BRUINS SIGN FORWARD CAMARA TO ENTRY-LEVEL NHL CONTRACT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZefBruin. Show ZefBruin's posts

BRUINS SIGN FORWARD CAMARA TO ENTRY-LEVEL NHL CONTRACT

Hi to all! I've been coming here for a while to check on Bruins news, etc. and this is my first post. Thought you'd be interested in this.. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418162

Curious to know more about him and what his signing means to the team.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: BRUINS SIGN FORWARD CAMARA TO ENTRY-LEVEL NHL CONTRACT

The signing was just a matter of time. He's been hard for me to guage because he's been playing with Schiefele. Some of the OHL followers here have said a lot of his points are directly because of playing on that line, so we'll see what he can do once he gets out from under Mark's shadow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

The signing was just a matter of time. He's been hard for me to guage because he's been playing with Schiefele. Some of the OHL followers here have said a lot of his points are directly because of playing on that line, so we'll see what he can do once he gets out from under Mark's shadow.

Hey Red, whats with Schiefele not making the Jets, not ready or does Noel not like his game ? Its not like the Jets are loaded up front.just wondering.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If he can succeed with Schiefele, he should be able to succeed with Peverley, right?  He can't be worse than some of the other options we've seen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Hey Red, whats with Schiefele not making the Jets, not ready or does Noel not like his game ? Its not like the Jets are loaded up front.just wondering.

Noel didn't want to push the kid too hard too fast, so he was limiting his minutes - dating back to the Thrashers days this team has always put a lot of pressure on their top picks from the get go, and Chevy and Noel have both said they want to end that strategy. Since he was getting limited time, when Chevy sent him down he said he was ready to play at the NHL level but that he thought he'd get more benefit from increased ice time in the O. I expect him to go to the Ice Caps once his season is done in Barrie and be in the lineup for the Jets full-time next year. It looks to me like the Jets are taking a long-term view, and didn't want to burn a contract year when he wouldn't be getting a lot of minutes.

As for Camara, you may be right NAS - I really have not seen much of him due to being out here with the WHL squads. If we have some folks who watch Barrie frequently I'd like to hear their updated take - has it changed since earlier this season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ZefBruin's comment:

Hi to all! I've been coming here for a while to check on Bruins news, etc. and this is my first post. Thought you'd be interested in this.. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418162

Curious to know more about him and what his signing means to the team.

Thanks!

Thx for the news and welcome to the board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It sure looked like playing with Scheifele had a lot to do with AC suddenly finding a goal-scoring touch, but I think that impression has to have changed over the course of the season. First two games I saw, yes, Camara and Scheifele combined for goals, but two of the goals were solid finishes in tight with Scheifele making a hard, accurate pass that Camara took cleanly and slammed home.  Two others were Camara making the kind of play you see from Lucic - he used his strength to retreive a puck along the boards and made a strong pass to an open guy that either led to a goal directly or indirectly (a second pass). In other words, yes, playing with top notch talent meant that his good offensive plays resulted in numbers more often than not, but he was making good plays.  He was selected for the WJHC because he showed he could fit in with talent.

He didn't play with Scheifele for a chunk of time partly because MS was in Winnipeg. He was with Zach Hall, Barrie's other high-scoring C.  Chowdah posted the full lines - I didn't see any of these games - but the upshot is that a) Camara continued to produce and b) Hawerchuk kept that combination for a while even after Scheifele returned.  I missed my last chance to see Barrie (they lost to a very bad team...), but maybe Chowdah can fill in what their lines are now.

The story on Scheifele that I heard was that he wasn't getting a lot of ice time in the Pig, and asked to go back to Barrie for a chance at an OHL title and Memorial Cup.  Apparently he and Hawerchuk get along very well. I saw two of his four games in the NHL and he was noticeable on the ice.  Had some real chances, but didn't bury them.  On the one hand, hard for him to crack their top six, but on the other hand what in the bejeebus are they paying $4.5M to Olli Jokinen for?!@?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Games without Scheifele

12-11/02  1G

13-01/11 to 02/01  8Gm 6G3A

13-02/23-28            2Gm 1G1A After missing 6 games

Totals without Scheif

11games  8G 4A

With Scheif

37Gm 28G 20A

His production is down without Scheif, but 8G in 11games is nothing to sneeze at, his potential is still very high.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

So he's maintained better than a point per game pace without him? Sounds pretty legit to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZefBruin. Show ZefBruin's posts

Thanks, Stan! Glad to help and happy to be here.

