Bruins Prospect List

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruins Prospect List

Good read on what's in the system.

http://kirkscall.hockeyjournal.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Re: Bruins Prospect List

Thanks for the article Chowdahkid, the player of the month posts below it were entertaining as well. Keep them coming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Enjoyed the read.  Knight over Caron, interesting.  Alexandrov free falling analysis a bit confusing.  Soderberg, still on the list... haha.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Yeah that was a good article/chart.  Soderberg is such a pu**y.  I'd flip flop Arniel and Sauve.  Thanks again TOR/Kessel for Knight.  A couple of observations:  No real good high end D prospects.  Dissapointed at Cross' assessment.  I hope we can land Ryan Murphy, but the way Reimer has been playing in TOR we'll be lucky to have a top 8 pick. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Excelent article...thank you. It was interesting to read that the B's prospects stable is largely devoid of any projected blue chip talent. Perhaps we have been viewing the prospects with rose coloured glasses?

Of course, our top prospect, Seguin, is already in the NHL and has 10 gaols.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Chowdahkid, thanks for the read man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Thanks Chowdah....good stuff. I'm basically too busy and/or too lazy to go find all this stuff myself so I appreciate it when posters share it here.
    By the way, have you manned up yet as demanded by the cyber-bully??? lol just kidding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List:
    [QUOTE]Excelent article...thank you. It was interesting to read that the B's prospects stable is largely devoid of any projected blue chip talent. Perhaps we have been viewing the prospects with rose coloured glasses? Of course, our top prospect, Seguin, is already in the NHL and has 10 gaols.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I made a side point related to this in another post.  This seems like a good thread to actually discuss it.  Playoff teams rarely get to pick up blue-chip prospects, simply because they have to draft later (Thank you Kessel!).  Since the Bruins have made it these past three years, it probably shouldn't be surprising that they don't have any.

With the veteran core the Bruins have, including comparative youngsters like Bergeron and Lucic, I don't think the lack of high-end prospects is a big concern, since there isn't much room on the NHL roster for them anyways.  To me, that means there are two criteria that are important when looking at the farm: are there prospects that could play key minor roles on a playoff team, and are there prospects that are both decent and low-risk that sellers would like when looking to trade rental players?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Great read.

I do have one question though. What team does have Blue Chip prospects on their farm? These days, if a player is even close to being ready, they have them up on the big club. 
    It appears that we don't have much in the way of Goaltending or Defensive prospects. But again, compared to other teams, I'd guess the B's are at least their equals all around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List : I made a side point related to this in another post.  This seems like a good thread to actually discuss it.  Playoff teams rarely get to pick up blue-chip prospects, simply because they have to draft later (Thank you Kessel!).  Since the Bruins have made it these past three years, it probably shouldn't be surprising that they don't have any. With the veteran core the Bruins have, including comparative youngsters like Bergeron and Lucic, I don't think the lack of high-end prospects is a big concern, since there isn't much room on the NHL roster for them anyways.  To me, that means there are two criteria that are important when looking at the farm: are there prospects that could play key minor roles on a playoff team, and are there prospects that are both decent and low-risk that sellers would like when looking to trade rental players?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Good points. You look at Detroit and they do a great job of weaving prospects into the lineup without having many ballyhooed draft picks. There seems to be something different with the Bruins today than five, 10 years ago. Through the 1990s, I never felt like they had good organizational depth and they needed to have a major hit with a first round pick. Those first rounders, largely, never made a serious contribution for a sustained period.

This is different.  The Bruins, because of the depth elsewhere, are in a better position to bring along kids. No "eggs in one basket" scenarios any longer. Granted, they need to bring along some studs on the blueline that can truly lead the team once Chara finally (if he ever) retires. But overall, Chiarelli has done a great job of transitioning this team to a stable and deep franchise. It doesn't hurt that you have a great mix of young and old in net with Timmy and Rask.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List : I made a side point related to this in another post.  This seems like a good thread to actually discuss it.  Playoff teams rarely get to pick up blue-chip prospects, simply because they have to draft later (Thank you Kessel!).  Since the Bruins have made it these past three years, it probably shouldn't be surprising that they don't have any. With the veteran core the Bruins have, including comparative youngsters like Bergeron and Lucic, I don't think the lack of high-end prospects is a big concern, since there isn't much room on the NHL roster for them anyways.  To me, that means there are two criteria that are important when looking at the farm: are there prospects that could play key minor roles on a playoff team, and are there prospects that are both decent and low-risk that sellers would like when looking to trade rental players?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think the Bruins have a good stock of young talent considering they have been a perennial playoff team of late. Some astute trades by PC also helped out in this regard (Boychuk, McQuaid, Kampfer, Bartkowski, Seguin...etc.)

