out? 

One things for sure, they have another shot tonight at redemption, and I'm hoping they don't disappoint their fans like they did in 2010. To me, losing against the Leafs would be worse then the Philly and Montreal comebacks combined!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeydguitar. Show mikeydguitar's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

No question it's been tough to watch them at times, especially down the stretch. They have essentially the same team as 2011. Is it a mental thing? Injuries? Just plain tired out? 

One things for sure, they have another shot tonight at redemption, and I'm hoping they don't disappoint their fans like they did in 2010. To me, losing against the Leafs would be worse then the Philly and Montreal comebacks combined!!

I mean no disrespect being a noob but..... Essentially they Do Not have the same team. Thomas, Recchi, Ryder, Kaberle are intangables that need to be accounted for.

Thomas turned in a Ken Dryden type performance, Recchi was a true leader in the Cup run, Ryder played well on offensive and on D and was physical, (I was never a big fan but we still miss him on the 3rd line), and Kaberle was just ok, but still a piece of the puzzle.

Just my$.02

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

If I didn't know any better, I swear you could pass for Null, Coloncampbell, NHOLOA and all the other spawned viruses and bacteria.

For all we know, you may all be one-in-the-same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Some people on here are drinking the Bruin cool aid.

Boston won the cup a couple of years back on shear luck and Thomas playing way over his head.

The kept the same team and CJ and expected more miracles.

Get over it. Even if the Bruins get lucky and get into the second round they're likely to be embarrassed. Unless there's a dramatic change to their all defense system.

I personally think it's the players that are sick of the system and sending a message. I wouldn't be surprised if a few young players try to get traded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to skater68's comment:

Some people on here are drinking the Bruin cool aid.

Boston won the cup a couple of years back on shear luck and Thomas playing way over his head.

The kept the same team and CJ and expected more miracles.

Get over it. Even if the Bruins get lucky and get into the second round they're likely to be embarrassed. Unless there's a dramatic change to their all defense system.

I personally think it's the players that are sick of the system and sending a message. I wouldn't be surprised if a few young players try to get traded.

They won a Cup without Savard.

They won 4 games in the Final without Horton.

Where is the luck? They won because they scored.

If they come to play, they beat the Leafs. And there is nothing the Leafs can do about it.

However, win or lose, some changes will be made. Jekyll and Hyde has been going on now for almost a year and a half. Enough is enough. We can't tolerate it, I'm sure PC can't either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Exactly.

Beat it.

I lied I guess.

Much like your guaranteed win against Washington.

Much like your guranteed win over Toronto.

I was right all year. You've been wrong.

Maybe you should beat it, with your success/accuracy rate?

There is a difference between a lie and a prediction. A liar wouldnt know that I guess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to mikeydguitar's comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

I mean no disrespect being a noob but..... Essentially they Do Not have the same team. Thomas, Recchi, Ryder, Kaberle are intangables that need to be accounted for.

Thomas turned in a Ken Dryden type performance, Recchi was a true leader in the Cup run, Ryder played well on offensive and on D and was physical, (I was never a big fan but we still miss him on the 3rd line), and Kaberle was just ok, but still a piece of the puzzle.

Just my$.02

Thomas was a big part, no doubt and I'd say similar for Recchi. Ryder chipped in with some key goals, and who could forget his glove save!, Kaberle....well....can't say I was that impressed with him.

But my point above was that the majority are still in tact, so I'm having a hard time believing they can't leverage all that experience.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

When I read all your comments ..it makes me think that winning this series against the Leafs would be a disaster..cause PC woul not have to make major changes to his team...and thefans seem tired to see a team with such a lack of offence, lack of PP and lack of character....the only way we an change that is change a few players I've said it in the past and I will ay it again ...

PANDOLFO-THORNTON-PEV- (the 3 stooges)  OUT those guy are not NHL caliber anymore

TRADE  CHARA.. he will turn 37 in March next season ...not getting any younger....if we want to get somethng big in return its the perfect timing

TRADE RASK ....cant win or steal BIG Games like Reimer did in the last 2 games (1st star in both games) ....we have Svedberg and Subban coming up ..and Khudo can be better than Rask soe given nights

Let go JAGR .....he is working hard in the playoffs but during th season it will be terrible ....

