Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey

Naoko Funayama@NaokoFunayama
    • Bruins recall forward Josh Hennessey from Providence. He has 15-15-30 in 49 games for Prov this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey

Interesting.  Someone else get hurt ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow.  Very interesting.  They are either trying to get a quick guage on organizational depth or something is in the works...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  Very interesting.  They are either trying to get a quick guage on organizational depth or something is in the works...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning towards your train of thought, Fletch.  It's around that time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Both moves make me believe something must be afoot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I haven't seen Hennessey play.  For those who have, what's his style of game?  Just wondering.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : I'm leaning towards your train of thought, Fletch.  It's around that time.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after the Kampfer move I still thought it was most likley a sincere effort to get him some playing time, but calling up Hennessy makes no sense unless somebody fell down the stairs this morning and we haven't heard about it yet...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wow.  Very interesting.  They are either trying to get a quick guage on organizational depth or something is in the works...
    Fletch, I said a month ago that my buddy who's a Dallas scout told me after watching a weekend of Prov games that Hennesey would get a call-up before too long. He said he looked like he had the skills to be playing in the NHL for some team at least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : Fletch, I said a month ago that my buddy who's a Dallas scout told me after watching a weekend of Prov games that Hennesey would get a call-up before too long. He said he looked like he had the skills to be playing in the NHL for some team at least.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Well, that's certainly good to hear dez.

So...you're saying...he's getting traded to Dallas after a 'showcase'?? ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Just when you need NAS for info on Providence he is on a hiatus bloggin trip.  Anyway, this call up is a stunner without info on possible injury.  Ahhh the trade line does trip one's thoughts, heh?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : Well, that's certainly good to hear dez. So...you're saying...he's getting traded to Dallas after a 'showcase'?? ;)
    I'm saying a Dallas scout noticed an NHL player on our farm club. He also said that Caron could replace Pouliot at the drop of a hat especially since he's far better defensively.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey :   Yeah, after the Kampfer move I still thought it was most likley a sincere effort to get him some playing time, but calling up Hennessy makes no sense unless somebody fell down the stairs this morning and we haven't heard about it yet...

Or hurt their back while eating pancakes like Dustin Penner did earlier this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What the heck is going on? Two recalls today and no obvious injuries?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I wonder if Peverley still has a nagging injury ? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : I'm saying a Dallas scout noticed an NHL player on our farm club. He also said that Caron could replace Pouliot at the drop of a hat especially since he's far better defensively.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I know, heh heh, I think you're friend is probably right too.  At least about Caron.  I know nothing about Hennessy firsthand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : Or hurt their back while eating pancakes like Dustin Penner did earlier this year.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

RichHill, that's a perfectly plausible injury...if you're 75 and weigh 300 pounds...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I have a feeling they were called up for the Montreal game. Back-to-back games. One against top contender and one against a no-show. I think top lines play Tuesday and Weds gets the powder puff for some showcasing for trades.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Might just be a good way to get their attention with a couple of tough back-to-back games this week.

Just to be safe though, #14 & #67 should pack lightly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : I'm leaning towards your train of thought, Fletch.  It's around that time. Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Yep I think Chiarelli wants to stay out front and get deals done for depth before the deadline looms. Sauve has been cleared to play so Providence would've had to send someone to Reading anyways now they don't have too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

The Bruins are going on a 11 day 6 game road trip starting Wed.

The Bruins have carried an extra forward, Hamill or Caron, and an extra defenseman, Kampfer, most of the season.  With Horton still not ready to play they're not going on the trip without an extra forward.

Hamill would have to clear re-entry waivers if the Bruins called him up and if he were to get claimed the Bruins are stuck for part of his salary.  With Hennessey he doesn't need to clear waivers.

Kampfer needs to play and that's the reason he was sent down. Andrew Bodnarchuk gives the Bruins an extra defenseman for the trip in case of injury and for practice if they want to give a maintenance day to Chara or one of the other D.

Bodnarchuk has been playing regularly so if the Bruins did need to play him hopefully he gives them more then what Kampfer provides, from sitting so many games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I got a theory.  They have *virtually* locked up a playoff spot, right?

So might as well try out some of the Providence boys and see if anyone can find an NHL game.  If they do, fine.  If someone sees them and like them and wants to trade some assets for them, that might be fine, too.

Long season and guys are getting dented.  Wouldn't hurt to rotate some other guys into the line up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : Yep I think Chiarelli wants to stay out front and get deals done for depth before the deadline looms. Sauve has been cleared to play so Providence would've had to send someone to Reading anyways now they don't have too.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Hennessy must be pumped. As a Rockland native, he's likely dreamed about suiting up for the Bruins for as long as he can remember. Hope he dresses against NYR.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins re-call Josh Hennessey : Hennessy must be pumped. As a Rockland native, he's likely dreamed about suiting up for the Bruins for as long as he can remember. Hope he dresses against NYR. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

He played 20 games with Ottawa and yah I'm sure he'll have plenty of family in the stands for sure Dez.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Could be something in the works or could be that Hamill and caron havent shown much in their limited time here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins are going on a 11 day 6 game road trip starting Wed. The Bruins have carried an extra forward, Hamill or Caron, and an extra defenseman, Kampfer, most of the season.  With Horton still not ready to play they're not going on the trip without an extra forward. Hamill would have to clear re-entry waivers if the Bruins called him up and if he were to get claimed the Bruins are stuck for part of his salary.  With Hennessey he doesn't need to clear waivers. Kampfer needs to play and that's the reason he was sent down. Andrew Bodnarchuk gives the Bruins an extra defenseman for the trip in case of injury and for practice if they want to give a maintenance day to Chara or one of the other D.    Bodnarchuk has been playing regularly so if the Bruins did need to play him hopefully he gives them more then what Kampfer provides, from sitting so many games.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]
    Good analysis. Why bring up Hamill and get stuck for 1/2 his salary if someone picks him up. Hennessy is older and has a little NHL time. The alternative might have been Whitfield and at least Hennessy gets a start with his home town team. He can always fill in the 4th line.