Bruins v. Leafs (23/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Bruins v. Leafs (23/03/13)

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to G4ck5's comment:

Does anyone else agree that CJ needs to scratch Lucic for a game? Maybe that will get Lucic's fire back. He is playing like he doesn't give a sh.t. It's so frustrating watching him skating around like he doesn't have to hit or score. It's sad with Pallie and Thornton have more goals then Lucic. BENCH LUCIC FOR A GAME CJ!

Something's gotta give.  I'll tell you this:  He better not dress Lucic and Horton and bench them for the game!

Like Steve Kasper did to Neely and Tocchet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The next 2 games couldn't come at a better time. Bruins will not lose to the Leafs 2 straight and that'll give them a lift to play the Habs.  Habs another team Bruins not too happy to have lost the last time around.   Nothing like a little homecoming.

I can see this unfolding exactly as you describe, BsL.  Perhaps with the return of Boychuk on the D.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Does anyone else agree that CJ needs to scratch Lucic for a game? Maybe that will get Lucic's fire back. He is playing like he doesn't give a sh.t. It's so frustrating watching him skating around like he doesn't have to hit or score. It's sad with Pallie and Thornton have more goals then Lucic. BENCH LUCIC FOR A GAME CJ!

Something's gotta give.  I'll tell you this:  He better not dress Lucic and Horton and bench them for the game!

Neely and Kevin Stevens

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

only thing horton does consistently is chew his mouthpiece.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Great game from Bartkowski for a rookie. He has a long way to go before he will ever be a 6 or 7 defenseman. Julien put him back on the ice in the 3rd which says his coach will work with him.

Hey did Peverley play tonight ?

I heard allot of GMs are after him.

Lol, San you put the line in the water and he took the bait hard, that gave me a good laugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Chef09's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Neely and Kevin Stevens

Good catch Chef.  It was Stevens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Great game from Bartkowski for a rookie. He has a long way to go before he will ever be a 6 or 7 defenseman. Julien put him back on the ice in the 3rd which says his coach will work with him.

Lol, San you put the line in the water and he took the bait hard, that gave me a good laugh.

Yeah, Stan17.  I took the bait hard.  I spent a little time and did some research and exposed this jerk for the fraud he is.  He spent half of his night posting lies and now everyone can see.

How can anyone respect this guy at all?  How can anyone put any stock in his opinion.  He thinks Jared Boll is a Top 6 forward.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I would expect nothing less.  He is their play by play guy, right?  

No. John Shorthouse is. Hughson works for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

Marchand-Krejci-Paille (wheels)

Peverly-Bergeron-Seguin (skill)

Lucic-Campbell-Horton (crash)

Caron-Spooner-Thornton (sparingly)

you know as well as I that there is no way CJ is going to make such radical changes. We will be lucky to see Caron replace Spooner next game...that's about it.

You no that actually looks kind of iteresting to me,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

No. John Shorthouse is. Hughson works for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada.

Oh, okay.  It must have been another HNIC game that I was watching with Hughson calling the game.  I thought it was odd/too familiar when he was using the Sedin's first names only.

Either way, I enjoy his work.  It can be traced back to when he did the play-by-play for one of the video games about 10 years ago.  He and Darren Rae (Ray?) were the last fun guys to do that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

You no that actually looks kind of iteresting to me,

Are you too lazy to type the "k" and the "w" for the word "know" or do you not "know" how it is spelled?  This isn't a grammar police question.  This misspelling actually makes your posts difficult to read.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I know it's out of context but you said we'll be lucky if Caron is put back in. I'm holding you to it. 

He had the hole off season to try and improve this team,and he got Pandolfo

lol...you know that is precisely what is going to happen. Spooner will sit and Caron will fill in on the third line. That's about it. Presto...this team is now a contender again....:)

You know, I find it funny some are comparing the 2013 Bruins with the 2012 Kings by saying LA was struggling too. Remember what Lombardi did to spark the team? That's right, he added Carter. I am very skeptical PC will pull off a comparable move.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to POWERSURGE's comment:

time for a change... Iginla, maybe bouwmester...Horton can go or Peverley.. Subban, Spooner...

injuries to mcquaid, boychuk.. calls for a drastic move...

