Bruins v. Sens (11/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bruins v. Sens (11/03/13)

Sens coming off a big win against the Rangers on friday and have Latandresse (Cedfano's personal punching bag....http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/38162.) back in the lineup.

However, Michalek is gone...possibly for the year. No word on who is starting in nets for Ottawa but, peronally, I hope it is Bishop rather than Lehner.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417906

Interesting note: Until Saturday, the B's had not shut out Philly since 2003....the goalie to do it was none other than part-timer Jeff Hacket.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bruins v. Sens (11/03/13)

Gotta respect the way they are playing.  Not nearly enough to make a serious run but man they are playing their system well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes they definitely are. If the B's can get some early pressure on their Binghamton D, however, they will start to crack and run around. That's when to strike for a few goals.

MacLean must be doing this with mirrors because this team shoud be fading...yet they are not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Yes they definitely are. If the B's can get some early pressure on their Binghamton D, however, they will start to crack and run around. That's when to strike for a few goals.

MacLean must be doing this with mirrors because this team shoud be fading...yet they are not.

Wonder if his twin will be there.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha...forgot about that. Brilliant!!

By the way, MacLean stroking the B's egos a bit by telling the media they are probably the best in the East. Truth or tactic to make them overconfident?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Amazing, really.  Their D is three AHL players, two aging veterans clearly on the downside (Gonchar and Phillips) and a guy who Columbus decided was expendable (Methot).  Kyle Turris is ice cold because he's not good enough to play against top defensive players and still score regularly, Alfredsson isn't the kind of offensive player he once was, and Greening, Condra, Daugavins, Regin, etc etc. are never going to be serious offensive threats on their own.  They're getting just enough offense from the two younger guys who have the talent to make a difference - Zibanejad and Silfverberg - and timely contributions from a bunch of guys like O'Brien, Dziurzinski, and even Neil.  Karlsson still leads them in goals with a whopping six.  Five Bruins have at least that many, and Stamkos has three times that many.

They have two rookie goaltenders playing while their journeyman-come-superstar is out with his annual chicken-related injury or something.  (I know it's a knee...).

And they're only a couple of games back of the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Amazing, really.  Their D is three AHL players, two aging veterans clearly on the downside (Gonchar and Phillips) and a guy who Columbus decided was expendable (Methot).  Kyle Turris is ice cold because he's not good enough to play against top defensive players and still score regularly, Alfredsson isn't the kind of offensive player he once was, and Greening, Condra, Daugavins, Regin, etc etc. are never going to be serious offensive threats on their own.  They're getting just enough offense from the two younger guys who have the talent to make a difference - Zibanejad and Silfverberg - and timely contributions from a bunch of guys like O'Brien, Dziurzinski, and even Neil.  Karlsson still leads them in goals with a whopping six.  Five Bruins have at least that many, and Stamkos has three times that many.

They have two rookie goaltenders playing while their journeyman-come-superstar is out with his annual chicken-related injury or something.  (I know it's a knee...).

And they're only a couple of games back of the Bruins.

Great post.  Its crazy. But good on them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If there is anyone who should be among those presently in the discussion for coach of the year it's Paul Maclean.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to saultont's comment:

Wonder if his twin will be there.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6jB2nq7INo&feature=share&list=UUbrOpxWGY5sJ5Eh1xXFwQlA

He really resembles him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

If there is anyone who should be among those presently in the discussion for coach of the year it's Paul Maclean.

Can't think of anyone more deserving of the Adams so far. Nothing but respect for how they've been playing. However, the B's haven't lost in Ottawa since April, 2009 - hopefully that streak doesn't end tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

hahaha...forgot about that. Brilliant!!

By the way, MacLean stroking the B's egos a bit by telling the media they are probably the best in the East. Truth or tactic to make them overconfident?

Both not going to work. These games in hand are coming now with Ottawa n Pittsburgh tomorrow. Their is not going to be a let down . Plus they are trying to catch  the Habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Both not going to work. These games in hand are coming now with Ottawa n Pittsburgh tomorrow. Their is not going to be a let down . Plus they are trying to catch  the Habs.

Hope that is indeed the case. I am sure CJ will have them well prepared and if the third line continues to hold its own then the B's should do fine....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looks like Lehner is going to start....damn.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Yes it took a PB goal that trickled by the goal line to beat him last time .  I expect him to be in net . They will take the old saying one shift at a time. I agree the Sen's are playing as a team with all the injuries. The problem it will be a tight game lets roll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I will probably be ridiculed for suggesting this but I am kind of expecting a blowout for the B's. Ottawa has been playing over its head for a while now and the B's, if the Philly game is any indication, are heading to the next level.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I will probably be ridiculed for suggesting this but I am kind of expecting a blowout for the B's. Ottawa has been playing over its head for a while now and the B's, if the Philly game is any indication, are heading to the next level.

With the way they've been playing as a team, jm, I just can't see a blowout. Wouldn't be shocked if the Sens squeak out the win. One opponent that's really earned my respect this season. No ridicule, just that everyone has been saying for a month now that the wheels would come off for the Sens, and they still haven't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOT.    Hope you are right. We can use one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I too hope I am right. B's have not had one all year. Even crappy teams like EDm and CBJ have had one. B's are due.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sens had a Hasek-like mental image of Thomas. You could always count on one or two blown open chances by even the best Senioritas. Time for Tuukka (or Khudobin) to take away the Thomas excuse.

Be nice to see them win by two in regulation. Short of Lehner catching the flu, I don't think 8-1 is in the cards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sens had a Hasek-like mental image of Thomas. You could always count on one or two blown open chances by even the best Senioritas. Time for Tuukka (or Khudobin) to take away the Thomas excuse.

Be nice to see them win by two in regulation. Short of Lehner catching the flu, I don't think 8-1 is in the cards.

Nah, more like 6-1 or 5-2.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If it's Lehner and Rask, I could easily see a 1-0 goalie deul, going either way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Ottawa hasn't had a home game in 14 days. Hopefully they forgot how to win at home where they're 9-1-2. Bruins win 3-1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

If it's Lehner and Rask, I could easily see a 1-0 goalie deul, going either way.

Aww...where's the fun in that...:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sens coming off a big win against the Rangers on friday and have Latandresse (Cedfano's personal punching bag....http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/38162.) back in the lineup.

However, Michalek is gone...possibly for the year. No word on who is starting in nets for Ottawa but, peronally, I hope it is Bishop rather than Lehner.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417906

Interesting note: Until Saturday, the B's had not shut out Philly since 2003....the goalie to do it was none other than part-timer Jeff Hacket.

The best thing about that fight are the 6.5% at hockeyfights.com who voted that Latendresse won it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The best thing about that fight are the 6.5% at hockeyfights.com who voted that Latendresse won it.

lol...there's always homers on that sight that do that, presumably for kicks. I was just viewing the Neil v. Orr fight from last week and some TO homer voted for Orr because "he tried." lol....that's like receiving the much vaunted "participation badge" in a elementary school track meet.