Let go Horton ....great goas in 2011...but lack of consistency ....free up some $$ For our new players

Give the chace to players like Spooner-Tardif-Krug ....time to bring new blood into this dressing room  and those guys must be good ..look what Providence did this year

FIRE WARD ...our PP has been strugglng for 3 years  now ...do we have to wait any longer???

As much as I love Julien ...itstime to make a change at this level ....FIRE CJ

WE WANT A TEAM WITH CHARACTER, A TEAM THAT PLAYS WITH EMOTIONS , new chemistry ..I did not mention Seguin but if he has reach his peak...we will have to consider a trade as well...... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The whole "line juggling" debate is one that really irks me. Hockey players at this level and in these types of pressure situations cannot be thrown another element to deal with (new linemates). It's incredibly naive for announcers or fans to say that moving Player A to the 1st line or whatever will magically create more goals. Let's take Jagr as an example:

Everyone says play Jagr with "more skilled" players, but that's not what the problem is with that line right now. The problem is Jagr likes to play a puck possession game, hold it on his stick and cycle along the boards waiting for a lane or player to open up for the pass. It's a brand of hockey that doesn't fit with that the Bruins are built for - which is mainly driving to the net, push the puck to the front, cause chaos and chip in the goals.

The Bruins don't have skaters, skilled or otherwise, who have the ability to create the type of space Jagr is waiting for. It wouldn't be any better if he were skating with Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, Horton, Lucic or anyone else on the team you want to consider more skilled that Peverly and Kelly.

But it's easy to sit from afar and say they're not scoring goals and therefore the lines need to be changed. It's a horrible idea at this point. It makes sense to do this in the regular season, which Julien did - he played Jagr with 9 different other forwards in the short time he had him. If they were down 0-3 in the series, yup...a good time to try something drastic and change it up. But the problem isn't line pairings in game 7 of a series, it's execution. It's hesitating when an opportunity exists. It's missed shots. It's the endless waiting for the perfect play that NEVER comes in playoff-style hockey.

I have no problem with any of these players. There's a heckuva good team on the other end giving it their best. If Toronto wins, it's because they were the better team over 7 games. It's not because Julien refused to arbitrarily move players around at the 11th hour.

You might get your wish...and the Leafs would love for the lines to change. The moment that happens, there's a 90% chance someone blows coverage because they're used to their normal linemates to be in a certain area and Toronto will eat the Bruins alive in transition. Moving players around would be a terrible, terrible idea.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

The whole "line juggling" debate is one that really irks me. Hockey players at this level and in these types of pressure situations cannot be thrown another element to deal with (new linemates). It's incredibly naive for announcers or fans to say that moving Player A to the 1st line or whatever will magically create more goals. Let's take Jagr as an example:

Everyone says play Jagr with "more skilled" players, but that's not what the problem is with that line right now. The problem is Jagr likes to play a puck possession game, hold it on his stick and cycle along the boards waiting for a lane or player to open up for the pass. It's a brand of hockey that doesn't fit with that the Bruins are built for - which is mainly driving to the net, push the puck to the front, cause chaos and chip in the goals.

The Bruins don't have skaters, skilled or otherwise, who have the ability to create the type of space Jagr is waiting for. It wouldn't be any better if he were skating with Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, Horton, Lucic or anyone else on the team you want to consider more skilled that Peverly and Kelly.

But it's easy to sit from afar and say they're not scoring goals and therefore the lines need to be changed. It's a horrible idea at this point. It makes sense to do this in the regular season, which Julien did - he played Jagr with 9 different other forwards in the short time he had him. If they were down 0-3 in the series, yup...a good time to try something drastic and change it up. But the problem isn't line pairings in game 7 of a series, it's execution. It's hesitating when an opportunity exists. It's missed shots. It's the endless waiting for the perfect play that NEVER comes in playoff-style hockey.

I have no problem with any of these players. There's a heckuva good team on the other end giving it their best. If Toronto wins, it's because they were the better team over 7 games. It's not because Julien refused to arbitrarily move players around at the 11th hour.

You might get your wish...and the Leafs would love for the lines to change. The moment that happens, there's a 90% chance someone blows coverage because they're used to their normal linemates to be in a certain area and Toronto will eat the Bruins alive in transition. Moving players around would be a terrible, terrible idea.

This is the way i see it too.Jagr with all his talent doesn't fit into the B's style of play and its a little too late to change his style now and the players they have with him either won't play that style or can't.I am certainly not blaming Jagr although a goal would be nice, he's only scored 2 gls since he's been here and one went in off his skate.