This was the most deflating lost of the season...

Iggy and bouw means a lot of cap.   And a heck of a lot going back the other way.  Teams in sell mode usually do seperate moves to max gain.   Im all about iggy and him replacing horton on that second line(I will always consider bergies line #1).  

horton would be dealt to sj for clowe.  Change of ufas.  

1st/2nd/spooner for iggy/Sarich

peverly would be dealt to caps for chimera.  

Dk/lucic/iggy. Bergie/march/seguin.  Kelly/clowe/chimera. 

Not ready to trade Horton,to me it's all about the play offs,Bruin's wouldn't have gotten anywhere near cup without Horton.They definetly need someone for third line,but i wouldn't start tearing team appart,Now if they go out in the first round of play offs.than yeah go crazy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

You know what is great bout it is he stopped what he was doing on a Saturday night, at midnight no less , to find the thread. That probably took about a half hour and then he porves my point.

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere."

What an azz woopin and it only tok me two seconds to put the BDC bully down for the count!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You can keep posting the same drivel, but it doesn't change the fact that it's all lies.

(and everyone can see it)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Last nite lost was all Khudobin's. I still don't have an issue with the 1st goal, but the last 2 need to be stopped. I had a work issue last night, so I had to watch the replay this AM. Dez was bang about being too deep on the 2nd goal The 3rd goal? .Well to quote Don Cherry. "He looked like a Buffalo wandering around in a swamp!" Horrific effort on Anton's part. The team is in shambles & if Chara, Bergeron & Ference haven't called a players only meeting yet they better do it soon.

Far too many guys taking the nite off. Lucic & Horton are not playing hockey. They're out there, but they may as well not be. Both of them have something wrong with them. Lucic is thinking about where he wants to invest his millions & Horton is wondering if he wants to play hockey anymore for a living.

I don't know if CJ is losing this group, or not. And his plan on the way he wanted to punish Rask back fired on him. When Rask didn't take the responsibility for that 2nd goal in the Jets game the way "CJ thought he should" & Khudo won the next game. This was to prove a point to Rask. Well his point failed miserably, because Khudo decided to go AWOL last night & Rask got to play after all. Which means that the B's NEED him, because Khudobin can't be trusted to be relied on. Not saying Khudobin isn't a good goalie, but this is what happened in the 09-10 season when TT lost his jam. Regardless if it was because of a bad hip or not is irrelevent. Rask got in there & seized the moment. Khudobin may have just lost his meal ticket & it could end up being the story of his career. When you're not bonafide & highly touted. You need to seize the opportunity when it comes your way, because if you don't it just may never happen again.

In the past when this team went into a funk the whole team did. Now, you have the 4th line playing better than the 1a, or b line. So, this is what can cause a riff in the room. This is where the bickering can start & the team separates from one another & there ends up being 2 sides instead of one. I'm not saying it's there yet, but this team isn't in sync at all. And I honestly can say I haven't seen the team like this since CJ took over. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Oh, okay.  It must have been another HNIC game that I was watching with Hughson calling the game.  I thought it was odd/too familiar when he was using the Sedin's first names only.

Either way, I enjoy his work.  It can be traced back to when he did the play-by-play for one of the video games about 10 years ago.  He and Darren Rae (Ray?) were the last fun guys to do that.

[/QUOTE]

NAS, your mistake is an easy one to make. Hughson started his career working on Canucks broadcast in the 80's. Then he joined TSN until 1994 then did Canucks Radio before going to CTV SportsNet, then to SportsNet Pacific which basically was all Canuck games. He's admitted to always being a Canucks fan, but he never showed it while he was announcing until 2011. The only announcer's that I have heard stay unbias during National coverage is Danny Gallivan & Chris Cuthbert. Bob Cole used to be fantastic too, but even he showed his love of the Leafs at times. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

NAS, your mistake is an easy one to make. Hughson started his career working on Canucks broadcast in the 80's. Then he joined TSN until 1994 then did Canucks Radio before going to CTV SportsNet, then to SportsNet Pacific which basically was all Canuck games. He's admitted to always being a Canucks fan, but he never showed it while he was announcing until 2011. The only announcer's that I have heard stay unbias during National coverage is Danny Gallivan & Chris Cuthbert. Bob Cole used to be fantastic too, but even he showed his love of the Leafs at times. 

