BRUINS will be much stronger after this year's 7th Stanley Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS will be much stronger after this year's 7th Stanley Cup

Many reasons for that ...

Shawn Thornton wont be in the NHL next year ...(by far the slowest player on the ice last night)..Soderberg will finally get a regular spot on the fourth line ..major improvment

PEV will be gone ...phew ..finally ..Spooner, Caron, Camper, Cunningham will get a chance and believe me this is a big ++++++ over useless PEV ....

Hamilton will be even better...Krug will be great,  Bart could be added if not will all the D's ..PC could make a trade to improve the team and get another shot at the Cup next season...

Rask is now probably the best goalie in the league...

So I see another Stanley Cup in 2014

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: BRUINS will be much stronger after this year's 7th Stanley Cup

I see the BRUINS winning their 10th Stanley Cup by 2020 ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Ference is probably done here too as we need the space for up and coming d-men.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

Ference is probably done here too as we need the space for up and coming d-men.

One of my friends works with someone who has a condo in the same building as Ference and says that they already have it on the market.  Could be he just wants to sell it and move somewhere else in Boston, but I might guess that Ference already knows he won't be resigned, it's just plain cap math at work that puts him out of Boston, likely Horton, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Shawn Thornton wont be in the NHL next year ...(by far the slowest player on the ice last night)..Soderberg will finally get a regular spot on the fourth line ..major improvment

PEV will be gone ...phew ..finally ..Spooner, Caron, Camper, Cunningham will get a chance and believe me this is a big ++++++ over useless PEV ....

Hamilton will be even better...Krug will be great,  Bart could be added if not will all the D's ..PC could make a trade to improve the team and get another shot at the Cup next season...

I will wait to see if the team wins the cup THIS year, before I start worrying about predicting a Cup, for NEXT year.

Also, I do not believe that any team with a max cap hit this year, can be stronger next year, with the cap being lowered.

It also looks like I will have to put up with another year of your constant whining about Peverley, and now, Thornton, because I doubt, either will be bought out. Thornton does not have an onerous contract for a 4th line winger, and has only next year before he becomes a UFA. Peverley is paid too much for what he has done this year, but he has enough intangibles, that they may decide he is worth keeping.

However, with Rask likely being signed to a cap hit in the area of 5.95M, and Svedberg the likely backup, at just under a 1M cap hit, Ference replaced by Krug at .95M cap hit, it will still only leave 2M for a #1 RW. Say goodbye to Horton.

Buying out Peverley would give an extra 2M  to find a 1st line RW, but I doubt that would bring much, on the open market.

If none of the youngsters in the orginization, are ready for prime time, the Bruins may look at bringing Jagr back, for one more year.

So, I believe that next year's team will look like this group, minus Horton and Ference. Stronger? No, but still competitive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thornton is under contract until 14/15

Peverly is under contract until 15/16

How will both of those guys be gone next season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

let's hope Horton takes a hometown discount to stay....  he's a beast come playoffs....

that said, PC will have his work cut out to fit him in considering Bergy & Seidenberg will have to be re-signed in the near future....  not to mention Tuukka's big raise.....

don't see Ference or Jagr returning and Khudobin will probably get a more enticing offer from the KHL....

the rest of the regulars should be coming back to hopefully defend the cup....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thornton is under contract until 14/15

Peverly is under contract until 15/16

How will both of those guys be gone next season?

[/QUOTE]

According to Capgeek, Thornton is a UFA after next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

[QUOTE]

I will wait to see if the team wins the cup THIS year, before I start worrying about predicting a Cup, for NEXT year.

Also, I do not believe that any team with a max cap hit this year, can be stronger next year, with the cap being lowered.

It also looks like I will have to put up with another year of your constant whining about Peverley, and now, Thornton, because I doubt, either will be bought out. Thornton does not have an onerous contract for a 4th line winger, and has only next year before he becomes a UFA. Peverley is paid too much for what he has done this year, but he has enough intangibles, that they may decide he is worth keeping.

However, with Rask likely being signed to a cap hit in the area of 5.95M, and Svedberg the likely backup, at just under a 1M cap hit, Ference replaced by Krug at .95M cap hit, it will still only leave 2M for a #1 RW. Say goodbye to Horton.

Buying out Peverley would give an extra 2M  to find a 1st line RW, but I doubt that would bring much, on the open market.

If none of the youngsters in the orginization, are ready for prime time, the Bruins may look at bringing Jagr back, for one more year.

So, I believe that next year's team will look like this group, minus Horton and Ference. Stronger? No, but still competitive.

[/QUOTE]

I actually think Stanley is right about Peverley. They can buy him out, they could probably trade him and eat some of the contract. My guess is though that the main reason for a peverley or kelly move wouldn't be their play, but to make room for younger guys. It makes sense. It is clear to me that they think Soderberg is ready to play at an NHL level (stanley, putting him on the fourth line is absolutely insane), and I for one think that Spooner is ready to play in the NHL. 

I think they'll try to take some money off the third line to keep horton. It's just a gut feeling of mine that they REALLY like their top six of Horton, Krejci, Lucic, Seguin, Bergeron, and Marchand. 

My feeling is that the season after next, the team will be very very strong. The cap is likely going to be somewhere between 69-70 million given a likely 8% increase in HRR. The only two players they would need to extend are bergy and seids. My dream is for NYR to tank next year and Callahan to look to sign with another team and come to Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I actually think Stanley is right about Peverley. They can buy him out, they could probably trade him and eat some of the contract. My guess is though that the main reason for a peverley or kelly move wouldn't be their play, but to make room for younger guys. It makes sense. It is clear to me that they think Soderberg is ready to play at an NHL level (stanley, putting him on the fourth line is absolutely insane), and I for one think that Spooner is ready to play in the NHL. 

I think they'll try to take some money off the third line to keep horton. It's just a gut feeling of mine that they REALLY like their top six of Horton, Krejci, Lucic, Seguin, Bergeron, and Marchand. 

My feeling is that the season after next, the team will be very very strong. The cap is likely going to be somewhere between 69-70 million given a likely 8% increase in HRR. The only two players they would need to extend are bergy and seids. My dream is for NYR to tank next year and Callahan to look to sign with another team and come to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

I just imagined that for a second and it gave me a semi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

Soda - Spooner - Callahan

Paille - Campbell - whoever

more than a semi for me. pipe dream though. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

that would be great

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

Soda - Spooner - Callahan

Paille - Campbell - whoever

more than a semi for me. pipe dream though. 

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

This Bs team is stronger than the 11 team.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

So you are a guy? Laughing j/k