BRUINS NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

BRUINS NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE

Our Bruins are in a very good spot in the standings but should be alot better. They have given up too many 3rd period leads and have not scored the goals when they needed to on the PP when they had to. If you put them up vs. the Pens, Habs or Sabres they have no answer and scoring seems the problem on all counts.

The Bruins are the best team when they are mean but they only do that on occation, but they have to do something to improve the loss of Kelly on the 3rd line and Krejki on the 1st if they hope to get past the Pens to get to the finals. Bruins have to beat the Pens to get to the finals and set their team to do it during the trade deadline.

Injuries were going to be part of the Bruins going forward but we have have to get a good PP guy and D to help us in lomg run. PC has not been able to get high calibre talent in trade but can get good talent to fix our problems.

The Bruins can win the Cup if PC can fix some of the problems and some PB's  go over and above the Bruins with alot of hard work can get the cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Re: BRUINS NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE

In response to brunod's comment:

Our Bruins are in a very good spot in the standings but should be alot better. They have given up too many 3rd period leads and have not scored the goals when they needed to on the PP when they had to. If you put them up vs. the Pens, Habs or Sabres they have no answer and scoring seems the problem on all counts.

The Bruins are the best team when they are mean but they only do that on occation, but they have to do something to improve the loss of Kelly on the 3rd line and Krejki on the 1st if they hope to get past the Pens to get to the finals. Bruins have to beat the Pens to get to the finals and set their team to do it during the trade deadline.

Injuries were going to be part of the Bruins going forward but we have have to get a good PP guy and D to help us in lomg run. PC has not been able to get high calibre talent in trade but can get good talent to fix our problems.

The Bruins can win the Cup if PC can fix some of the problems and some PB's  go over and above the Bruins with alot of hard work can get the cup.

I dont agree at all. i believe the Bruins are right where they want to be, and the last time i checked the Bruins beat the Habs and the Sabres. as for losing the the Penquins twice i dont read much into that at all. if you ask me the Bruins were competitive against the Pens in both loses as they are against all teams but these style of games and the timing of them have absolutely no bearing on any playoff scenario at all. personally i see no team in the eastern conference on Bostons level. not even the Pens. and saying the road goes through Pittsburg is BIGTIME premature. the Pens could get ousted in the first round by anyone such as a Carolina or New Jersey Or Winnipeg or who ever as can the Bruins. that's why the NHL playoffs are the greatest because any of the 16 teams that qualify can win the cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It's all about being healthy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I agree that they ARE where they should be.  So we lost a couple to the Pens, I thought we played well in both those games except the last 6 mins in game 1.  I truly believe that we would win in a 7 game series.  And yes a lot can and will  happen before the playoffs.  Trades will be made and injuries will happen. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Okay, maybe not ALL about health... let's say 80%

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Is this serious?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In the NHL you never know but i just beleive the Bruins are the best playoff team in the east right now. and of course health is always key.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You're right, bruno, no one should be in Winnipeg....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

With the exception of last game, the Bruins have either held the lead or have been tied in the third period for EVERY single game they have played. They are the most consistent team at putting themselves in a position to win.   No other team could boast that until the Pens beat the B's last game, not even the Blackhawks.  The B's are where they should be.  The goal is to get to the playoffs as a high seed (since I think the Kings winning as an 8 seed was an exception rather than the norm), hope you are healthy, and hope you have a hot goalie when it comes to playoff time.   Right now, the B's are well on their way to 2 out of the 3 as the hot goalie is never predicatable come playoff time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

If you put them up vs. the Pens, Habs or Sabres they have no answer and scoring seems the problem on all counts.

Really? Have you watched any of Buffalo's other games. They're a complete mess this year. Just because John Scott put a beat down on Thornton doesn't mean they're a dominant team. The two times they've played the Pens, it's been the second of a back to back. Not surprising the team faltered in the 3rd. Having "no answer" seems to be a stretch for one of the best teams in the league. Did we get shut out by any of these teams?

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you're going to fit a "good PP guy" and a "D" in the long term. Don't know where that cap space comes from.

The Bs are fine, the record is strong and they have to deal with some injuries.

Request change after a 3-4 game skid, not after one loss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

If you still think the B's are where they should be then where is the scoring and another let down in the 3rd period. This team needs to score more goals and the PP has to be a hole lot better even if you all think we have the tools, it is not showing.

PC has to improve the PP and scoring because the Bruins do not have a sniper who can get you the goals when we need it. D is great but scoring wins games and the B's should not be losing to teams like the Peg, Sabres or any other team below them in the standings because they can't score when they have to.

IF the B's are going to win a cup this year they will have to beat the Pens or the Habs and without scoring or a better PP good luck. The B's need Iginla or a palyer like him to help in these catigories or it wil be next season for the B's. I am a B's fan who only wants to them win and the way things are going now it is not looking good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

No reason for all the doom and gloom...

This season...

GOALS/GAME = 2.82

GOALS AGAINST/GAME = 2.11

PP % = 15.8 %

Cup season...

GOALS/GAME = 2.98

GOALS AGAINST/GAME = 2.30

PP % = 16.2 %

Seems to me, they are right on track :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

That's cumulative.  Look at the last 10 games ( = 21 percent of the season; they are 5-5, mediocre and have 2 Ws against cellar feeders like the Panthers and Caps).

"NO LEAD IS SAFE" - 2012-13 Bruins

[/QUOTE]

I just find it pointless, to get too high, or too low, on the ebbs and flows of the regular season.

Last season, they did not lose, the entire month of November. That did not make them the greatest team ever, or guarantee a cup. It just meant that a lot of the players, got hot at the same time.

Right now, the team is in a battle for first place, so I am prety happy with them. I wish they were scoring more, had a better powerplay, and a better 3rd line, but there is not a team in the salary cap era, that does not have issues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

I just find it pointless, to get too high, or too low, on the ebbs and flows of the regular season.

Last season, they did not lose, the entire month of November. That did not make them the greatest team ever, or guarantee a cup. It just meant that a lot of the players, got hot at the same time.

Right now, the team is in a battle for first place, so I am prety happy with them. I wish they were scoring more, had a better powerplay, and a better 3rd line, but there is not a team in the salary cap era, that does not have issues.

Post of the season right there.  Love it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Unfortunately this team doesn't get a solid efort from all players every night. Luci and horton were just so-so last night, and Spooner, as expected was trying to fit in. looks like there is some real talent there. I don't think the defense is that good consistently. Ference  and boychuck tend to crowd the middle [ claude's game plan], and fail to cover what becomes anopen wing.