Bruins TD Feb 14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Bruins TD Feb 14

As last year, the Bruins should wrap up and dealings (or significant ones) before the road trip. So what are our likely (I said likely) targets and who's going to be the departed?

I think the only piece I've seen that could be moved is Corvo, just really looks out of place.

A nice pick up is Ruutu, and I know the B's were trying to get him for two years.

Wonder if Hamill, Caron or someone else will be packaged for something bigger? Weber perhaps? Add a first roudn pick and who knows.

I don't believe in the Thomas trade rumours at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bruins TD Feb 14

In Response to Bruins TD Feb 14:
    [QUOTE]As last year, the Bruins should wrap up and dealings (or significant ones) before the road trip. So what are our likely (I said likely) targets and who's going to be the departed? I think the only piece I've seen that could be moved is Corvo, just really looks out of place. A nice pick up is Ruutu, and I know the B's were trying to get him for two years. Wonder if Hamill, Caron or someone else will be packaged for something bigger? Weber perhaps? Add a first roudn pick and who knows. I don't believe in the Thomas trade rumours at all.
    Posted by ErnestoGiove[/QUOTE]

Neither do I, they seem to be based on the idea that Jacobs would be ticked, but JJ is waaaaay more politically involved than TT, and he's a lot more hypocritical about it
    http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php?type=name&lname=Jacobs&fname=Jeremy&off=0

In terms of real trades, I have to go by what PC was saying, which was that he did not want to impact team chemistry at all, and was just looking for tweaks.

Leads to believe no roster players will be moved, and any trades will be picks and prospects for depth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think Corvo could still be bounced. I don't think he is really considered a "roster" player, even though he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

OK, let me try my crystal ball.

PC will not make a trade with the Dallas Stars, the Nashville Predators, the New York Islanders, the Carolina Hurricanes, or the Colorado Avalanche, as he will not want to send back the pieces in return that would be required in order for those teams to stay above the cap floor. It would take to much salary wise going back for any players from those teams that we would actually want.

So Suter, Weber, Tootoo, Kostitsyn, Hornqvist, Streit, Gleason, Pitkanen, Allen, Spacek etc. are all off the table.

Potential sellers are hard to predict, but teams with cap issues who are likely to be out are usually good places to start. PC is aware of the UFA's and RFA's he needs to get done this summer, and he has repeatedly said that he doesn't want to do anything to mess up the teams chemistry. So that likely means he's looking for a player with a lower cap hit that would be a benefit to the team but could be had for picks and prospects. He has said that he's willing to move the first rounder (and possibly next years as well) as it, in his words "will basically be a second round pick."

So who would be selling possibly and what do they have that PC would want for the parts/price he's willing to pay?

Calgary
    Not likely to be in the hunt and won't have a lot of cap space this summer,  and may be entering a rebuilding phase, where prospects and picks could be appealing.

Curtis Glencross - at 2.5 million for three more years he's afforable an gives us epth for awhile, with a versatile wiger who can play both sides.

Chris Butler - 1.25 an RFA after next year. Likely the most costly, but coul be had with the first an some aitional pieces. Great depth addition, can eat up minutes when needed responsible in his own end, and can move the puck. His potential ups his cost.

Buffalo
    No cap space and an underperforming team.

Marc Andre Gragnani - RFA this summer, that could cause problems with signing in Buffalo. Great depth , with solid play in his own zone.

Montreal
    Has more players to sign this summer than they have money to do, and are a complete train wreck on the ice.

Moen - Gettable, can play both wings when needed, though stonger on the left an can push Paile, Thornton, Pouliot, Caron and Hamill. Arguably an upgrade on any of them. Likely a rental.

Gill - Only D I coul see PC interested in and a rental.

Toronto
    No one understands what the heck Burke is doing, least of all Burke, but PC seems to work well with him.

Kulemin - Could be more costly because of age and potential, but same argument for him as with Moen.

Gunnarson - See Butler, but not as good.

Columbus
    Disaster and could be cleaning house

Prospal - A gettable rental if Columbus decides to blow it up. Is on the block and would work well with our bottom six
    Would PC want any of their D?

So there's my crystal ball predictions - I'm betting there's a chance PC is looking at landing one or two of those guys, and will do so before the deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just bumping this because I do want a response from knowledgable fans about my trade ieas. I seldom ever do trade projections, but I thought these were realistic.