Bruins v Leafs playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Bruins v Leafs playoffs

In response to kitchener's comment:

Have no idea how this series will go,have no idea which Bruin team will show up,if the Bruin team is the one that has been playing the last 20 games or so,don't think Bruins will win this series

When the B's won the Cup in 2011 they won only 8 of their final 18 games, i wish they were playing better going into the playoffs but it definately isn't a prerequisite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Bruins in 6. I think the Leafs are a great match up for the B's. This is the type of series that can wake them up. It'll be physical and that's where the B's have been lacking lately. When they play their physical style, everything else seems to fall back into place.

I'm thinking along the same lines.  Right now, the Bruins are sleepwalking.  You know what it's not a good strategy to do?  Poke a sleeping bear.  But I fully anticipate Carlyle drilling it into his team: show them who the new bully is.  At that point, one of two things happens - either the Bruins wake up and play the kind of hockey they have often played in physical series, or they get pre-occupied with who the bigger bully is and forget to win the series. I'm leaning on the former.

Complete agreement with you BB. This series will be a great one and will serve as a wake up call to the bruins. Let's not forget how the Kings went in to the playoffs last season. That ended pretty well for them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I wish we had super idiot Kessel , rather than that person wearing a #19 jersey and posing as a #2 pick ... have you watched him evolve as a player this year? 

Wow.  Have you ever got blinders on.

One thing is that Seguin is still evolving as a player, Kessel's 'evolution' was done by his third year.  He is still the same player now as he was then.

Seguin is still maturing, Kessel's maturity level stopped ages ago.

Second thing - check Kessel's playoffs stats, he scored most all of his goals against earlier easier opponents and vanished for the Canes series.

Seguin has scored some goals in the playoffs when the going wasn't against a push over team.

BadHab, it's well known on here that your disdain  for Kessel continues.. that is fine.. I wish at this time Seguin would show more than he has after 3 years in the league.  Hope he does, but I just see him taking too many nights off.... I like Kessel and the pure offense he brings to a team, warts and all...on the PP this guy is feared and a scoring threat..... and if you have watched this year , which I doubt,  he had 32 assists and finished  8th  in scoring in the league... meaning he has figured out to involve his team mates as well, I think they call it that maturity..... I have even heard Carlyle use that word when discussing Kessel evolving as a player this season... How is he the same player now as he was then?  Get over the hate buddy...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I wish we had super idiot Kessel , rather than that person wearing a #19 jersey and posing as a #2 pick ... have you watched him evolve as a player this year? 

One thing is that Seguin is still evolving as a player, Kessel's 'evolution' was done by his third year.  He is still the same player now as he was then.

Second thing - check Kessel's playoffs stats, he scored most all of his goals against earlier easier opponents and vanished for the Canes series.

Seguin has scored some goals in the playoffs when the going wasn't against a push over team.

Thank God we didnt play them in the last 3 weeks...stop dreaming badhab ...there is not a chance the Bruins will pass first round...in the last 9 games we've won 2 games , 1 against the worst NHL team the Panthers and one against TB....if the B's win 2 games against the Leafs it'll be 'mission accomplished''

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Thank God we didnt play them in the last 3 weeks...stop dreaming badhab ...there is not a chance the Bruins will pass first round...in the last 9 games we've won 2 games , 1 against the worst NHL team the Panthers and one against TB....if the B's win 2 games against the Leafs it'll be 'mission accomplished''

Stanley, you can still change your prediction... the Leafs won't beat the Bruins in the opening round.. no way they will be able to win  four games.. they will win one or maybe two, but not enough for the series...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BadHab, it's well known on here that your disdain  for Kessel continues.. that is fine.. I wish at this time Seguin would show more than he has after 3 years in the league.  Hope he does, but I just see him taking too many nights off.... I like Kessel and the pure offense he brings to a team, warts and all...on the PP this guy is feared and a scoring threat..... and if you have watched this year , which I doubt,  he had 32 assists and finished  8th  in scoring in the league... meaning he has figured out to involve his team mates as well, I think they call it that maturity..... I have even heard Carlyle use that word when discussing Kessel evolving as a player this season... How is he the same player now as he was then?  Get over the hate buddy...

If Kessel outscores/outperforms Seguin in this series, then my hate could turn to respect, and true I haven't been watching Kessel this year practically hardly at all.

