Bruins Player of the Game Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruins Player of the Game Tracker

I thought this would be a decent idea to see what everyone has to say regarding who they felt was the Bruin player ( and why ) that stood out in their eyes for each game win or lose.
    Let's try on focus on the topic and not let the repetitive silliness of who you hated spill over to this thread also.

My pick in game 1 was Marchand. Played hard and created scoring opportunities when he was on the ice. Honourable mention goes out to Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker

Chowda, you are right on with your selections. Don't want to confuse with any corrective comments

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

How bout "best person" of the game ??? (sarcasm)

Marchand hands down

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker:
    [QUOTE]How bout "best person" of the game ??? (sarcasm) Marchand hands down
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

LOL . Now, now JW. We have enough of that happening on other threads. Great idea for another tracker though ( also sarcasm ).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ah - a thread dedicated to being relentlessly positive?  Could be revolutionary.  The test will be staying on target when the trolls arrive as they inevitably will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It has to be Marchand (from anyone who watched the game).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Bruins Player of the Game Tracker:
    [QUOTE]I thought this would be a decent idea to see what everyone has to say regarding who they felt was the Bruin player ( and why ) that stood out in their eyes for each game win or lose. Let's try on focus on the topic and not let the repetitive silliness of who you hated spill over to this thread also. My pick in game 1 was Marchand. Played hard and created scoring opportunities when he was on the ice. Honourable mention goes out to Seguin.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Interesting idea Chowdah.  Your analysis/recommendation on Marchand and Seguin is bang on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker:[QUOTE] How bout "best person" of the game ??? (sarcasm) Marchand hands down Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

That would have been called the "Ken Hodge" award JW LoL. Looks like it's unanimous +10 for #63 and Brad is only going to get better with each game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

At years end I'm sure the most votes will be Thomas (or Rask if he takes over).  Marchand should be right up there as well as even when he doesn't put up the points his effort seems to be there night in and night out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Great Idea. I'll go with Marchand as well, you can just see the confidence he has..I know it's just for the bruins, but have to give bryzgalov credit for that game. He stole one there, and even though it's one game I questioned all summer long whether he's the right goalie for that team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Just to be different I'll say Thomas.  He shut the door for 2 periods waiting for the offense to arrive.  The only guy who showed up when it was most needed.  Can't ask more than that. 
    Marchand was great.  I really hope that is a baseline performance.  If so this is gong to be a great year for him.  Seguin was also very very good.  What a difference from last year. 
    Any coincidence it was the youth that stood out Thursday? Maybe they had that little extra adrenalin, enthusiasm the steady vets didn't.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So for Oct. 8, I gotta say Seguin, with Peverley number two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peverley is looking at scoring 25 goals if he keeps up this type of play his confidence is through the roof. Rich gets the nod from me with Thomas a very close second.

Oh have fun in Winnipeg Wheeler hee hee what a nice trade...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Vs. Tampa--- Thomas, Peverly.  Or you could basically say Bergeron everytime the Bruins play-- he is outstanding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Peverley is looking at scoring 25 goals if he keeps up this type of play his confidence is through the roof. Rich gets the nod from me with Thomas a very close second. Oh have fun in Winnipeg Wheeler hee hee what a nice trade...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Could you please stop reminding me of that? First line winger my skinny white a**...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Player of the Game Tracker : Could you please stop reminding me of that? First line winger my skinny white a**...
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Red, I was perusing the archives today for a laugh and came across one of Stanley's threads in which he felt that anything up to 4m should be spent to extend Wheeler. Funny stuff. In all seriousness though, all Wheeler needs to do is get some jam in his game to become at least a Dustin Penner type of player. As it stands, he still seems like the sort of guy that's trying not to rub anyone the wrong way for fear of them asking him to fight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Oh yeah, I'm picking Marchand and Seguin again in no particular order. Both guys seemed dangerous all night. Pevs played well but both of his goals were a direct result of superb work by his linemates.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Dez, I'll cut him some slack for24 more hours. After tomorrow, he has to show me he deserves that spot, and I can't see how he does, other than the fact there's not a decent rw on that team.

That said, in my life tomorrow's game takes second place for me as the most exciting sporting event of my life only behind game 7 against the Canucks. I won't get much sleep tonight. Watched CBC's Jets doc last night and cried my eyes out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A little harder tonight, as it was kind of a 'win by committee' type of game.  Peverly was good and obviously had 2 goals, but geez, I think I could have tapped those two in.  He does look very good though.

I might go with the centers, Bergeron or Krejci.  Good passing all night, good decision making, good defense.

Horton gets the underachiever of the night.  He looks slow and lazy.  The turnover that led to the Tampa goal was a very lackluster play at the blueline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'll go with Bergeron last night . A lot of the things he does don't show up on the score sheet . Last night was one of them.
    P.S. Also one of my favourite posters... cough....cough .....fletch ......cough... gets the first penalty for being the first to give a negative comment about a Bruin. And I agree with it being a harder night to pick just one player . There could have been many to earn the award.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Almost everybody played well- I'm going to start another thread called "when will Lucic and Horton start throwing some checks tracker"

But, for the Tampa game ...Tim Thomas, man - is he playing with confidence

Marchand was brilliant again, Benoit looked good- I like his size and speed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Almost everybody played well- I'm going to start another thread called "when will Lucic and Horton start throwing some checks tracker" But, for the Tampa game ...Tim Thomas , man - is he playing with confidence Marchand was brilliant again, Benoit looked good- I like his size and speed.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Double minor . Have a seat beside Fletch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

I'm going with Seguin ... seems to have that extra bit of energy on every shift, and when he's got the puck, there's that brief flash of something deadly just about to break out.  But I can't argue with Marchand either ... fearless. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thomas Ok, Peverly OK; Bergeron definitely; Marchand, yes, but he had his stupid hat on to tangle with Moore who only wanted to take him off the ice; Thought pouliot showed some good effort, and both Seguin, good game, and Kelly, best game yet; also the first line woke up with Horton still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Both Campbell and Paille, particularly on the PK. Lots of good last night, a team win

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Tough one to pin down; Peverley, Thomas, Marchand and Seguin all worthy. 

I'll go Peverley with his two "Johnny-on-the-spot" goals.