Thx for the news and welcome to the board.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I missed my last chance to see Barrie (they lost to a very bad team...), but maybe Chowdah can fill in what their lines are now.

[/QUOTE]

Camara is back with Scheifele and Hall on the top line after not playing with them the weekend prior.

Athanasiou has been dropped down to the second line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Games without Scheifele

12-11/02  1G

13-01/11 to 02/01  8Gm 6G3A

13-02/23-28            2Gm 1G1A After missing 6 games

Totals without Scheif

11games  8G 4A

With Scheif

37Gm 28G 20A

His production is down without Scheif, but 8G in 11games is nothing to sneeze at, his potential is still very high.

Sorry Colt fans hope they are one n done. Seeing Camara get set up by Spooner n Bourque sooner would be more fun...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

As for Camara, you may be right NAS - I really have not seen much of him due to being out here with the WHL squads. If we have some folks who watch Barrie frequently I'd like to hear their updated take - has it changed since earlier this season?

[/QUOTE]

The way he's improved from last year is eye opening. Last year he was more of a dump and chaser. This year his puckhandling is so much better. He makes plays.

On Sunday's game he made a move that split the defense that was impressive. Last year it wouldn't have happened.

Playing with top end talent has been good for his game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A new person here with something useful to contribute?  Color me shocked.  Welcome to the board!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Another interesting thing about Camara. His first three years in the OHL he had 39 fights during the regular season. This year ? So far 2.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/12809

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If he can succeed with Schiefele, he should be able to succeed with Peverley, right?  He can't be worse than some of the other options we've seen.

at worst, he plays at bourque's level or worse and gets shipped to providence.  Id really like to see him suit up for a game just to see how he does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

A new person here with something useful to contribute?  Color me shocked.  Welcome to the board!

I agree, Fletch.  Welcome to the new guy.  Many of the new guy first posts are filled with reetarded trade ideas, telling me that they hate me, and lovey-dovey for Bergeron.

Let's hope he can contribute further.  A good persepective is always welcome!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Another interesting thing about Camara. His first three years in the OHL he had 39 fights during the regular season. This year ? So far 2.

Ohl passed rules this year regarding how many fights a player could be in. The fight totals have drastically dropped this year bcs of that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Next season I would not be surprised if camara is on the third line starting. He is the right size already for the nhl and plays a power winger game. What other prospects can do that in our pool. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Ohl passed rules this year regarding how many fights a player could be in. The fight totals have drastically dropped this year bcs of that. 

His lack of fighting has more to do with his promotion to a first line winger and staying on the ice then the 10 fight rule. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The sun comes up in the East.

Chowda schools heyoo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

His lack of fighting has more to do with his promotion to a first line winger and staying on the ice then the 10 fight rule. 

Thought he was no longer on the first line your words not mine. Sun is setting heyoo wins again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Thought he was no longer on the first line your words not mine. Sun is setting heyoo wins again.

heyoo loses....

He said that Camara was BACK on the first line after playing on the 2nd line the week before.

Your elementary school teachers failed to teach you basic reading comprehension. If we were on an island, I'd vote you off. Take that, 2005!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8105U1WY9ro

• Chowdahkid-
    • First: 2/13/2010
    • Last: 3/14/2013

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I missed my last chance to see Barrie (they lost to a very bad team...), but maybe Chowdah can fill in what their lines are now.

[/QUOTE]

Camara is back with Scheifele and Hall on the top line after not playing with them the weekend prior.

Athanasiou has been dropped down to the second line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

good to see some talent developing, but let's focus on the existing team. It looked as though Dineen determined his only asset was speed, so he turned his young players loose, and they hustled and showed up the Bruins D problems from age and old injuries. Need someone other than Johnson to provide a spark. Bergie nailed it when he said "handling the puck" was their problem. Kreji's line moved better, but did not control the puck very well.