I hate Kessel because I feel he doesn't give the effort and doesn't use the talent he has.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Why do people think Montreal will walk over Ottawa.  If we have learned anything about Ottawa its that they don't know how to quit.   They have the 2nd best rated Def in hockey and probably the best goalie going into the playoffs.   They have excellent def, hard working young fwds.  They lack a little scoring pwr but they have all year. 

As for the Leafs.  Not worried. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Stanley, you can still change your prediction... the Leafs won't beat the Bruins in the opening round.. no way they will be able to win  four games.. they will win one or maybe two, but not enough for the series...

you must be joking ...are you ??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

How can someone possobly think that the Bruins can win against the Leafs ???

Bruins have lost 7 out of their last 9 games ..every single games was a MUST win ti finish ahead of the Scabs...the only 2 wins came against Panthers and TB ...there is not a chance in the world that the Bruins can win 4 of their next 7games ...

LEAFS in 5 

Sorry guys but our team need a major makeover ...its over for this season and if PC doesnt make a blockbuster trade this summer...forget next season as well ...Bruins management prefer to hire oldies like Pandolfo instead of giving the chance to talented players like the ones we have in Providence ...go figure 

Just because you didn't get PC's job is not a reason to make embarrassing predictions against your team. PC has done most of what he could do as a GM (except replace CJ) and as far as the Leafs in the playoffs, first you can bet on Kessel and Grabovski choking. Secondly, Rask will do better then Reimer because of more experience (though more as a backup then starter). Finally, the Leafs' unidimensional "tough guy" strategy will crumble as the playoffs advance. In short you're afraid of a paper tiger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What fun.

What I want to see - Bruins sweep.

I will die if they lose 

RIP

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

...stop dreaming badhab ...

[/QUOTE]

Oh, oh...... them's fightin' words.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

RIP

[/QUOTE]

........and again. Badhab, you gonna take that ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Did someone say they won a mere 8 of their last 18 games in 2011? You say they weren't playing well? You say they lost their first two games at home and their offense looked anemic? Very interesting...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Did someone say they won a mere 8 of their last 18 games in 2011? You say they weren't playing well? You say they lost their first two games at home and their offense looked anemic? Very interesting...

Stop talking non-sense. Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He's right Stanley, you can still come over to the RIGHT side and save having to leave the board for the remainder of the playoffs per our deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Take it to the bank Stanley .... The Bruins will not disappoint you ..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

The Bruins haven't played the Leafs in over a month, so there's no telling what kind of team we'll see.

Secondly, we can point to the Leafs' defensive weaknesses as a way to beat them. Do you remeber the Caps last year?   They arrived with 2.8 GA (7th in the East) per game and a rookie goalie.  The Leafs arrive with a 2.77 GA (7th in the East) per game and a goalie who has games and seasons under his belt. 

We saw what the Caps did to the Bs defensively.  

What happened last year against the Caps has no bearing on what will happen this year vs. the Leafs.  Bringing it up as if it does makes you a proud member of the "Always Talk About The Worst In Order To Safeguard Your Fragile Feelings In Case Of A Loss Club".

Congrats on your membership into this group of losers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

What fun.

What I want to see - Bruins sweep.

I will die if they lose 

Never-ever underestimate your adversary!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Without Wheeler, they don't stand a chance. Did you see how great Wheels played, and how he almost got the Jets to the Playoffs. I mean really close.  Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Without Wheeler, they don't stand a chance. Did you see how great Wheels played, and how he almost got the Jets to the Playoffs. I mean really close.  Smile

Id take that trade back though.  Haha.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

He's right Stanley, you can still come over to the RIGHT side and save having to leave the board for the remainder of the playoffs per our deal.

E have a deal ....I would bet my house , my car and ....my wife on the Leafs...I love the BRUINS ...and I will feel sad to see them lose but ....there is a lot to do to bring this team back to the winning track ...sorry 4ever...but you are gone my friend...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

...stop dreaming badhab ...

Oh, oh...... them's fightin' words.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chow

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Forget the regular season. The Bs are almost injury free now and they'll have had time to regroup and work their problems out. I can't see how they can lose to the Maple Laughs and their paltry play off experience.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Sorry Stanley, I can't see your posts. I put you on Ignore, and it won't let me un-ignore you. 

Whad up with dat?