[/QUOTE]

I've always liked Hughson, then in the Stanely Cup final it was too blantant his love for the Canucks.  He was acting like a fan coming up with excuses , on air , why the Canucks should be winning and it wasn't that Bruins were the better team , especailly the home games in Boston.  I really got turned off.

I mean Jack Edwards loves the Bruins also but he will not make excuses when the other team is better, actually he'll pile it on against the Bruins.  Then again Jack works for the New England Sports Network unlike Canadian Broadcasting Corporation .  Big difference right there.

BookBoy had some great points that summer on Hughson

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I've always liked Hughson, then in the Stanely Cup final it was too blantant his love for the Canucks.  He was acting like a fan coming up with excuses , on air , why the Canucks should be winning and it wasn't that Bruins were the better team , especailly the home games in Boston.  I really got turned off.

I mean Jack Edwards loves the Bruins also but he will not make excuses when the other team is better, actually he'll pile it on against the Bruins.  Then again Jack works for the New England Sports Network unlike Canadian Broadcasting Corporation .  Big difference right there.

[/QUOTE]

Craig Simpson isn't much better. I'll take Harry Neale anyday, at least Harry was comical at times. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Craig Simpson isn't much better. I'll take Harry Neale anyday, at least Harry was comical at times. 

[/QUOTE]

Healy,Hughson,Simpson were all over the top Nuck bag sniffers during the B's Cup run, totally unprofessional and very hard to listen to. It got so bad i switched to the NBC feed which had "Hollerin" Doc Emrik, Eddie Olcyk and Pierre McGuire, how bad is that? Anyway have never looked at Hughson the same, good announcer but his heavily biased Nuck slant did it. The Karma police should take care of him as the Nucks likely won't make a return to the Finals until Hughson is forgetting players names like Cole.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Healy,Hughson,Simpson were all over the top Nuck bag sniffers during the B's Cup run, totally unprofessional and very hard to listen to. It got so bad i switched to the NBC feed which had "Hollerin" Doc Emrik, Eddie Olcyk and Pierre McGuire, how bad is that? Anyway have never looked at Hughson the same, good announcer but his heavily biased Nuck slant did it. The Karma police should take care of him as the Nucks likely won't make a return to the Finals until Hughson is forgetting players names like Cole.

That is B-A-D!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Healy,Hughson,Simpson were all over the top Nuck bag sniffers during the B's Cup run, totally unprofessional and very hard to listen to. It got so bad i switched to the NBC feed which had "Hollerin" Doc Emrik, Eddie Olcyk and Pierre McGuire, how bad is that?Anyway have never looked at Hughson the same, good announcer but his heavily biased Nuck slant did it. The Karma police should take care of him as the Nucks likely won't make a return to the Finals until Hughson is forgetting players names like Cole.

That is B-A-D!

What feed did you listen to? I didn't think NESN did the the Finals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I watched it on NBC or whatever the channel was that showed it here in the US.  And I hated every minute of the commentary.  I honestly watched some full periods with the TV on mute.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I watched it on NBC or whatever the channel was that showed it here in the US.  And I hated every minute of the commentary.  I honestly watched some full periods with the TV on mute.

Hilarious, me as well, although it was the CBC broadcast that i (my wife)muted. My wife and i were watching the B's/Tampa series, forget which game, and right in the middle of the second period my wife gets up without saying anything ,walks over to the remote and puts it on mute and says if i have to listen to Healy one more minute i'm going to explode.We watched the rest of the game on mute. After that we watched the rest of the games on NBC.