We will only get stronger next year with the TO pick and our core is still young (for the most part).

It is a good time to be a Bruins fan....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I've seen both Knight & Spooner play against the Ice Dogs in the OHL. Both look really good. Hey Chowda, you from Niagara?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Having seen Cross at rookie camp and with the Eagles I'd rate him 2nd to Bartkowski in the Bruins system for defenseman. Tommy is a banger and has a mean streak with his 6'3" frame he might break the Bruins lineup in a couple of years.

I'd be surprised if Arniel or Knight beat Sauve to the bigs Max has just two less goals than Arniel with less games in Providence. PC does have some work to do with the defense core I'd like to see some more under radar Kampfer, McQuaid and Boychuk trades before the deadline.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

You also need prospects that will play a significant role.  The core of the Bruins is going to get more a more expensive as the years go by.  Some of the talented core will have to be moved to fit under the cap.  This is where the prospects come in and replace those minutes.  Ideally you repeat the Kessel maneuver and send off one of your core to restock the farm with high end prospects. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Great read. I do have one question though. What team does have Blue Chip prospects on their farm? These days, if a player is even close to being ready, they have them up on the big club.  It appears that we don't have much in the way of Goaltending or Defensive prospects. But again, compared to other teams, I'd guess the B's are at least their equals all around.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    Cody Hodgson is a good example for Vancouver.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List : You also need prospects that will play a significant role.  The core of the Bruins is going to get more a more expensive as the years go by.  Some of the talented core will have to be moved to fit under the cap.  This is where the prospects come in and replace those minutes.  Ideally you repeat the Kessel maneuver and send off one of your core to restock the farm with high end prospects. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    Ideally, yes.  That is the reality of the cap age, isn't it?  Just can't keep everyone you want.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List : You also need prospects that will play a significant role.  The core of the Bruins is going to get more a more expensive as the years go by.  Some of the talented core will have to be moved to fit under the cap.  This is where the prospects come in and replace those minutes.  Ideally you repeat the Kessel maneuver and send off one of your core to restock the farm with high end prospects. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

You are right about this. It is important to not pull a Chicago where a team wins the cup one year, dismantles, and fails to make the playoffs the next season. This is the Florida Marlin Syndrome for hockey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List : Cody Hodgson is a good example for Vancouver.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Okay, you got me. That's one! 
    Wasn't he down there due to injuries?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]Having seen Cross at rookie camp and with the Eagles I'd rate him 2nd to Bartkowski in the Bruins system for defenseman. Tommy is a banger and has a mean streak with his 6'3" frame he might break the Bruins lineup in a couple of years. I'd be surprised if Arniel or Knight beat Sauve to the bigs Max has just two less goals than Arniel with less games in Providence. PC does have some work to do with the defense core I'd like to see some more under radar Kampfer, McQuaid and Boychuk trades before the deadline.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]Really Sandog? Normally I trust your judgments but I am surprised to see you give Cross the thumbs up. I thought this guy was basically washing out of the system.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List : Okay, you got me. That's one!  Wasn't he down there due to injuries?
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    He's down there due to the depth in Van.You're right though.The blue-chippers in the minors are few and far between.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Prospect List : Really Sandog? Normally I trust your judgments but I am surprised to see you give Cross the thumbs up. I thought this guy was basically washing out of the system. Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

How much have you watched him ? Have you seen him at the last two camps ? Compared to the rest behind Bartkowski Cross is much better. Of course I'm a huge Eagles fan so I'm carrying a the kool-aid so a little biased.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrm09190. Show nrm09190's posts

In Response to Bruins Prospect List:
    [QUOTE]Good read on what's in the system. http://kirkscall.hockeyjournal.com/
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12811/tyler_seguin_headlines_skilled_and_mobile_group_of_prospects_for_boston_bruins/

this too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Interesting.  Looks like the folks at HF decided to give Seguin a score boost.  I'm pretty sure he was an 8.5C before.