Bruins recall Bodnarchuck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Bruins recall Bodnarchuck

Are these the last days of Steve Kampfer? Somethings a-bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Bruins recall Bodnarchuck

Someone sitting out practice maybe?  Not sure why they'd go with Bodnarchuk over Kampfer.  Maybe they just want a different look during practice?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Interesting.  Maybe they're just assessing depth on the blueline.  Bartkowski seems to be playing better in Providence and I assumed he might be first in line for a call-up.  Seems a little early for someone to be on the move in a trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins recall Bodnarchuck:
    [QUOTE]Seems a little early for someone to be on the move in a trade.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Actually, Chia had stated that he wants to make his moves before the team leaves on the upcoming roadie so the timing may be just right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bodnarchuck looked Ok when called up two years ago, and it's confusing why he hasn't improved or hasn't ben considered for the NHL. This year, both of the coaches are defense oriented, so maybe they have helped improve his basic skills. Too little to go on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins recall Bodnarchuck : Actually, Chia had stated that he wants to make his moves before the team leaves on the upcoming roadie so the timing may be just right.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kind of hope you're right about that, but at the time it struck me as Chia bluffing a bit to imply that Bruins offers will come off the table if teams stall.  The only reason I think it is too early is because so few teams are ready to admit that they are out of the playoffs right now.  Two weeks later, that may change.  Johhny Oduya was a good example, where Winnipeg has every incentive to hold out and see where their position is in two weeks.  That said, I would love for Chia to strike early, if a decent deal presents itself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Very interesting developement. Seems a bit odd though. Who's roster spot is he taking? is it Kampfer?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ...The only reason I think it is too early is because so few teams are ready to admit that they are out of the playoffs right now. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Blue Jackets were mathematically eliminated yesterday. 1 down...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins recall Bodnarchuck : Actually, the Blue Jackets were mathematically eliminated yesterday. 1 down...
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

They were conceptually elimated the day Howson signed Wiz. to a ridiculous deal.

As of today, Bodnarchuk is the only defenseman on the P-Bruins who is not a minus player.  He's even.  He's also in the same boat as Hamill in that he's an RFA after the season and he's had only very short auditions to show that he has potential to play in the bigs.  Given that he plays D, and D take longer to develop, this may just be a change to get Kampfer a number of games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Could it be as simple as giving Kampfer playing time in Providence, and so someone else comes up and sits in the press box for the big boys?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Kampfer would fit right in as a defenceman the Oilers are looking for ! Nice thought, till I read that the Oil just signed Sutton to a 1yr deal. Hope Kampfer gets lot's of ice time with the baby B's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The plot thickens...

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs
    • Andrew Bodnarchuk confirms he's going on long 11 day trip w/#bruins

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Corvo or Kampfer will be gone soon

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Any time a pending deal or offer is in place, such as possible Bodnarchuk, The dealing team wants to see how that plater does in the NOW nhl game. I think hes being show cased. You certainly wouldnt think theres a deal in place to rid of corvo just yet and replaced by kampher or bodnarchik, if so im sure its temporary. The Bs maybe needong some picks for a bigger deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I had forgot about Bartowski and from what I can remember of the three...Bodnarchuk, Kampfer and Bartowski, Bartowski seems to be the most stable and NHL ready in my OPINION. He also seemed stable in the later more important games of the season but if they do not get rid of Corvo and stabalize things back there we could all pulling our hair out. Definetly need a D and F for the post season. PC magic a brewing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Anything I saw of Bartowski, I thought was dreadful. I actually saw some good stuff from Kampfer, but he's struggled a bit in his limited role this year.  I think he needs to play more to get confident. I get the feeling something is about to happen on the trade front.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

wally's taking advantage of NAS's self-imposed absence!  ("showcase")  The Bruins didn't need to showcase Colborne, and I don't think they played Karsums and Lashoff in such a way that they sold themselves to the Lightning.  I'd also be surprised if Bodnarchuk is the guy on anyone's radar except as a minor league swap.

You could make the same statement about Kampfer.  The Bruins got him for a mid-round draft pick.  Has he done much of anything since getting into the Bruins system for another team to think he's a building block?  Last year, maybe - 10 points in 38 games is intrguing in a young defenseman - but he hasn't followed up, and I know I remember Matt Hunwick so I expect GMs will too.

So I'm putting my $2 on this being a shuffle so that Kampfer doesn't have a lost season of sitting on Media row.  I'm sure he benefits from being up for practices, but he needs to play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I think the concern is that we have no depth down in Providence right now on the defense of side that is NHL ready.