Bruins Play-off Thoughts...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

Bruins Play-off Thoughts...

A lot of pressure on the B's this season... When I compare this team to last seasons team I see some differences and few are on the good side.

Offensively, this years team is just about the same as last years team.

Defensively, Overall, this years team maybe slightly worse that last season's team.

Goaltending, which obviously is the one better parts of this years team even over last season's team.

Saying all that, for this season's team:

Offensively this team is still challenged offensively very much like last year!

Defensively, this is where there will need to be an improvement over the regular season, it is here where the B's will win or lose games in the playoffs.

Goaltending, clearly Thomas is the leagues best goally but he can't do it alone, he is going to need a solid CONSISTENT defense in front of him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins Play-off Thoughts...

I think its the special teams  (PP and PK) that are their achilles heel this year. Neither were impressive in the regular season. If this keeps up their playoff drive will be very short in my humble opinion...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Terrible play from Kaberle.  He is starting to p"ss me off.  Not only the PP is not better but also he give away the puck.  Again TT should have made the stop on the first shot of the game!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

it wasnt the pass that was his fault.  Its the fact he gave up on the play after that.  Gionta is just clutch.  CJ better wake these meatheads up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bad start Lucaooo but it seems the B's always start slow so this is not anything new. What is bothering me more is their complete lack of passion or physical contact. When Montreal out hits you there are some issues that need to be addressed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah not enough smart dump in and hitting to wear them down!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

PP is awful, as is Seidenberg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Speed, speed, speed. Major concern with this team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Why all the respect for the Habs!  First period should have been about crunching them into the board to send a nice message.  Lucic and Horton have to do better to creat space for Krejci.  Habs know Krej is the key and they are not giving him anytime out there!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

pp + kab = first round exit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Play-off Thoughts...:
    [QUOTE]Why all the respect for the Habs!  First period should have been about crunching them into the board to send a nice message.  Lucic and Horton have to do better to creat space for Krejci.  Habs know Krej is the key and they are not giving him anytime out there!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

I agree. If they hit and play with fire they win. If they attempt their passive, mechanical systems play, they lose. It is that simple...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Can someone punch Kaberle next time he does not shot.  He is too predictable they know he is not going to shoot!  Julien needs to do a better job taking the Krej line away from the Pleckanec line!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Knightsfan. Show Knightsfan's posts

Hi gang...new member here and a Bruins fan from London Ontario. This game is getting frustrating. As a B's fan i hate playing Montreal. I work with alot of Montreal fans and get tired of all the Hab talk. My Stanley Cup is beating Montreal. Keep putting pucks to the net and good things will happen. Bruins will pull it out in the third.

Go B's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Knightsfan. Show Knightsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone punch Kaberle next time he does not shot.  He is too predictable they know he is not going to shoot!  Julien needs to do a better job taking the Krej line away from the Pleckanec line!

I agree 100% with TK.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone punch Kaberle next time he does not shot.  He is too predictable they know he is not going to shoot!  Julien needs to do a better job taking the Krej line away from the Pleckanec line!

You would think this can be easy considering the B's get last change....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

It's nothing we havent seen all year, for the past 4 years for that matter.  Mtl is keeping us on the perimeter in their own end, and we just continue to setup point shots that Price has an easy time with cause he sees it, or Mtl D is clearing and blocking those shots away. 

The Bruins lack finish and the skill of a top team, it will come back to bite them at some point, this series or next.  JM, you're right on it, staying in "the system" is a recipe for excellent regular seasons, but a death sentence in the playoffs if that's what you rely on.  Playoff hockey is all about quick, good decisions based on what's happening, not thinking about what the system says to do in a given scenario.

I hope people call for Clod and PC's jobs if we get bounced in first 2 rounds this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

That's why Price can keep square to the shooter and have the puck hit him in the chest. The B's are not in the dirty areas creating havoc for the Habs D. They need to just crash the net and put pressure on Price...