Bruins Recall Kevan Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Bruins Recall Kevan Miller

http://nesn.com/2013/12/bruins-recall-defenseman-kevan-miller-in-wake-of-dennis-seidenberg-injury/

It is my understanding that if Kevan is sent back down this season he has to go through waivers and and i think he will be certainly lost..

Pretty solid D from what I've seen so far... could create a log jam for next year...B's currently have 5 D under contract next year with Krug and Bart as RFA's.... should be interesting how PC stick handles through that...

BBB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins Recall Kevan Miller

PC mentioned, after he sent Miller down recently, that he would not go back to Providence after his next call up. No way would the Bruins make Miller vulnerable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://nesn.com/2013/12/bruins-recall-defenseman-kevan-miller-in-wake-of-dennis-seidenberg-injury/

It is my understanding that if Kevan is sent back down this season he has to go through waivers and and i think he will be certainly lost..

Pretty solid D from what I've seen so far... could create a log jam for next year...B's currently have 5 D under contract next year with Krug and Bart as RFA's.... should be interesting how PC stick handles through that...

BBB

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that Miller gets traded in the off season, 4th round pick area, or hopefully swapping for some d prospect like boychuk or mcquaid was a few years. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

With Seidenberg gone for the season, Miller will stay for the year, no need to send him back down. They sent him down because they didn't have space - now they do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If PC does make a trade to gain an experienced defenseman, BB's eharmony consumate poster pick Yandle, then a forward would have to be traded to make room.  As I read in another thread, stay the course until after the Olympics then make the move based upon the performance of the young defenseman to that point.  This is why a player like Mark Stuart seems more probable.  Cheers Sandoggy, Happy New Year.  Thanks for all the information over the years. 

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PC mentioned, after he sent Miller down recently, that he would not go back to Providence after his next call up. No way would the Bruins make Miller vulnerable.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BBB

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that Miller gets traded in the off season, 4th round pick area, or hopefully swapping for some d prospect like boychuk or mcquaid was a few years. 

[/QUOTE]

With a fourth round pick, wouldn't they be hoping for a guy just like Miller?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BBB

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With a fourth round pick, wouldn't they be hoping for a guy just like Miller?

[/QUOTE]

yup. so now instead of just saying what you wanted to say all along, you ask a question so you can make a smart a-ss comment in the future. I'll save you the time. Ya. you want a guy like miller, so why would you trade a 7th d man who is 26 for a pick? because next year you'll have absolutely no room for him in the NHL, so you might as well get something for your asset. Done. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Good for him... looked good so far!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks Isla and have a great New Year as well.

In response to islamorada's comment:[QUOTE]Cheers Sandoggy, Happy New Year.  Thanks for all the information over the years. 

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:[QUOTE]PC mentioned, after he sent Miller down recently, that he would not go back to Providence after his next call up. No way would the Bruins make Miller vulnerable.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

yup. so now instead of just saying what you wanted to say all along, you ask a question so you can make a smart a-ss comment in the future. I'll save you the time. Ya. you want a guy like miller, so why would you trade a 7th d man who is 26 for a pick? because next year you'll have absolutely no room for him in the NHL, so you might as well get something for your asset. Done. 

[/QUOTE]

The odds of a fourth round pick becoming an NHLer are very low.  They're better off keeping him.  As of right now, he has no trade value anyway.  He a free agent signing that has spent years in the AHL while such great players as Aaron Johnson got called up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay than how about the other option which you ignored. swapping him with a prospect a bit younger. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

okay than how about the other option which you ignored. swapping him with a prospect a bit younger. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't like this idea.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do you think you'd get in return?

How about the option you ignored:  Keeping him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

What do you think you'd get in return?

How about the option you ignored:  Keeping him?

[/QUOTE]

I like this idea better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Miller will be here to stay, hes proven himself and as time goes he will prove he belongs to stay in Boston. Now saying that, when it comes to crunch time and dealing, other teams that wanna make deals are  those who are looking for depth help for the playoffsm yes Miller fits that and as Nas mentioned why trade away for a 4thif thats all he will bring. Hes better than a 7th Dman,and the other teams who are willing to make deal,( because there rebuilding and out of the playoffs) want your prospects, the bruins have a couple of those who will be asked about. The end is near for some of those teams now who wanna shed salary now and begin the rebuild.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Keeping him makes the most sense just because he's a rarity in the Bruins' system right now: a defensive defenseman.  Strong guy, solid in his own end, good size.  Guys like Krug, Bartkowski, Morrow, Warsofvsky are all smaller (some smaller than others) and their games are based on mobility and puck movement.  Miller's the closest thing to a replacement for Seidneberg, and given that DS is coming back from an ACL injury, it's no sure thing he'll be what he was.

And as Ernesto pointed out, that's why they've brought him up and not kept Trotman or Warsofsky or given Morrow a look: he's the closest thing they have to replace the kind of game (not necessarily the quality of game) DS brought.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keeping him makes the most sense just because he's a rarity in the Bruins' system right now: a defensive defenseman.  Strong guy, solid in his own end, good size.  Guys like Krug, Bartkowski, Morrow, Warsofvsky are all smaller (some smaller than others) and their games are based on mobility and puck movement.  Miller's the closest thing to a replacement for Seidneberg, and given that DS is coming back from an ACL injury, it's no sure thing he'll be what he was.

And as Ernesto pointed out, that's why they've brought him up and not kept Trotman or Warsofsky or given Morrow a look: he's the closest thing they have to replace the kind of game (not necessarily the quality of game) DS brought.

[/QUOTE]

No.  They should trade him for a 4th round pick or a younger player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Miller is worth more than a Chiarelli 1st rounder.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miller is worth more than a Chiarelli 1st rounder.

[/QUOTE]

He certainly is!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

No.  They should trade him for a 4th round pick or a younger player.

[/QUOTE]

Oh.  Ok.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

To me miller is a combination of mcquaid and boychuk. Id have him anyday on my roster

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The guy has played nine NHL games.

What the heck is going on with you people these days?  You'd think Spooner and Miller were taken 1 and 2 in the draft and had blue chip written all over them.

My word.

Talk about over reaction.

Did anyone see Grzelcyk in the world juniors?  Trade Krejci!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

The guy has played nine NHL games.

What the heck is going on with you people these days?  You'd think Spooner and Miller were taken 1 and 2 in the draft and had blue chip written all over them.

My word.

Talk about over reaction.

[/QUOTE]

Over reaction is figuring Spooner needs to bury the back of the net to prove himself.

My word indeed.......... on that thought.

Isn't playing a solid all-around game good enough or have you fallen into the trap of looking at stats ( goals ) as to whether a player is playing well enough ?

What the heck is going on with you these days lately if that is the case ?

And yes .................Bruins brass thinks Spooner can be a good hockey player. I'm comfortable with thinking that also. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

Did anyone see Grzelcyk in the world juniors?  Trade Krejci! [/QUOTE]

Yes I sure did, played great. Grzelcyk is a defenseman not a center.